TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Memphis

EWR 4.0 Has Officially Been Set Free!

Guest Dids

Has anybody been able to get anything good out of Kidman- he's been sucking for me...

Also- Shark Boy is A- sucking and B- is all pissed because I hired somebody he doesn't like (Fuck you Sharky- Stryker is putting on better matches than you anyway)... If I just give him a gimmic change (I wanna take the mask off, call him by his real name...) will that boost his morale any?

He's supposed to be my most over wrestler- but I'm sorry- I'm not pushing a guy dressed as a shark that much.

Guest Fook

Until Mysterio got injured, I was teaming Kidman with him and they were doing well.

He's on his own now, but because of the team, he's gained enough overness and morale that I don't have to worry about him for a while.

Well, I got over my anger about the tag title match, but now I have a new problem. My last two shows, I've had all of my matches be below the average of the crowd heat and match quality. For example, in my tag match between the Second City Saints and Kash and London where I blew off the feud right, I got an 82 for crowd heat and a 100 for match quality, but I still got an 81 overall.

I was wondering, could it be because I hired a few new staff members? I got a new ref, a new production assistant, and a new writer, but I didn't actually fire anyone. If that's what did it to me, then that's pretty screwed up.

Well, I got over my anger about the tag title match, but now I have a new problem. My last two shows, I've had all of my matches be below the average of the crowd heat and match quality. For example, in my tag match between the Second City Saints and Kash and London where I blew off the feud right, I got an 82 for crowd heat and a 100 for match quality, but I still got an 81 overall.

I was wondering, could it be because I hired a few new staff members? I got a new ref, a new production assistant, and a new writer, but I didn't actually fire anyone. If that's what did it to me, then that's pretty screwed up.

It's a bug in the game that pops up randomly.

Guest TheArchiteck
Has anybody been able to get anything good out of Kidman- he's been sucking for me...

Also- Shark Boy is A- sucking and B- is all pissed because I hired somebody he doesn't like (Fuck you Sharky- Stryker is putting on better matches than you anyway)... If I just give him a gimmic change (I wanna take the mask off, call him by his real name...) will that boost his morale any?

He's supposed to be my most over wrestler- but I'm sorry- I'm not pushing a guy dressed as a shark that much.

Yeah, I picked up Kidman for my goal to get all the contracted wcw guys.

I had him and Pyschosis feud for a couple months. Pyschosis was constantly getting over while Kidman just sort of stayed at the same level. So I decided to make him go over.

After that I pretty much gave Kidman the boot.

Shark Boy is doing great for me when I last used him.

He's charismatic, high speed and very high morale.

I'm sure i'll give him a program after I downsize some junk.

Although I did have Shark Boy in development till he wanted out.

If your a Global fed, put him in there, his skills will increase nicely.

Right now, Lance Storm (81) is the man.

He's feuding with the Rock (83--got the Rock when WWE dropped to cult :( )

I had Lance in Development for like forever. His charisma...get this......raised to like 96! Better yet, his technical skill is 94. (Ricky Steamboat, Malenko and some other high skilled guys are trainers.)

So Lance vs Rock matches have a pretty high crowd involvment.

As soon as thats over, i'm jobbing Rock out to some low midcarders...since his wrestling skills are worst than even my new graduated training camp ppl.

I had hit that one year mark, and 10 new people was added to my roster. I cut like 4 of the lower skilled ones and put the somewhat promising ones in development. I really don't need such low overness wrestlers....but since they are homegrown...i might keep em.

btw......just put Shark Boy in a feud. Have him give interviews and be involved in angles with higher overness wrestlers. Anything you can do to make his overness rise will work. So changing his gimmick would work too. Just as long as u pick the right one.

Guest Nanks

All of my lower card and former indy wrestlers are getting over huge instead of all my top guys at the moment. And my top guys are losing morale because of it. After their series of ***** matches over the IC belt Hurricane is 96 over (he won the feud) and Tajiri is 86 over. I'm having somewhat of a #1 I/C contender feud between Ace Steel & Johnny Kashmere at the moment and only 4 encounters in they've busted out a ***** match. I can see them getting crazy over before I give the nod to Kashmere and feud him with Hurricane. The I/C belt has a better image than the World Heavyweight belt and the WWE World belt!!

