TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

Kurt Angle's Full Time Career Over

Most in WWE right now are questioning whether Kurt Angle will ever be able to handle a full time schedule again. His neck continues to get worse and it is expected that he will have to have fusion surgery sometime after WrestleMania XX. He will have to remove some of the harsher moves he uses such as his suplexes when he returns in January. At this point, even after the fusion surgery and one year recovery period, he will probably not be able to work a full time schedule.

Credit: Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter/411

Edited by Fear Havoc

You know, that "news report" looks just like the one from last year about Kurt Angle.

Think maybe 411 screwed up and posted the "flashback" from wrestlingobserver?

Angle hurt his knee in December...hurt his neck in February so even though it's seemingly deja vu, it's the real deal.

I hope this makes people stop with the miracle Dr. Jho surgery...when your neck is fucked, your neck is fucked. Lucky for Angle he's got tons of other options left in his career, IMO. He may be done wrestling, but I don't see him leaving the business unless it's for TV, maybe movies.

Makes me wish the son of a bitch took the 1 year surgery...sure we wouldn't of had him around for this whole year but he seemingly did nothing that blow away that was worth for him coming back so early.

This is the saddest wrestling news (excluding deaths) that has come along in a very long time if it's true. Angle's one of the few truly great wrestlers left in WWE at this time, and losing him will have (and has in his absences already) a huge detrimental effect on the in-ring product. However, his health is what's important. Let's just hope he's not in as bad of a condition as has been suggested here.

Guest Choken One

No reason not to believe it.

Sadly, Angle has been reduced to a "SPECIAL ATTRACTION" wrestler and I can only see him doing 10-15 shows a year now.

I'm not sure if he loves the BUSINESS enough to stick around as a Manager or Announcer or if his REAL love was for the WRESTLING aspect.

Hopefully, He can get that Match with Shawn before it's too late.

He will have to remove some of the harsher moves he uses such as his suplexes when he returns in January.

He'll be even better then, because his suplex-fests can get really annoying and boring.

The whole situation sucks for him, but it's not surprising or anything.

I'm glad I told him "Thanks for everything you given us, Kurt." SSeries day.

:cheers:

This is not good at all. Angle was on the cusp of being pne of, if not the best the WWE has had in a LONG time, possibly ever(in WWE terms). I too wish he would've taken the Austin surgery and get fully healed. It's worth not having for a year if we cans till see his greatness for many years to come.

Angle should have gone to Youngblood and had the damn fusion surgery earlier this year. But no, he wanted to have a quick and speedy recovery time. Now look at him.

Yeah, what a selfish asshole, trying to stay out as little as possible for his fans. He deserves every fucking injury that comes his way, the bastard.

Angle should have gone to Youngblood and had the damn fusion surgery earlier this year.  But no, he wanted to have a quick and speedy recovery time.  Now look at him.

Yeah, what a selfish asshole, trying to stay out as little as possible for his fans. He deserves every fucking injury that comes his way, the bastard.

Glad you agree.

Angle should have gone to Youngblood and had the damn fusion surgery earlier this year.  But no, he wanted to have a quick and speedy recovery time.  Now look at him.

Glad you agree.

That oughta teach him!

Guest Anglesault
Oh well, what can you do.

Morgansault?

Ew.

But really, he's done enough in the company for a good career, and there's nothing left for him to do right now anyway, with brock busy, so it's for the best.

Guest Anglesault
*plays the "Clocks" Angle tribute video.

No, this is a good thing.

Kurt's neck is fucked he needs this, and besides, if he was around, there'd be nothing for him to do. Who can he feud with? matt Morgan?

Morgansault?

Ew.

But really, he's done enough in the company for a good career, and there's nothing left for him to do right now anyway, with brock busy, so it's for the best.

Eh, Lionsault would work too, you know...

This sucks, but I wouldn't rush to blame it on the choice of surgery. The fusion isn't that great either, but Kurt's rushing to get back in the ring likely aggravated what could have been a more complete recovery. Still, this does put a lot of doubts on how effective it actually is.

Oh well, one less reason to watch WWE.

Guest Anglesault

Morgansault?

Ew.

Too depressing, even for me

Morgansault?

Ew.

At least it's not Markhenrysault.

Morgansault?

Ew.

I actually like MackSault.

Guest Anglesault

Morgansault?

Ew.

Mark Henry gets pushed for no logical reason.

Jericho gets his one interesting storyline in forever killed dead a month in