Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. Well all that empty space was sure worth that joke.
  2. http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Chris_Benoit Got some laughs from me.
  3. Somehow I forgot that we just had a suspension (Jeff Hardy) who was really taken off TV instead of just the "free TV and now road tour" suspension. This should be interesting.
  4. That segment is from the Raw 2 weeks after Canadian Stampede and I have no idea what the point was. Sid hadn't been on TV in weeks at that point and I don't think he appeared again after that. I only know the date of this because I have a tape of the post Stampede Raw around here somewhere along with that opening segment from the Raw after it. I know Patriot beat Bret on the Raw before SummerSlam but I don't know if that was his WWE ring debut. Either way I think he started after Canadian Stampede.
  5. Johnny Stamboli?
  6. I think this came up recently but I don't quite recall - is WWE doing legitimate suspensions now to save face, or are they still likely to do the "you guys are suspended from house show tours but we need you for angles so you get to work TV for free" way of suspension?
  7. I called 1-888-My WWE 247 to complain about my lack of updates but it was just a recording. Anyway, the September Preview video indicates that Dynamite Kid's match is from Stampede. Seeing Finlay with a mullet, mustache, and leather jacket with half of a football shoulder pad was priceless.
  8. So I guess that means that other guy everyone was gushing over didn't have a tryout (damn you "The Longest Yard 2005", I pronounce this word "tree-out" all the time now) after all. Oh well.
  9. Kayfabe wise, these opponents are supposed to be too groggy to notice all of this showboating. If they aren't out of it, they generally counter the move.
  10. True story: If al hadn't made this first, my thread sub-title was going to be "The thread Black Lushus is too cool for" or something like that. I'm sloooowly getting my updated. My Shorties expanded this morning to add Andre (boy was my guess for the match they would show way off), Mascaras, and Regal vs Finlay but still nothing else. I trust it will be all there (except One Night Stand) when I get home. The funny thing about Henry vs Kane is the match didn't make any sense anyway - they have Henry beat Kane (with a bearhug I think, I didn't see the show so I'm going off of result memory) then do absolutely nothing of note on PPV since while beating jobbers on TV. Meanwhile Kane challenges for the world title.
  11. Aside from the mention July 97 Raw, I also caught the song removal when they showed the 97 Christmas Raw last December.
  12. Those spoilers don't sound like an hour of television each. Does Impact have longer matches these days?
  13. Remember that when Rey was squashed it was because he was being punished for being the default world champion when Orton messed up again.
  14. I watched Carlos vs Butcher last night, not as bad as I would have thought. Seemed kinda decent for a punch kick clothesline elbow drop affair, actually. Of course, the reason I watched that and not something else is because it's the only damned update I got. Hopefully things are different when I get home.
  15. How is the limited release documentary "King of Kong" doing?
  16. I enjoyed the film too (and really didn't see some of those story twists coming at all). The audience at the showing we went to last night seemed to be 1/2 Asian. Nothing wrong with that, just something I observed (makes sense too I guess).
  17. The Maple Leaf Gardens show sounds very boring. The match I listed was the most interesting thing listed and I'm sure that's not very good. Looking forward to the 89 Copps show, though.
  18. On the topic of the book, I think I found the quote that made me laugh the loudest today (this is from memory so might not be exact). Backstage, Goldberg can be heard loudly yelling in agony from his locker room. "Goldberg may have been the victim of an attack" theorizes Tony Schiavonie. "Or maybe he just fell down".