BREAKING NEWS - Fuck! Kurt Angle has 3 months left on his contract and has 24 morale. How in God's name can I get his morale up 16 points so I can sign him to a massive contract, and fast?? He has my fuckin' WWE World belt and is 98 over. I can't lose him. HELP ME JEBUS~!

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing, my finance thing says I made $3714960 last month, but I keep being told I'm losing money. What the...?

Guest Nanks

I already hired Jason Breeze (actually coming along nicely enough in OVW) and Eric Angle (moaning bitch kicked up a fuss when I tried to job him out to the talented Jonny C on debut) to please him last time. I just had him win a big feud blow-off with Eddie Guerrero do I just give him wins in cages every show or something??

Guest Nanks

1inchpunch - Eric Angle = Brawl 69 Speed 24 Tech 64 I fail to see the good worker part.

UYI - I WILL NOT stand idly by and listen to you say that uber-talented MONSTER HOSS BAH GAWD Nathan Jones sucks donkey balls. No donkey would have such disregard for their safety to let him that close to them.

And now you've said that, you've inspired me to hire Ashley Hudson and stick him in OVW til he gets good.

As far as the Kurt Angle with 24 morale: you're fucked. Straight and simple. It's a bitch to bring him back up to 100 when you get down that far. Take in part my problems with Paul London, I had done everything to raise him back up and for nothing.

Give it a shot, but you'll have a hill to climb, I'm telling ya.

Guest Askewniverse
BREAKING NEWS - Fuck! Kurt Angle has 3 months left on his contract and has 24 morale.  How in God's name can I get his morale up 16 points so I can sign him to a massive contract, and fast??  He has my fuckin' WWE World belt and is 98 over.  I can't lose him.  HELP ME JEBUS~!

If you're willing to cheat, you can easily raise his morale.

First, create a new folder. Cut the files in the data folder and paste them in the new folder. Next, cut and paste your current game (if it's saved in the first slot, it'll be in folder s1, second slot=s2, etc) into the data folder.

Now, start the game and go to file editor. Go into workers, and select Kurt Angle. Click on "edit employment details." Go to position, and change it to jobber, then exit the game.

Now, cut the files in the data folder, and paste it back into the save folder that it was originally in. Then, go to the new folder that you created earlier, and put the original data files back into the data folder. Delete the new folder, since it will be empty (this is optional). Now, go into your game, and Kurt should be at jobber, with his morale still at 24. Promote him back to main eventer, and his morale should shoot back up.

I realize that this is a cheap tactic, but it's the best thing to do if you're really desperate.

EDIT: you might want to make a backup copy of your entire game and folders before you try this, just in case something gets screwed up.

Edited by Askewniverse

I never get low morale for the guys I actually use. Unless I job someone consistently, they're usually all right. Oh, and just to brag, I brought in Colt Cabana two months ago so he and CM Punk could feud w/ Kash and London for the tag titles and over the course of the feud, I raised his overness from 57 to 86. I think he gained about 15 or 20 points of overness just from the blowoff match.

Guest El Satanico

As I said earlier I had morale problems...until I got the game editor.

I just use the editor to fix morale if it drops for no good reason.

Sure it's "cheating", but I'm just playing for fun so who cares.

Guest TheArchiteck

Hmmm.....with this editor...

Can you cut people with loyalty traits and still keep the 2nd person?

Like If I wanted to cut Dreamer, would all his ECW buddies leave too?

Architeck to answer your question, when you try to fire them, the other people will tell you if they're going to quit too. If they don't say so, you're fine. Their morale might go down a little, but that's all.

As for me, I've had three out of four shows where the overall ratings were lower than the match quality and heat ratings since hiring some new staff members so I just fired my lowest rated referee. If that doesn't work, I'll have to fire my lowest rated writer too, but since they're an 82, I wouldn't think I'd have to do that.

Guest El Satanico

He knows that, he's asking if you can use the editor to get around someone else leaving when you release someone they are loyal to.

As far as I know...no it can't get around relationships. But you can turn written into open contracts and vice versa.

The best way to get around someone leaving because of loyalty, is to push the guy you want to release up and down the card until their morale is under 30. They will then gladly accept the release and their friends won't say a thing. Of course, that's the cheap way to do it, but unless you take the game serious it's no big deal.

