TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Official Ozzfest lineup announced......

Ok I know there are some who STILL won't like it, but for me this will definately be the best out of the three I have attended(barring any cancellations).

Ozzfest's official web site has inadvertently released (screenshot) what is believed to be the official lineup for this year's festival. It is as follows:

Main Stage:

OZZY OSBOURNE

JUDAS PRIEST

SLAYER

DIMMU BORGIR

SUPERJOINT RITUAL

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY

Second Stage:

SLIPKNOT

HATEBREED

LAMB OF GOD

Rotating:

ATREYU

BLEEDING THROUGH

LACUNA COIL

EVERY TIME I DIE

UNEARTH

GOD FORBID

The press conference to announce the exact lineup for this year's Ozzfest will take place on Friday, February 20 at 11:00 a.m. PST at Avalon (1735 N. Vine Street) in Hollywood, California. :headbang:

If this comes to fruition then it is safe to say that it is going to be up to Slayer to draw the masses. There was some story on cnn about Ozzy saying he might possibly never perform again....so he might be done with Ozzfest, as far as performing, and the next biggest band is Slayer. I suppose Slipknot will draw too, but seriously this could be the BEST OZZFEST ever, and at the same time, be the lowest drawing also. It really depends how much name recognition "OZZFEST" has because I am sure there are people that go every year no matter what.

I don't care if I have to whore myself out for medical experiments to get the money, I'M MAKING THIS SHOW. I made a promise to myself after missing the Slayer tour in 2001 (not the Extreme Steel Tour, the Slayer tour with Hatebreed) that I'd never miss another show Slayer was a part of again.

GO, REAL METAL, GO!

I heard on WAAF that Ozzy would be doing the tour, but he would be bringing a staff of doctors from show to show to monitor how he's doing, and that he'd also have chairs and poles around the stage to use for support.

I'm guessing that he'll start the tour but be unable to finish it. But, as of now, the plan is for him to headline the tour.

Not sure. A quick Google search pointed out that they've had at least one Ozzfest in Vancouver in 1999.

Just out of curiousity, how far away is Seattle from Vancouver?

Not sure. A quick Google search pointed out that they've had at least one Ozzfest in Vancouver in 1999.

Just out of curiousity, how far away is Seattle from Vancouver?

3 hours maybe? Not too far. It's not like I couldn't make the trip...I'd just have to find someone to go with.

Guest Choken One

Since when is Dimmu big enough to get the Main stage?

Every Time I die? Whose this? Laz? NM? AOO?

Good deal, Chick.

ChokenOne, I can answer your question. I get no love in these metal threads. Anyway, Every Time I Die is a thrashcore band that is pretty good. I reccommend them. They are much better than the ultra-trendy hardcore bands From Autumn To Ashes and Shai Halud. They sound like early God Forbid (pre Determination.

Guest Choken One

that's because you haven't made yourself known...and you don't have a memorable name that can be linked to Metal...

I'll take your word for it though...Just sounds like a fucking EMO band.

that's because you haven't made yourself known...and you don't have a memorable name that can be linked to Metal...

There is a differnece between hardcore and emo. Emo is a type of wussy, watered down hardcore. ETID is in your face and intense. The metal community hear would propably like 18 Visions as well.

EDIT: POST 3000~!!!!!!

Wow, this is such a dramatic change from last year. As someone who isn't a fan of hardcore, I just hope a few guys like Crossfade, Flaw, and Drowning Pool wind up being added.

the fuck? ;)

Yeah, Steviekick. Agent's name is based off of a band, part of my name could be a band name (I could have a band called Corey, you never know), Nevermortal sounds like a band name...bitch, you just got a username that is based off of a wrestling move. Change your name to "Steviekick Is Metal," or something.

And yes, snuffbox, I asked myself that same question, since the only remotely "hardcore" bands (as in the style of music) on the lineup are Atreyu and Hatebreed (AKA hardcore for sissies).

ETID are part of that whole crop of hardcore bands that have been popping up lately. Every Time I Die, As I Lay Dying, From Autumn to Ashes, Most Precious Blood, Atreyu, etc. etc.

Nevermortal is just a play on words.

Wow, this is such a dramatic change from last year.  As someone who isn't a fan of hardcore, I just hope a few guys like Crossfade, Flaw, and Drowning Pool wind up being added.

the fuck? ;)

I know Drowing Pool is very simplistic nu-metal, and it's not the best of the pool, but I just picked them out of the few possibilites there are for these type of bands.

Crossfade, who has their album coming out in April on Earshot. Thinking about it farther, they're being promoted as a radio rock band, though there are a few songs from their CD that'd fit in with the Ozzfest crowd, at least last year's.

And Flaw, I can't see how anyone could dislike their shit. Not sure how they are live, but I'll be seeing them twenty days or so from now.

Element Eighty and Twisted Method, by the way, will likely get sidestage slots. Eighty more so than Method, as I heard it from their mouths. Method have apparently mentioned to a couple fans at their shows that they'll be doing the sidestage, but I just spoke to them last week and they didn't make mention of it.

Obviously, different tastes in music. ;)

Wow, this is such a dramatic change from last year.  As someone who isn't a fan of hardcore, I just hope a few guys like Crossfade, Flaw, and Drowning Pool wind up being added.

the fuck? ;)

I know Drowing Pool is very simplistic nu-metal, and it's not the best of the pool, but I just picked them out of the few possibilites there are for these type of bands.

You know their lead singer is dead, right?.....

I am still in shock and half expecting the lineup to be different when announced tomorrow, ok I shouldn't say that, afterall the list was leaked due to the ozzfest homepage having a big graphic with bands names in it.

Guest Choken One

There is a differnece between hardcore and emo. Emo is a type of wussy, watered down hardcore. ETID is in your face and intense. The metal community hear would propably like 18 Visions as well.

EDIT: POST 3000~!!!!!!

I meant the BAND NAME sounds EMO.

Guest Choken One

And Flaw, I can't see how anyone could dislike their shit. Not sure how they are live, but I'll be seeing them twenty days or so from now.

Obviously, different tastes in music. ;)

Well, Dave Williams being dead prevents this..

FLAW is actually FUCKING good live, not great music by any means but the lead singer has great charisma and can carry a crowd...It wouldn't hurt to have at least one Nu-Metal band there and this would be the one from the VERY thin pool of deceny I'd put on the second stage...

You know their lead singer is dead, right?.....

All three of you haven't been paying attention to the news I assume. DP has a new lead singer, and have an album coming out late April/May. They're now (well, in a few weeks) on the Headbanger's Ball tour with Damageplan.

Their new stuff is apparently a lot harder than the first album, but that seems to be how a lot of the nu-metal bands are going.

Good to hear that about Flaw.