TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

The Hypocrisy

This is going to lead to nothing for Jericho. That is my problem with this whole deal. If the Stacy beating led to Jericho being proven right, and start to be played up as a face (which he is in the angle) then the angle would make sense.

Instead we will get Jericho being played up as a whiny bitch, Austin will beat the shit out of him, and Austin will get sent away. So the angle will end with Austin beating the shit out of Jericho.

I actually don't mind this angle, as it gives Jericho something to do, which is always a good thing. The only problem I have is what is going to be the blowoff? It's not going to be a match, so Jericho's stuck in terms of PPV wrestling.

You call him a wifebeater and say "he does it in real life" when he only hit her once. Did he hit his other two wives? Does he attack women backstage? Does he attack women at the Chevron when they ask for ID when he buys a 6 pack? Im not condomning what he did, but Jesus, get off his fucking back.

Once is all it takes. He is a 250+ib. man hitting a 130-140 ib woman. No man has any right to hit a woman unless his life is in danger. Last I read, Debra wasn't threatening Austin in that incident. One hit is all I need to deem you a wifebeater, especially when you are an ex-football player turned pro wrestler. He should fuckin know better. I bet if HHH or any other smark hated wrestler did what Austin did, he'd be crucified here. There'd be bottles of poison for them, and if they ever struck a woman, then they deserve it. I'm just calling it like I see it. You may not think that just because Austin didn't beat her ass like he does to wrestlers in the ring, it doesn't consititute him being called a wifebeater. That's fine if that's what your view is. My view is when you are twice the size of a woman, you have no right to hit her, period. And you are a wifebeater because the only justification for him hitting her would be her holding a gun or knife and threatening to kill him.

I think Austin's personal problems have been discussed to death and we don't need to revisit them.

But, anyway, I think that the Raw creative team is absolutely pathetic and I think that Austin should've left after his job to The Rock. The fact that Steve Austin is an authority figure is a contradiction in itself. All we're seeing is a mundane, unmotivated non-wrestler basically go over everyone he's "feuding" with. The Austin/Jericho feud can be made into something good if they slowly build the double turn. Personally, I don't see why Austin should go to Smackdown.

Guest DR PHIL

DA, I completely see where your coming from on this matter, but I think labelling him a wifebeater is too strong.

As far as I know(and correct me if I'm wrong)but it was the one incident which occured during a period in which he was under a cloud of questionable mental health and stress.

That of course doesn't excuse what he did in any way but to label him a wifebeater gives the impression that he REGULARLY does this and IMO is almost slandering his name.

He fucked up, he owned up to it and did his time for it, have you NEVER made a single rash choice in the heat of things that you've later regretted.

I'm sure you've never hit a woman but you come across with this holier than thou attitude as if you know the man personally.

That being said, if he legit hits another woman again, i'll be first in line to hang the bastard.

My point is I'm tired of everyone shitting on him for one huge mistake, he 's moved on, why can't you people?

As for the stacey segment, I didn't even think the austin/debra situation in regards to it.

The only problem I had was that austin as a face attacked stacy, a face after saving her from being beaten by stiener.

The blame lies with the writers solely for piece of retarded nonsensical soap opera.

Bret Hart isn't exactly the greatest wrestler to step into the ring, either. Owen was way more talented than Bret.

*opens can of worms*

I wouldn't say that's opening too big of a can of worms, Choken.

Owen was just as good as Bret when it came to technical ability, but far superior when it came to working a high flying style.

With that being said, Owen was never pushed as big as a babyface like Bret was and therefore, when it came to his WWE work, he wasn't allowed to be seen as superior to Bret in terms of mat work, IMO.

With that being said, Bret had a clear advantage on the mic and with his character in general and happens to be my favorite wrestler of all time.

Dames

The segment was just stupid. I am pointing out how hypocritical it looks to have Austin, a known wifebeater, save a babyface Kiebler, then put his hands on her.

It would only be hypocritical if he didn't hit her. What he did just showed that he cares more about getting in fights than violence against women.

I see the whole "Jericho showing up Austin" thing, but can't they do that with a little more subtlety? Like maybe while Austin is kicking Steiner's ass, he accidentally hits Stacy?

No, because that would be an accident. Jericho wouldn't have any reason to get mad and talk about Austin abusing his power.

The only problem I have with the segment is RVD getting made to look like a bitch yet again. And the ladder match went so well too... He got pushed aside last week in favor of Storm. Which wouldn't be that bad if Lance had did anything at all this week.

