TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

Brutal Actors saved by Good parts/movies

Guest Anglesault

I was watching the first two Matrix movies on DVD when something (That I'll admit I already knew) kind of occurred to me.

Keanu Reeves is one of the most ridiculously awful actors in Hollywood today. He doesn't even come off as a believable person in either of these movies. How the hell does one pull that off? I don't care if Neo is "The One" that doesn't justify him talking...so...slowly...like............a....fucking......robot. (The jujitsu line is a good example)

And yet few people seem to shit all over him, maybe because he is the lead in such a popular movie.

What other actors get saved by good parts?

Guest Anglesault
Right when I saw the title to this thread, I immediatly thought of Keanu Reeves.

Ju......Jit...su? I'm...going.............to....learn...........Ju......Jit...su?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Arnold in the first Conan film. He wasn't good at all, but the part was written around his strengths.

Christina Applegate - I haven't found anything she's done since MWC to be halfway decent.

Now keep in mind I don't like the show at all but, she did win an Emmy for her guest spot on Friends. But, I guess you meant something that she's done that YOU have liked.

Christina Applegate - I haven't found anything she's done since MWC to be halfway decent.

Now keep in mind I don't like the show at all but, she did win an Emmy for her guest spot on Friends. But, I guess you meant something that she's done that YOU have liked.

I've never seen an episode of Friends, so I'm in the dark about her apperance on there.

I've never seen an episode of Friends, so I'm in the dark about her apperance on there.

Well I didn't know about it either untill this past week when I was watching the E! True Hollywood Story on MWC and they updated the parts about what the cast has been doing since to show ended. IE it talked about 8 Simple Rules and Ritter dying, Dragnet ,etc.

Guest Redhawk

Keanu was also in Devil's Advocate, which made him look better than he really is.

And while we're talking about Friends, what about Jennifer Anniston? Her movie roles are nothing special, and you'd think someone so famous would get more movie play, but for some reason she doesn't do many films.

And while we're talking about Friends, what about Jennifer Anniston? Her movie roles are nothing special, and you'd think someone so famous would get more movie play, but for some reason she doesn't do many films.

I guess it's because for along time the cast of Friends movies would always flop big time.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Guys, it's all about direction. A good director can do WONDERS for a mediocre actor.

Don't hate on "Don't Tell Mom, The Babysitter's Dead".

The dishes are done, man.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Don't hate on "Don't Tell Mom, The Babysitter's Dead".

The dishes are done, man.

I didn't know Dont Tell Mom the Babysitters Dead came out in 1998? Because the person said "SINCE MWC" meaing after.

I kid around.

Back to Reeves, he was also awful in Speed, but somehow the movie still owned.

Applegate played Rachel's sister, who wasn't particularly bright and was rather self-centered. So in essence a variant on Kelly Bundy.

Gotta agree with Julia Roberts. I just find her to be a really wooden actress. Keanu... it goes without saying, really.

And here's my own pick: Chris Tucker.

Hmmm I like Chris Tucker, but it's all personal preference.

Well anyway, my pick would Kevin Costner. I never liked the way he acted and how he talked in same damn tone throughout movies and his lines sounded like he was reading straight from cue cards.

Hating aside, I did like him Field of Dreams and A Perfect World.

I gotta say Arnold Schwarzenegger......

Not too much acting was required for Commando, Terminator 1,2,3, PRedator, or Connan.

One thing that annoys the shit out of me for some reason, is why does he always have these caucasion names in these movies, like in Kindergarten Cop he was Richard Kimble, IN running man he was Ben Richards, and in Jingle All the Way he's Howard Langston.......why can't he have a foreign name since he has a pinafully obvious foreign accent. Sorry, just venting

Guest frowned

knew this thread was gonna include Reeves somewhere, as soon as I read the title.

My personal choice for the award goes to Orlando Bloom... he's effeminate and wooden - yet the ladies love him hence why he gets picked for the bigger roles.

Used to hate Leonardo DiCaprio for similar reasons, but I enjoyed him in Catch Me If You Can, so I guess the rule doesn't apply to everyone every time.

Orlando Bloom acted the same in LOTR as he did in Pirates. It was just Legolas on a board. The guy has got to be the most overrated actor going today.

I'm surprised no one has said Ben Affleck. But I guess I understand, he was the bomb in Phantoms.

Has Chris Tucker made any movies other than Rush Hour 1 and 2 and the fifth element in the last 6 years anyway

He was in "Friday" but that was more than six years ago I do believe.

He was also in some movie with Charlie Sheen that I can't remember the title of right now.

I never did like Tom Cruise. He has three moods: anxious, determined and smiling smugly. He is very smart in the roles he chooses and he's done well to build a persona around him that makes him seem cool to guys and sexy to women, when he's really a hack actor and a douchebag.

Has Chris Tucker made any movies other than Rush Hour 1 and 2 and the fifth element in the last 6 years anyway

He was in "Friday" but that was more than six years ago I do believe.

He was also in some movie with Charlie Sheen that I can't remember the title of right now.

Money Talks. That was in 97 though.

I say Al Pacino. He used to be good, but now pretty much all he does is Pacino schtick. He gets by cause of what he used to be.

kirsten dunst and josh hartnett in 'the virgin suicides'. coppola did wonders.

leelee sobieski, who somehow became the "it" girl for three months after ten minutes of screen time and no lines in 'eyes wide shut'. i also find it hilarious that kubrick of all people (who had no clue how to direct actors) could make her seem good.