Guest TheArchiteck
He knows that, he's asking if you can use the editor to get around someone else leaving when you release someone they are loyal to.

As far as I know...no it can't get around relationships. But you can turn written into open contracts and vice versa.

The best way to get around someone leaving because of loyalty, is to push the guy you want to release up and down the card until their morale is under 30. They will then gladly accept the release and their friends won't say a thing. Of course, that's the cheap way to do it, but unless you take the game serious it's no big deal.

Cheap or not, its effective.

I have 102 wrestlers on my roster now.

At least 30 of them have to go.

Looks like a bunch of people are going to get bounced up and down the roster!

Cheap or not, its effective.

I have 102 wrestlers on my roster now.

At least 30 of them have to go.

Looks like a bunch of people are going to get bounced up and down the roster!

I hate that problem. I had over 200 at one point (I bought out three companies on a whim), and DAMN is that a bitch to kill about 150 of them (as I was cult and you only need about 50).

It's really fun chucking people aside.

Guest JacK

Speaking of peoples stats in the games; I have a couple of Sydal related questions.

First off, who the hell are they?

Second, why is Cade so much better than Chris in the game?

Third, why isn't the Matt Sydal who was once or twice in TNA in the game, or is he in with a different name?

Fourth, if he's not one of the others, is he in the RaveX update . . . if so, would anyone have enough generosity to tell me??? (please!)

Fifth, can someone tell me Chris Vaughn's stats as well! (ok, not really Sydal related, but worth a shot!)

And iggymcfly, I'm having that same friggin problem with the stupid overall WAY lower than crowd + match. Doesn't make sense. The vast majority of my staff are over 80, only a couple are below, my prod values are 100 . . . WHAT'S GOIN' ON??? Potential 86-87-88 shows drop down to friggn 70's. The WWE are starting to regain ground, with their superior talent overness now that my more skilled workers arent doin their damn job. At least I got them down to 75 PI. I'm takin them with me damnit!

Speaking of peoples stats in the games; I have a couple of Sydal related questions.

First off, who the hell are they?

Second, why is Cade so much better than Chris in the game?

Third, why isn't the Matt Sydal who was once or twice in TNA in the game, or is he in with a different name?

Fourth, if he's not one of the others, is he in the RaveX update . . . if so, would anyone have enough generosity to tell me??? (please!)

Fifth, can someone tell me Chris Vaughn's stats as well! (ok, not really Sydal related, but worth a shot!)

And iggymcfly, I'm having that same friggin problem with the stupid overall WAY lower than crowd + match. Doesn't make sense. The vast majority of my staff are over 80, only a couple are below, my prod values are 100 . . . WHAT'S GOIN' ON??? Potential 86-87-88 shows drop down to friggn 70's. The WWE are starting to regain ground, with their superior talent overness now that my more skilled workers arent doin their damn job. At least I got them down to 75 PI. I'm takin them with me damnit!

Ok... Firstly, I only know a little bit about the Sydals, so please excuse me here.

Chris and Cade are brothers (not sure on that). Both wrestled in local feds and I believe are now on their own (but were in a tag team). Cade is the better of the two. Cade actually teaming with a guy named Kriss Sprules currently (last time I knew anyways). Both Cade and Kriss are regular posters on the ol' EWR Offical boards.

Matt Sydal is a totally different person than Chris or Cade. And he IS in RaveX's update 17.

Chris Vaughn should be in RaveX 17. Which he is. I just checked.

If your staff ratings are low in a certain area, so too will your cards. Say if you have announcers of only 75, you it'll effect the overall product.

As it's Match Quality, Crowd Reaction, Announcing Ratings (announcer stats), Prodution Ratings (crew stats), Writer Ratings (writer stats), Road Agents (agent stats) all come into play.

So if your staff isn't like 90+, you'll have some fandangled drops. Also add in the 5% chance of the show just not "clicking" and you get the results of an even worse shwo then you can imagine.

Guest El Satanico

I gave London the gimmick of bad ass and the crowd ate it up

His overness gained 3 points and his match received an improved crowd rating. So it seems that I've salvaged London's IC reign. However, he's still going to drop the title to Christopher Daniels at WM in three months.

Guest El Satanico

5 Stars!

Kurt Angle vs Chris Jericho.

