TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheGame2705

Warren G

Guest TheGame2705

Now I'll be honest and say I heard the song back in 2nd grade but had no freakin' clue what it was about. I listened to the words this morning and ONLY Nate Dogg could talk about having an orgy with 3 other girls at a motel and shooting the police with such non-chalantism. The beat is nice but you'd so think it'd be more fitting for a song about losing your girl, not about banging her and 7 other hos. I know you have all heard it. Discuss.

Now I'll be honest and say I heard the song back in 2nd grade but had no freakin' clue what it was about. I listened to the words this morning and ONLY Nate Dogg could talk about having an orgy with 3 other girls at a motel and shooting the police with such non-chalantism. The beat is nice but you'd so think it'd be more fitting for a song about losing your girl, not about banging her and 7 other hos. I know you have all heard it. Discuss.

What Police? WHere did you get that. He shot the guys that jumped Warren G during while he was shootying craps.

*sigh*

It is now about 1932 in black people land.

What is more important is, who gets their asses kicked on their first single? Nate came out looking like the MO FUCKIN man while Warren G just got his ass kicked.

Wait...you were in the second grade when that song came out?

*feels old*

I was in the fourth grade I think. I had the L.A. Gear pump ripoff shoes, Regulators at the time. Everyone thought I was cool cause of the song.

Hehe...you guys made me now listen to the song. It's great.

The opening verse has Nate saving Warren from the guys he was shooting craps with, because they pulled their guns at him. Nate was out getting ho's while Warren started playing.

Damn, I realized that song came out when I was 13 and the Game said he was 2nd Grade. I feel old and my birthday is next month too. Time is flying by way too fast.

Guest BAR

That used to be one of my favourite songs/albums when I was into a bit of hip-hop. 'Reality' was a bit weak. I hated 'I Want It All' and 'The Return of the Regulator' was okay. He's a good producer, though.

Guest Doyo

OK, I feel really old because I can remember the 80s song "I Keep Forgetting"

by Michael McDonald, which was the song that Warren G sampled the music from.

On one of Warren G's songs he actually says "I'm next, I'm N X E T." Yup he spelled

it like that.

On one of Warren G's songs he actually says "I'm next, I'm N X E T." Yup he spelled

it like that.

I'm pretty sure that's in "Regulators"... he goes "I'm NXET, the Warren to the G."

it like that.

That song was entitled, oddly enough, "What's Next."

A misspelling on a rap album? I'm shocked beyond words.

And damn do I feel old -- I was in college when this album came out...

Guest S&M

Damn those bitches are WAY older than I gave them credit for? Wait what year did that song come out?

On one of Warren G's songs he actually says "I'm next, I'm N X E T."  Yup he spelled

it like that.

That song was entitled, oddly enough, "What's Next."

A misspelling on a rap album? I'm shocked beyond words.

And damn do I feel old -- I was in college when this album came out...

Old ass...

*thinks about how old he was*

SHIT!!

Guest S&M

Lets see I was born in '82, so that makes me in Junior high (7th grade or so when that song came out)

I don't feel too old, I wasn't feeling hip hop back then, I was in my green day, wanna fit in type bullshit, I didn't get back into rap until my junior year of high school!

Hey on a side note, is that Nate Dogg you keep seeing in the movie Head of State, I thought it looked like him, the guy that keeps singing the song throughout the movie, anybody know what I'm talking about, anybody?

Guest TheGame2705
yea, that is Nate Dogg. that fuck'll do anything to make a dollar.

Well it's not exactly as if he isn't talented. He has a very unique voice and he's been in the hook of MANY tracks.

Guest HungryJack

wow....he sings hooks...hooray. How many solo tracks of his can you think of that are any good?

Zero. Yea, he's got talent.

Guest TheGame2705
wow....he sings hooks...hooray. How many solo tracks of his can you think of that are any good?

Just because he can't do a solo track doesn't mean he doesn't have talent. If anything it just shows he's talented at doing choruses. It also helps that he's been featured on tons of peoples' songs.

One More Day...so HA.

I can still remember the fucking words to that song.

And he had this hot ass song with Snoop...I just can't remember the name of it.

Nate Dogg is a certified millionaire from JUST doing hooks. I wouldn't stop doing them either. The guy has talent though.