TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nevermortal

CM Punk v. Teddy Hart

There was a fight this afternoon between Teddy Hart and CM Punk in Nashville, TN.

According to sources who witnessed the incident, Hart and Punk got into a confrontation at a café the boys can eat for free at near the Fairgrounds where TNA tapes their weekly PPVs. Punk was leaving the restaurant as Hart and his entourage were coming in.

When the two ran into each other, Hart asked Punk if he had a problem with him and to step outside if he did. Punk didn't back down and obliged. Once they got outside, Punk slapped Hart across the face. A short fight took place, which was finally broken up by Sabu, among others. Hart later claimed he was trying to shake Punk's hand which Punk then responded wasn't the case and that he was standing right there if Hart still wanted to do something. I was told at that point Sabu got in the middle of the situation and told everyone to stop, which they did out of respect for his status as a veteran.

According to one person who saw them later on in the locker room, Hart ended up with a fat lip and a bruise on his face, while Punk scraped up his elbow and was bruised "on his forehead." TNA management spoke to everyone involved and basically warned them that it was not to happen again or people would lose their jobs.

Hart and Punk have legitimate heat stemming back to 11/1 at the Ring of Honor event in Elizabeth, New Jersey where Hart was excommunicated from the ROH locker room for post-match antics that put the boys at risk and disrespected them. When Hart, who Hart has been trying to portray himself as a Brian Pillman-esque character in the wake of the initial ROH incident, later blamed some of the issues on several ROH wrestlers including AJ Styles, Punk, and Steve Corino, the normally private Punk spoke out.

Punk went on a brutal tirade on his website's 11/12/03 Live Journal entry. Punk took Hart to task for his actions and comments, as well as Hart's claim that he was doing moonsaults after the ROH match in memory of his late Uncle Owen Hart. Hart responded in another radio appearance by claiming Punk was a drug user, which as you can imagine from Punk's straightedge beliefs, was a tremendous insult and did nothing but heighten the heat between the two. Today marked the first time Punk and Hart had crossed paths since the ROH incident and subsequent exchanges.

There is already an exaggerated version of the story making the rounds that Teddy Hart tried to shake CM Punk's hand in the locker room of the Fairgrounds only to be slapped in the face by Punk, which led to a fight between the two. According to several I have spoken to, that is absolutely factually incorrect.

As irony would have it, Ring of Honor announced last week that Hart would be making his return to the promotion at their 3/13 event in Elizabeth, New Jersey. Punk is also booked on that show.

PWinsider.com

Finally....someone slapped some sense into Teddy.

Now if only everyone in the crowd knew...and when Teddy comes out for his match with his fat lip they could chant "You got Punk'd" or something like that.

Of course...I find one part of this story hard to believe.

For this story to be factual...Sabu would have to show up for a show on time.

Guest Banders Kennany

This is a very cool incident, I am glad to among the first to know about it.

I hope RoH can get Teddy to stop being a dick for long enough to do a Punk/Hart match without honor.

Who wouldn't pay to see Punk beat Hart?

What I like most about this story is that it just shows what kind of a man Punk is. He slapped him completely based on the conviction of his beliefs (IE: What he wrote about Hart).

*Stands on table in shinny yellow shirt*

Go Punk Go!

I hope RoH can get Teddy to stop being a dick for long enough to do a Punk/Hart match without honor.

Who wouldn't pay to see Punk beat Hart?

JAPW is actually banking on that principle to draw for their show on saturday which features Homicide fighting Teddy.

Guest The Notorious CRD

If it weren't for Teddy's talent--and let's face it, he does have talent--he'd probably be excommunicated from wrestling by now. Although talent can't make up for that attitude forever.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

C.M. Punk has become my new god. (throws away Patrick Ewing shrine) Bitching slapping Teddy Hart = automatic shooting up (no pun intendeD) to #1 favorite in my books.

If it weren't for Teddy's talent--and let's face it, he does have talent--he'd probably be excommunicated from wrestling by now. Although talent can't make up for that attitude forever.

Yeah, smell those backflips! Hart sucks.

Go Punk Go.

BITCHES, COME OVER HERE AND SHOW COLT CABANA YOUR TITTIES!