That'd be better than a totally out-of-nowhere stunner that's going to turn Austin heel quicker than they want to.

........he's not turning heel. Fans aren't going to sympathize with someone that doesn't like beer any time soon.

Guest TheGame2705

I didn't remember the whole domestic abuse thing and obviously the fans didn't care because they popped. I didn't like the segment because it was a waste of time.

As far as this other bullshit of "You have no right to hit a girl. Austin's a wifebeater.", you have no right to hit ANYONE. Be it a woman or man. If you think it's ok to hit a man then you're just as beligerent and sexist as well.

You call him a wifebeater and say "he does it in real life" when he only hit her once. Did he hit his other two wives? Does he attack women backstage? Does he attack women at the Chevron when they ask for ID when he buys a 6 pack? Im not condomning what he did, but Jesus, get off his fucking back.

Although i am 100% against hitting a woman for personal reasons that won't be divulged, i do have to agree that we have to cut Austin some slack, it was an isolated incident, it's not a regular occurance, not that i'm condoning it, you're all acting like he does it night in, night outl

Guest Choken One
I wouldn't say that's opening too big of a can of worms, Choken.

Owen was just as good as Bret when it came to technical ability, but far superior when it came to working a high flying style.

With that being said, Owen was never pushed as big as a babyface like Bret was and therefore, when it came to his WWE work, he wasn't allowed to be seen as superior to Bret in terms of mat work, IMO.

With that being said, Bret had a clear advantage on the mic and with his character in general and happens to be my favorite wrestler of all time.

Dames

Huh? I never said anything about a damn can of worms but I agree...

Great, so it's ok to have your IC champ and newly turned heel get buried to further a stupid angle featuring a smark favorite vs. a non wrestler?

Of course not. I didn't say that it was okay to do it; I DO understand where they were going with it, no matter how bad it was.

An angle that I gurantee will not end up with Jericho smelling like a rose.

It'll end with Austin leaving. That won't make Jericho look better?

My original gripe is why couldn't the Raw writing team further Jericho vs Austin by doing something else other than have Austin look like a huge hyprcrite by having him save a woman only to stun her in the end for something trivial when in real life Austin has hit women.

It's the WWE writing team. They book the way they feel will draw interest to the feud, no matter how half-assed it's done.

WWE shouldn't have even gone there. Mark my words.

They have...many times before.

--Dudleys putting women through tables.

--Jericho "breaking" Chyna's hand.

--Tori being chokeslammed by Kane.

--Victoria being powerbombed through a table by the Goodfather.

--Mae Young (1.) Angle-slammed by Kurt, while "pregnant" (2.) Chokeslammed by Big Show (3.) Pump-handle slammed by Test. (4.) Power-bombed off stage by Bubba (5.) Etc.

--Austin stunning Molly and Stephanie.

--Austin chairing the shit out of Lita.

--3MW going after the HLA girls.

Austin vs Jericho will not draw any fans, ratings, or new buyrates. To top it off, they are now doing unentertaining segments to further a lame ass angle.

Austin v. Jericho is an angle, not a PPV match. It's leading towards something else (though I doubt the WWE has planned that far ahead), that'll involve a new feud for Jericho, with Austin moving to Smackdown.

OK, as far as i know this is suppose to be a wrestling show, not Melrose place or the OC, the angles should be about why wrestler A has a grudge with wrestler B, and the blowoff is either a match on a ppv or a Raw event, the angle should not be about wrestler A has a grudge with non-wrestler A and the blowoff is that they don't fight (since non-wrestler A is retired but he still is a superhuman bad ass)but instead we have non-wrestler retired bad ass go to another show(to bury more wrestlers there to feed his ego) while the guy who actually still wrestles for a living uses a so called cheap win w/o pinning his opponent. On another note why didn't the writers use Steiner against another babyface, why did it have to be RVD their ic champion, someone that still makes the people pay to see him wrestle?This whole booking bs is turning the hardcore wwe fans off as much as they turned of the regular viewers and there'll be a day when they won't have any viewers at all, FUCK THE WWE.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Speaking of hypocrisy, I love to hate Jim Ross. Best announcer of all time my Irish ass.

I agree.....you know everytime someone says JR is the best announcer that Gorden Solie is seriously rolling over in his grave.

I thought the same thing when I watched the segment last night. I must be a psychic or something to know that other members of the forum were going to mention that.