  19. Beaten by al. None the less I'm still going to post the week by week schedule. Just a reminder that if your cable company offers 24/7, it's supposed to be available for a free trial period (conditions may apply?) Week 1 - August 29th - September 4th: Previews: 24/7 September Preview AWA Preview Collision in Korea Preview Maple Leaf Gardens Preview Legends: Iron Sheik Hall of Fame piece (which should include his awesome speech). Iron Sheik at WrestleMania Iron Sheik vs Pedro Morales Global Warfare 93 (Coliseum Video featuring Money Inc. vs The Steiners) Spectacular Legacy of the AWA TV Classics: ECW - December 24, 1995. Prime Time Wrestling - July 6, 1987 Big Ones: WCW Collision in Korea (headlined by Ric Flair vs Antonio Inoki) WWE One Night Stand 2007 (most likely not available on Cogeco, as per usual with the recent shows) Maple Leaf Gardens show - September 22, 1985 (featuring Tito Santana vs Jesse Ventura for the IC title). Shorties: Andre the Giant match (guess: vs Warrior from France) Carlos Colon match Mil Mascaras match (guess: vs. Morales from MSG) Sheepherders match Steve Regal vs Belfast Bruiser Week 2 - September 5th - September 11th: TV Classics: TNT - January 17, 1986 NWA Wrestling - November 30, 1985 (Starrcade fallout) World Class - January 8, 1983 (Flair vs Kerry Von Erich) Monday Night Wars - March 10, 1997 (Raw becomes "Raw is War" with Undertaker and Sid vs Vader and Mankind while Nitro features 8 man action as Lex Luger, The Giant, and The Steiners take on Greg Valentine, Roadblock, and the Amazing French Canadians). Week 3 - September 12th - September 18th: Legends: Iron Sheik vs. Tito Santana Iron Sheik vs. British Bulldogs Best of Bret Hart (I cannot find any listings for this tape) TV Classics: History of ECW - December 31, 1995 Prime Time Wrestling - July 13, 1987 Big Ones: WWE Vengeance 2007 WWE European Rampage 91 (2 parts - features a Battle Royal) Copps Coliseum (Hamilton) House Show - May 1, 1989 (featuring a 16 man Battle Royal and Rick Rude vs Ultimate Warrior) Shorties: Antonio Inoki Antonio Rocca Billy Robinson Dynamite Kid Jushin Liger Week 4 - September 13th - September 25th: TV Classics: TNT - January 24, 1986 NWA Wrestling - December 7, 1985 CWF - March 31, 1982 Monday Night War - March 17, 1997 (Raw features the infamous Bret Hart vs. Sid cage match while Nitro features Lex Luger and The Giant vs. Knuckles Nelson and T. Rantula (aren't those awesome names?) and Harlem Heat vs The Steiners.
  20. Some wrestlers do that. Mostly indy guys who've been in for more than a year or two but less than ten. But I've never met a non-worker who was quite that sad. It's really funny when non-fans who are friends of fans who use this "real life smark talk" start using it too. I know a few people like that.
  21. This is BS, Stevie has been on a roll and should be in the #1 contenders mix.
  22. Halloween doesn't countr because those shows are always awesome with party themes and such. Who can ever forget that little outfit Liz was wearing at a SNME Halloween special? I hope that 2002 SmackDown is on 24/7 again this October. Looking back at my post it looks like I syntaxally paired 1997's Thursday Raw Thursday and the 1999 Skydome Raw as the same thing, which I didn't intend to do. I was trying to say TRT was the sole exception to a Non-Monday Raw being any good or significantly important (I can also tell you that, just recently watching it on 24/7, it was not from the Manhatten Center but it did have that similar look - MC was later in the month).
  23. All the lyrics about athiesm really ruin the otherwise awesome sounding "Dear God" by XTC.
  24. That was about what I expected from Raw. I'm pretty sure history as shown that Raw will be bland and uninspired if it is: - On a different day and time (Thursday Raw Thursday being like, the sole exception; they booked a god awful Raw in front of a huge Skydome crowd in what was billed in Canada was the biggest Raw ever just because it was pre-empted by the dog show) - On a holiday. - On a different network (I forget if last year's Sci-Fi Raw was any good but I'm assuming not). Basically anytime they think they're going to have less viewers than usual, why try? That said, I must add in my "that was awesome" to Orton kicking Cena Sr.
×
×
  • Create New...