TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Your state pride/shame

MICHIGAN (Guys who are still active, no Shiek, Dick the Bruiser, or Bobo Brazile)

My State's pride

Rob Van Dam

Sabu

Zack Gowen

Rhyno

Chris Sabin

My State's shame

Kevin Nash

Scott Steiner

Rick Steiner

Monty Brown

TENNESSEE

Pride:

Eddie Gilbert (from my hometown of Lexington even!)

Jerry Lawler

Jeff Jarret

Bill Dundee (I think he still lives around here)

Shame:

Uh.... Brian Lawler maybe?

NEW JERSEY

Pride:

DDP

Kanyon

Bam Bam Bigelow

Shame:

Chris Candido(I guess he would go in the shame category)

Tammy Sytch(seeing how she is now)

There has to be others I can't think of right now.

EDIT: Tito Santana resides in my town now, so he could be considered NJ pride now.

Edited by El Gigante

NEW JERSEY

Pride:

DDP

Kanyon

Bam Bam Bigelow

Shame:

Chris Candido(I guess he would go in the shame category)

Tammy Sytch(seeing how she is now)

There has to be others I can't think of right now.

EDIT: Tito Santana resides in my town now, so he could be considered NJ pride now.

For pride, let's not forget Raven.

And I don't know where to put them, but Nova, I know, and maybe Jack Victory live here. I've actually seen Nova at the movies. Jack Victory, I believe, lives about a block away from my high school. There's an ECW trailor in the driveway.

RHODE ISLAND:

PRIDE:

Spike Dudley

Justin Credible

SHAME:

Chuck Palumbo

Credible comes from RI? Wow, never knew that.

Ever heard of Danger Boy Alfredo & Wolverine? That's RI's biggest wrestling shame, in my opinion.

PRIDE:

Tim White, Senior Official

MASSACHUSETTS

PRIDE

HHH (pre-quad)

Saturn (trained here)

Chris Nowinski

SHAME:

HHH (post-quad)

Laz, isn't hhh from NH though, and thus not a Masshole? Or was he from here and then moved North?

And I'd put both John Cena and Kevin Sullivan as people that I'm proud to be from our great state.

OHIO

Pride:

Al Snow

Perry Saturn (minus that whole sex with a mop thing)

Brian Pillman

I'm sure there are more, but that's for now. Come on, some Ohioans help me out.

Do the Beverly Brothers count from Shaker Heights, OH? :D

Guest BAR

AM The Kid: What's that pic in your avatar man? It looks like Bret and Lance. I never knew they appeared togetther. Was that the dying days of WCW?

Guest Askewniverse
PENNSYLVANIA

Prides

------

Bruno Sammartino

Kurt Angle

Billy Kidman

Shame

--------

Ian Rotten

Cool, another Pennsylvanian.

So where does Shane Douglas go, pride or shame? Personally, I'm indifferent.

AM The Kid: What's that pic in your avatar man? It looks like Bret and Lance. I never knew they appeared togetther. Was that the dying days of WCW?

Yup, Bret and Storm..dying WCW days. WCW New Blood Rising, Lance Storm retained his Canadian Heavyweight Championship (formerly known as the U.S. Heavyweight Title) against Mike Awesome. This was back when Lance had 3 different WCW titles-ah the good ole days. This night, Storm had an amazing promo bashing the Americans:

"After wrestling for rude and obnoxious crowds in the U.S., I finally get to wrestle for some REAL wrestling fans in the greatest country in the world. If you are wondering why there is a security entourage in the back, it is because I've become a marked and hated man in the U.S. Despite claims of being a patriotic nation, they spit on me for defending my own country. It's irrational American thinking like that which has me worried about a terrorist attack in the back. It is not my fault Americans think they rule the world. It is not my fault that I threaten that illusion. It is not my fault that I will defeat another American hero, Mike Awesome."

Jacques Rougeau Jr. was the second and senior official for the match. There were special rules and shit that I dont remember but uh...I'll post a bit of the review:

"However, Rougeau overruled the in-ring official once more saying that not only was a Bundy five count required for a victory but also the pinned wrestler had to fail to meet a standard ten count. For the third time, Rougeau demanded the contest carry on. Awesome belly-to-belly suplexed Storm from the top rope through a table in the middle of the ring knocking himself silly in the process. Rougeau joined the in-ring official in laying down a ten count. Whoever could get to their feet first would win the Canadian Title. As Awesome stood up, Rougeau punched him in the face knocking him back down. Storm got up and retained the title.

Interrupting Storm and Rougeau's celebration was Bret "The Hit Man" Hart who walked to the ring with a serious look on his face and to a standing ovation from the fans. Hart stood face-to-face with Storm then he smiled and hugged the Canadian Heavyweight Champion and Rougeau effectively giving Storm his seal of approval. It should be noted that Storm was trained in the infamous Hart "dungeon" in Calgary ... Alberta, Canada. As they left the ring, Storm and Hart held the ropes open for each other in a show of mutual respect."

Thats from SLAM! Wrestling

Here's the whole pic...

wcw8.jpg

MASSACHUSETTS

PRIDE

HHH (pre-quad)

Saturn (trained here)

Chris Nowinski

SHAME:

HHH (post-quad)

Laz, isn't hhh from NH though, and thus not a Masshole? Or was he from here and then moved North?

And I'd put both John Cena and Kevin Sullivan as people that I'm proud to be from our great state.

I cpmpletely forgot about Cena and Albert, honestly. Cena is definitely a PRIDE, and Albert is borderline. He's not too offensive, but not particularly something to be proud of.

And HHH was born in Nashua, NH, true, but he spent most of his life living in Boston. Trained at Killer Kowalski's with Chyna, teamed with Saturn in the indies (which makes me somewhat wonder why HHH didn't push for Saturn more, although I'm unsure of their feelings for each other) as a Road Warrior-like team, and moved back to Nashua sometime in '99.

Besides, anybody in NH that lives in Nashua or south of Nashua is an honorary Masshole anyways. I'd consider Adam Sandler a Masshole, and he's from around Nashua.

Hopefully, one day, we'll have "Corey Lazarus" on the "PRIDE" list.

Guest whatitistoburn

I'm from Victoria, Tx.

Home of Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Pride? Shame?

You decide.

Also from Pennsylvania

Pride

------

Kurt Angle

ECW in general

Bruno Sammartino

Kidman (well, sorta)

Blackman (borderline--but he has had some good matches)

Shame

--------

The Nasty Boys

--was David Sammartino born here?

Douglas I'm kinda indifferent about as well...

Where was Jericho born? I know it was in America somewhere, I think it was New York.

Guest AndrewisyourHero

Ontario

Pride:

Edge

Christian

Val Venis

Trish Stratus

Lance Storm (born in Ontario, moved to Alberta)

Gail Kim

Shame:

Test( From my hometown, no less)

Guest Retro Rob

Long Island... Well we have Foley and JERICHO. Although you Canadians like to deny it, Y2J was a Long Islander first.

As for shame, how about Brian Gerwirtz. Speaking of Brian, coming from the "It's a Small World" file, I actually had the same driver's ed instructor that he did.

I can't believe I missed Shane Douglas. I was just working off the PWI Almanac, and they don't list him for some reason.

I'd put him on the pride list. He was a decent worker in his prime.