I agree though, why did WWE even have Austin "save" Stacy when 1. Austin has beaten Debra in the past 2. Austin Stunned Stacy anyway after telling Steiner how stupid he is for wanting to hit her.

Not only that, but - and pardon me if someone has mentioned it already, I've not yet read the whole thread - Stacy DID NOT physically provoke him that I can recall. If they don't bring this aspect up next week, they're more idiotic than I had originally thought.

Guest NCJ

I said it before and I will say it again they will get away with it by Stacey geting pushed into Austin. My problem with the segment was that Austin dominated the whole encounter. Everything else worked fine with Steiner knocking him on his ass, but Austin should not have got the upper hand until Stacey let Austin have the chair and he hit Steiner withit. It should have atleast been a back and forth battle. My problem with the current way things are going on Raw is that two of the top four faces pop wise, Shane and Austin, are being booked as heels. Goldberg and RVD are the only majorly over faces being booked as such. And even Goldberg is begining to look like a tweener with his angle going against HBK. I would say that they are trying to clear the way for a HHH face turn, but he sure as hell ain't going over as a face with this damn bounty gimmick. P. S. what the hell does Mark Henry need with $100,000 when he signed one of the biggest contracts in WWF history before the 1996 Olympics.

Guest Goodear

"Smithers, I shudder to think of the day when $10,000 is not worth begging for."

- Mr. Burns (paraphrased)

Jericho will never get the best of Austin. Austin never lets anyone get the best of him. Don't blame it all on Vince, Steph and the writing team either. Austin never lets himself look weak. He didn't when he was an active wrestler and he still won't and if he is asked to do so, he'll throw a fit, refuse or just walk out.

When you have the pull Austin does he can get away with anything. Beating up women, getting drunk in the ring, swearing, no selling offense of the actual wrestlers, nothing shocks me. Austin is no better then Triple H calling Booker a nigger this past year, talking him down and then beating him clean.

Fuck Goldberg, Austin, Triple H, McMahons and the rest of the politics.

Edited by FeArHaVoC

I guess Austin doesn't remember how he used to get buried on a daily basis back in WCW , i don't care if he beats his wife pushing Austin as a top babyface is so counterproductive just like HHH turning babyface, in the long run it wont make money for Vince.

The question is: Will they even do anything about him giving the stunner to Stacy, or will it be forgotten by wwe and their fans after next week?

Guest wrestlingbs

I know it's a horrible message to the fans for Austin to stun somebody like that, but they've done it time and time again before. Now, if Austin starts calling Stacy "Debra" yeah there's a problem.

What I think hasn't been pointed out but may be the biggest problem is the state of Austin's character. Austin is quickly turning into the Hogan of his time. All he does now is go through the motions of his character, the what's, the stunners, the beer. Sure he gets a face pop from the crowd, but is he really that fun to watch on tv? And this whole Jerico thing I can almost guarrentee will end in Jericho getting humiliated by Austin (probably covered in shit).

The question is: Will they even do anything about him giving the stunner to Stacy, or will it be forgotten by wwe and their fans after next week?

If RAW doesn't start off next week with Austin getting fired by Bischoff in the middle of the ring and him leaving then the angle is dead before it's even started.

What's mindboggling is the fact that Austin still gets cheered even though he doesn't contribute anything for RAW, either fans cheer for him b/c out of respect just like they used to do with Hogan or they think that Austin is going to come back as a full time wrestler again soon since WWE keeps him strong for some reason, as far as i know Austin is done with being a wrestler for good.

What's mindbogling is the fact that Austin still gets cheered even though he doesn't contribute anything for RAW, either fans cheer for him b/c out of respect just like they used to do with Hogan or they think that Austin is going to come back as a full time wrestler again soon since WWE keeps him strong for some reason, as far as i know Austin is done with being a wrestler for good.

That's why in another thread I asked if the marks know that Austin's injury is for real. Cause I know some marks that thought Austin injury was fake and I had some friends ask me if it was for real. And with the way Austin is beating up people and the way WWE always treats injures I doubt many marks believe it.

The fans cheer because he's Steve Austin. He's one of the biggest wrestling superstars ever. It's not just about respect and his legacy. When your there live, the glass breaks and Austin comes walking down the ramp it's exciting. He has this presence about him that you can't ignore. Which is what made him a star in the first place.

I know it's only Steiner, but they're really hurting their RAW guys by having Austin kick their asses one by one...if he was an active wrestler it wouldn't be a problem. But they shouldn't be sacrificing their workers to management for a cheap pop.