TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Kane vs Undertaker

The WWE seems to have dug themselves a hole with this match. On one hand Kane would benefit greatly from beating Undertaker, and snapping his WM winning streak. However it seems unlikely Undertaker will lose his first match back. Any chance Kane wins or does maybe this entire Kane/Undertaker storyline finally end?

Guest KJ Brackish

I'm 50/50 on this as well. I can't provide much insight, but I'm gonna mark like a little bitch, just to see him as his old-self. That is, unless they swerve. If they do that, I'll be a mad little smark.

DFA

Kane will never be a draw in the WWE. They fucked up their last chance last year. Save the Taker job for WM XXI to a young star with a future. In other words, Cena should win the rubber match at WM XXI.

They screwed up Kane by having him kill everyone week after week, only to get the shit kicked out of him by Shane every week on Raw.

I imagine Taker will go over, Kane will do a post match beatdown, maybe 3-4 Tombstones, JR will go on about how the dead man has never gotten a beating like this (AGAIN!), and when Kane's at the top of the ramp Taker will sit up...a frightened Kane will look shocked and run to the back

I imagine Taker will go over, Kane will do a post match beatdown, maybe 3-4 Tombstones, JR will go on about how the dead man has never gotten a beating like this (AGAIN!), and when Kane's at the top of the ramp Taker will sit up...a frightened Kane will look shocked and run to the back

That sounds a lot like Kamala vs. The Undertaker at Summerslam in 92'. Taker has to go over IMO. The streak. Enough said.

Guest thebigjig

The problem... is that if Kane goes over, it will let all of the air out of the MSG crowd.... it would be stupid to not have Taker go over here

Guest Goodear

Kane's dead. They sunk that ship with the crappy Shane McMahon feud that just wouldn't end when it should have been blown off in two weeks (the forerunner to Brock/ Holly in the 'WILL THIS END DAMNIT' catagory). Undertaker should and will win despite the fact that people keep talking about him retiring ... oh for the last three years now.

Have taker destroy Kane once and for all, the gimmick is done. Have Glen Jacobs go to the new ECW and see what Heyman can do for him, he could be a good Mike Awesome character. Jacobs does not use his hands to protect chairshots, I respect that, he would fit in well in ECW.

A few things will happen I think.

1) Kane will look strong in the match for part of it.

2) Taker will win the match, after destroying Kane at the end.

3) Taker will either put Kane in a casket or something else like that, and take him to the back.

4) This will all lead to Kane once again joining up with Taker. The entire idea will be that Taker returned to do this to Kane, for his well being. To re-ignite the true monster that is deep down in Kane's being.

5) While it will not happen at WMXX, or any WrestleMania, this entire thing will end up with Kane finally putting Taker away for good. Have it be at this years Survivor Series (not likely at all), or next years Series or SummerSlam. Taker "returned from the dead" to re-ignite the fire in Kane, and in the end before it's all said and done it will backfire on Taker. He'll have created a monster that not even he can contain.

Obviously the match at WM has everything to do with revenge, but I still think it also will have something to do with Taker bringing out the monster in Kane, by beating him and taking him away.

Guest Goodear

This will all lead to Kane once again joining up with Taker. The entire idea will be that Taker returned to do this to Kane, for his well being. To re-ignite the true monster that is deep down in Kane's being.

Where are you pulling that from? First off, Kane has never been such a one dimensional monster as he is right now since his debut and even then he had some layers as a 'vengeance' character that was being manipulated into everythign by Paul Bearer. How much more of a monster can they make Kane? Will he be stomping on puppies? The whole point of the Dead Man's return was that Kane became too much of a monster and Undertaker had to go back on his roots to combat the menace.

What menace? Kane is a pussy beast twat rock compared to how he used to be years ago. Right now Kane is "just a big guy", nothing more.

He hasn't been a monster since the RVD/JR crap, and all of that is stuff that I'd rather forget about since it was so bad. Before his mask came off he was Austins bitch basicly. He was absolutely dominated by Shane McMahon for months, when he finally did beat him it was in a hell of a weak match. He tried to go after HHH/Goldberg for the title, but he was too much of a pussy to even get that done the right way. At the Rumble he was made out as nothing more than a moron by being eliminated by Booker T of all people just because of some Taker music. He's a frightened little moron.