On a serious note, here's to CM Punk kicking this little shithead out of wrestling forever sometime in the near future.

Hopefully at the 3/13 ROH show, where if this stuff happens, it'll be Teddy getting the boot.

Most likely a Samoa Joe boot.

And with that, I am now truly a CM Punk fan.

He did what he proclaimed he'd do. I have a ton of respect for him for doing so.

Also bps, actually it was at a cafe, not the actual show. Since it is food, Sabu would be there on time. After all, it's free food.

Guest Salacious Crumb

So when are people going to just give up on the cancer that is Teddy Hart? I mean what's the point of a guy as expensive as him if 90% of the lockerroom hates him.

Also another reason to hate Sabu.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Teddy Hart is a disgrace to the Hart Family.

I hope I read about how someone kicks his ass at ROH, legit.

It wouldn't be to hard to imagine. I just hope to god the cops who come AREN'T RoH Fans.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
WORK.

If it were a work...wouldn't TNA have tried to...you know...mention it?

Wouldn't that be accusing Dutch of having a brain?

Back to being serious, that's what I was thinking. Usually works of INDY WORKERS are usually filmed or discussed on the show.

The whole Teddy Hart and RoH is a work, yet it has been played out everywhere BUT in RoH's actual domain.

Maybe TNA saw a brilliance in what RoH is doing, and decided to do it as well?

...no, that means Dutch can scheme, and that Punk would jump at the opportunity to stiff that slap on Hart.

Ok, at least half of that actually would make sense.

Seriously though, I could only see this as a work, if TNA does a whole storyline from it. Right now, I'll take it as is.

Edited by Lightning Flik

Because god knows, there haven't been any embarassing members in that family up till now.

I figure that IS going to happen sooner or later. Someone's going to get fed up and give him the Holly treatment.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Because god knows, there haven't been any embarassing members in that family up till now.

I figure that IS going to happen sooner or later. Someone's going to get fed up and give him the Holly treatment.

Name one Hart that's an embarrasment.

Davey Boy Smith doesn't count, niether does Jim Niedhart. (Since they were Brothers-in-law I say that)

Update from 1wrestling:

According to a first-hand account, the incident between CM Punk and Teddy Hart started as Punk was leaving the White Trash Cafe, where the wrestlers eat prior to the show, and Hart was entering. Hart chest bumped Punk, to which Punk responded by telling Hart to knock it off and to wipe the smile off his face. Hart asked him to step outside, which Punk did. When they were outside, Hart raised his hand gang style and Punk slapped him. Hart began crying and swung at Punk who kneed him to the gut. As Sabu tried to intervene, Hart grabbed Punk's hair and punched him in the forehead. Punk knee-barred Hart to the ground. Sabu was able to break it up. As Hart got up, he explained that all he was trying to do was shake Punk's hand.

As reported earlier, both men were talked to by TNA management. This is the first known incident of this type in the TNA locker room, which by all accounts is one of the most positive in the business. It is understood by all that nothing of this nature is tolerated and is grounds for the termination.

While this is the first published report of CM Punk being involved in such an incident, it is nothing new for Hart, who continues to make a name for himself as a trouble-maker. Hart, as you recall, was unceremoniously ejected from the Ring of Honor locker room at their November 12th show for taking liberties in the ring with other wrestlers and the show itself. Interestingly enough, he has managed to make his way back onto their roster, at least for the time being. Hart all along has claimed that he is being groomed for a WWE contract. Most in the industy doubt the validity of this claim, as it is well-known that such behavior is not tolerated by anyone in the WWE.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Just look at Zach Gowen. Apparently backstage he thought he was hot-shit and was being a jackass with a giant ego. Where is he now?

Doing Indy Shows after a 1 yr contract that had him do a few minor storylines along with a series of long periods away.

And wasn't Hart RELEASED from a Development Contract for being an egotisitcal ass?

Guest TDinDC1112

Davey Boy Smith doesn't count, niether does Jim Niedhart. (Since they were Brothers-in-law I say that)

Read Martha Hart's book.

Read Martha Hart's book.

In a similar vein, didn't Diana Hart have a book that was just full of crap, as well as falsely accusing Davey Boy of hitting her?