Match Background: Angle and Jericho are currently feuding. Neither has managed to get an in-ring victory in this feud. This match is for the WWE World title. Kurt Angle has been WWE World champion since 31 October 2003.

The Match: Angle takes a flying neckbreaker from Chris Jericho. Spinning bulldog in the corner and Angle is down! There's a two count on the pin. Kurt Angle comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Chris Jericho just WALKS into a stiff lariat clothesline from Angle. Hard impact Russian Leg Sweep by Angle. According to some other reviewers around here, 'legsweep' is one word. Hooks the leg for a two count. Jericho gets hit with a running Splash Mountain out of the corner! Pin, but Jericho is out just before the three count. Chris Jericho charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Angle drops an elbow...but Chris Jericho moves out of the way. Spinebuster by Chris Jericho. Covers for a quick two count. Powerbomb on Angle. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Hard impact Russian Leg Sweep by Jericho. According to some other reviewers around here, 'legsweep' is one word. Chris Jericho hits some punches. How generic. Kurt Angle pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Chris Jericho takes a butterfly suplex from Angle. Corkscrew BRAINBUSTAH~! Jericho gets destroyed by it. Paul Heyman is at ringside! Jericho wastes valuable time by yelling at Heyman! Kurt Angle takes advantage of the distraction and nails Jericho from behind! Chris Jericho gets knocked to the ground by Angle. Here it comes...Angle Lock! Chris Jericho taps! Kurt Angle and Paul Heyman try to beat down Chris Jericho, but end up getting run out of the ring by a furious Chris Jericho. They leave quickly before they end up taking any more punishment.

My Opinion: Absolutely mind blowing match! This is probably up there with my favorite match of all time, Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart from Wrestlemania X and is worthy of ALL its praise. *****

Overall Rating: 99

Crowd Reaction: 100

Match Quality: 100

This was the first match in the feud between heel Angle and recently turned face Jericho. It's bullshit that I didn't get an overall rating of 100, but I'd say that was the perfect EWR match.

Guest Fook

I honestly haven't achieved ***** yet.

I just held the Royal Rumble and in the greatest travesty since the last greatest travesty, I got three ****3/4 matches, but no *****!

TWGTT vs Spanky/Tajiri, Angle vs Eddie, and Rock vs Jericho (HIAC) all got 100% match quality, but not the elusive *****!

Damn you Dames!!!

Guest JacK

Ahhh, thanks flik, that helps a hell of a lot.

Yeah, some of my staff are below 90's, most are in the mid to high eighties; although my announcers are Tenay and Wilson for the TV show, and Tenay and Konnan for the weekly PPV's . . . maybe its time to lay off some of those production stooges I hired for nice'n cheap.

And what annoyed me like HELL was how Jeff Hardy supposedly 'found religion' and then a coupl'a months later he's admitted he's got a drug problem! Well, I suppose at least he admitted it, rather than keep on hiding it . . .

And for some reason, there's a randomy wrestler called 'Mexican Dallas' who just happens to be Australian . . . damn the lack of skilled Aussie workers . . .

JacK it might just be that not a lot of Australian skilled wrestlers have submitted stuff to either Adam Ryland or RaveX (well, RaveX looks, but still), so it's kinda a double bladed edge.

Win some, lose some.

1inchpunch - Eric Angle = Brawl 69 Speed 24 Tech 64 I fail to see the good worker part.

UYI - I WILL NOT stand idly by and listen to you say that uber-talented MONSTER HOSS BAH GAWD Nathan Jones sucks donkey balls. No donkey would have such disregard for their safety to let him that close to them.

And now you've said that, you've inspired me to hire Ashley Hudson and stick him in OVW til he gets good.

Despite there being photos with those wrestlers/managers from Australia, I've never seen any of them at all, and I've seen a couple of indy-shows from Oz.

I made a star out of LEX FUCKING LUGER last time I got bored, I figure I can manage a guy with an Australian accent.

Mate.

UYI

UYI = Making a star out of anyone.

Remind me to hire you for creative ideas to get people over whenever I become booker of a fed.

And man, do I have a hell of a good fed that I'm starting up. I mean, I've got a LOT of good talent (all signed to written, I ain't stupid) and I'm quite sure that I'll be able to amuse myself chasing the WWE with ease.