In recent weeks his actions have comprised of beating up Jericho and "hurting" his knee. It's just all pointless, HHH has been more of a monster than this monster. Angle has been more of a monster. Randy Orton has been more of a monster. Just about every heel on the roster has been more of a monster than Kane.

Why not end the fucking streak? It has to be ended sometime. Besides who will be around in 5 years? Kane. It's time for Taker to start doing some jobs and getting his replacements over. None of this "Well if they want it they have to take it!" shit. What's he want people to do? Find out they're booked to job to him and then shoot on him and pin his old ass!?

Guest JMA

I'm also pro-Kane in this situation. Everyone (marks mostly) expect Kane to lose to the returning Undertaker. Having Kane win (and win decisively) will put them into a state of "shock and awe." If Kane beats Deadman Undertaker in a relatively clean fashion, the damage done by the Shane feud will all but vanish.

Guest Goodear

Or... ORRRR... everyone ask what the fuck was the point of the months of wacky crap. Kane winning would be like bringing Hulk Hogan back and having him job to The Big Show his first day back. You kill all the momentum of the return and get people pissed because they wanted to see the returning figure do his thing and win. Even if they put Kane over, he doesn't have the momentum going in to make the most of it. It's going from 0 to 60 in two seconds and that has yet to work in wrestling history as far as I can remember.

Guest JMA
Or... ORRRR... everyone ask what the fuck was the point of the months of wacky crap. Kane winning would be like bringing Hulk Hogan back and having him job to The Big Show his first day back. You kill all the momentum of the return and get people pissed because they wanted to see the returning figure do his thing and win. Even if they put Kane over, he doesn't have the momentum going in to make the most of it. It's going from 0 to 60 in two seconds and that has yet to work in wrestling history as far as I can remember.

Ah, but if Undertaker wins Kane will be horribly buried (pun not intended). Kane has been made to look like a complete and total wuss ever since the "supernatural" stuff started happening. The ONLY time he ever one-upped the Undertaker was during the start of this "new" feud, when Kane buried him alive.

Of course, none of this matters since Taker WILL be winning the match (IMO).

Guest thebigjig

would it be too much to hope for a Taker retirement soon? I mean, the only reason he's coming back as the deadman is because he wanted "one last run..." hopefully all of this will payoff at Mania 21 where he puts someone over and gets the hell off my tv

Guest Gendo

I see it as Taker is gonna win. To take heat off of Kane losing they will have Pete Rose interfere and cost Kane the match or something equally bad.

Do we have to endure an entire year of Old School 'Taker? Can't someone just retire him at Survivor Series, the PPV where he debuted? I'm getting a little (read: extremely) tired of the recent theatrics and cheap carny tricks involved in this feud. Let the dead stay buried.

This will be Rock vs Booker Summerslam part 2.

Taker will win just because it's his big gimmick comeback match and it'll make the people happy. But I do think they'll make Kane look good.

WWE= The Easy Way Out

I wanted them to do this 2 years ago with Brock... and I would have had Brock retire his ass at SurSer... because that would have put Brock over fucking huge had he done so.

Even Kane would retire Taker in November...it wouldn't mean much to Kane because the Big Red Machine came back 7 years ago to try and take Taker out...and he hasn't done it yet. I mean, that was basically the ENTIRE point of Kane coming back was to get at Taker and finish him off...the mind games, everything... was to take him out. And it's taken him SEVEN FUCKING YEARS.

I'm happy with it ending at SurSer.

would it be too much to hope for a Taker retirement soon?

Why would he bother. He takes 2-3 months off at a time. He'll probably be gone after SummerSlam. Only to return at Survivor Series, or Royale Rumble.

Has anyone noticed......

No where on their site or during the show have they mentioned Kane is facing Undertaker in a match?

Has anyone noticed......

No where on their site or during the show have they mentioned Kane is facing Undertaker in a match?

It's pretty hard for someone "dead" to sign a contract.

Guest Goodear

Has anyone else noticed this obsession with getitng the Undertaker to retire? Folks, as long as Ric Flair is still limping around and sucking ass, stop wondering about Taker. One thing at a time.