TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

New School Question Thread

Guest Redhawk

When did Coach and Cole first appear on WWF TV?

When did Al Snow drop the Head thing? Or does he still carry it around? (I haven't watched Heat in forever.)

What was the whole story behind Perry Saturn stiffing some jobber a while back? I remember hearing bits and pieces of it, then I read that he was punished for it with two pretty brutal powerbombs via APA.

What was the whole story behind Perry Saturn stiffing some jobber a while back? I remember hearing bits and pieces of it, then I read that he was punished for it with two pretty brutal powerbombs via APA.

I'm pretty sure the jobber botched a couple moves, and may have mistakenly stiffed Saturn, so Saturn just snapped and pretty much beat the shit out of him.

When did Coach and Cole first appear on WWF TV?

Not totally sure about Coach (sometime in late 99/early 2000) but Cole got started in late July/early August 97 hosting Shotgun Challenge I think. I remember when I went to a Raw in Atlantic City that August, I ran into him before the show...he was just walking down the boardwalk plain as day and most people didn't even recognize him because he'd just got started.

When did Al Snow drop the Head thing? Or does he still carry it around? (I haven't watched Heat in forever.)

I think he stopped using it when he became the host of Tough Enough.

1) What was the story behind the 4-corners title match (Rock/Benoit/Kane/Taker) at Unforgiven 2000? (If any)

2) Which WWF shows from 1999-2001 were released on DVD?

Guest MikeSC
1) What was the story behind the 4-corners title match (Rock/Benoit/Kane/Taker) at Unforgiven 2000? (If any)

2) Which WWF shows from 1999-2001 were released on DVD?

1) There really wasn't a story. Kane and Benoit were part of Shane's short-lived stable (with E & C) and Rock & Undertaker hated them --- so they had a 4 corners match for the belt.

2) Umm, WM XV and SummerSlam 99 were released. Rumble 2000, WM2K, KOTR 2K, SS 2K, and Survivor Series 2K were released. The only 2001 show NOT released on DVD was No Way Out. All of the others were released (Chyna popping out of her outfit at JD was kept in all of its "glory")

-=Mike

1.) When did Kurt Angle start using the Ankle Lock as his other finisher?

2.) What led to the Angle / Benoit match at WM 17?

When did Kurt Angle start using the Ankle Lock as his other finisher?

He began using it on the Rock just prior to No Way Out 01 and has been using it ever since.

2.) What led to the Angle / Benoit match at WM 17?

If my memory was correct Angle was bitching about not having a match at WrestleMania 17 and since Benoit didnt have a match either he came out and told Angle that, well he didnt have a match either, the rest as they say is history. I believe the real reason behind is was also just that, neither Benoit or Angle had a match so they just threw them together in a fued one or two weeks later, And it wouldnt be the last time they did that, they also did it for last years best match (In my opinion) at the royal Rumble 2003.

Benoit/Angle was a good match, but I'm still wondering why they decided to go with that when Benoit had beef with Guerrero after his split from the Radicalz.

Did they ever blow off Benoit's feud with Eddie/the Radicalz in 01, or did they just forget about it?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
When did Kurt Angle start using the Ankle Lock as his other finisher?

He began using it on the Rock just prior to No Way Out 01 and has been using it ever since.

He actually used it a few weeks earlier when he broke Scotty Too Hotty's ankle with it, but the time frame is accurate enough.

As for the Radicalz thing, I think it was just put on hold and no one remembered, since Eddie kinda turned face and joined the Hardyz out of nowhere, and Benoit was getting a main event push.

Question:

I'm not sure if it was already asked, but what injury did Taker have in 99 that forced him out from September 99-May 00?

The only 2001 show NOT released on DVD was No Way Out.

That pissed me off so much.

Question:

I'm not sure if it was already asked, but what injury did Taker have in 99 that forced him out from September 99-May 00?

I think it was a groin injury.

Question:

I think it was a groin injury.

I think it was a hip injury actually. And I remember hearing that he was supposed to return around Rumble or No Way Out 2000, but he tore either his bicep or tricep while training and had to sit out a little longer.

This question just popped into my head after reading the last few posts.

I seem to remember reading once that both of Undertakers hips are artifical, I'm sure that can't be right but could someone just answer if it's true or not?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I'd say false because ...I don't know. He takes a lot of bumps and landing wrong would probably be a little hard on it. But I have no clue, and never even heard of the rumor. Answer anyone?

I have a good one (but not really)...How did Eddie Guerrero turn face in 2000? Was it a must because he was too popular with the crowd, or did it gradually happen.

The WWF gave him the very popular Chyna to manage/be his love interest, in a way to help build him up as a solid mid-card face.

WM 2000 - HEEL, started "Latino Heat" phase.

Raw after - Chyna turns on Jericho, helps Eddie win European Title

In the next weeks, Essa Rios and Lita became jealous of the two being the new sexiest couple, and a brief feud started. Guerrero and Chyna made pretty quick work of them, with the feud ending at Backlash 2000, where Guerrero defeated Rios.

It was basically a way to break Eddie away from Malenko (who just didn't have it on the microphone and size-wise with the midcarders, in WWF's opinion), and Saturn, who the fans just didn't take to.

They went on to actually have a 3-way with Eddie, Saturn and Malenko at the next PPV, Judgment Day, which Eddie won.

They continued the love triangle untiLe ddie started cheating and doing heelish things, and Chyna's "heart was torn", including her getting her ass kicked trying to save Eddie's IC title reign (successfully, too) at Unforgiven 2000 in a match against Rikishi.

Chyna finally caught Eddie in the shower with two of the Godfather's Ho's (one of which was then-developmental talent VICTORIA) and Eddie was revealed to be a snake.

He then turned heel and joined back up with The Radicalz.

***1) What was the story behind the 4-corners title match (Rock/Benoit/Kane/Taker) at Unforgiven 2000? (If any)***

Rock/Kane/Taker had beef over the title stemming back to King of the Ring 2000, when they were at odds on the same team trying to win the title in the main event.

Rock/Benoit has previously feuded in July.

Rock/Taker battled Benoit/Kane in tag matches before Unforgiven on Raw.

Kane/Taker had just begun feuding. It was supposed to be Big Show/Taker feuding, and Kane was a FACE. But Show was sent to OVW to lose weight, and they hotshotted a lame Kane heel turn, attacking Taker. Kane/Taker didn't get settled at SummerSlam.

Taker (a face) let Rock know of his intentions with a Last Ride Powerbomb on Raw, as well!

Benoit had just taken care of Jericho at SummerSlam, and HHH/Angle had their own issue, so they threw in the unproven main event draws of Benoit and kane TOGETHER to draw a better buyrate.

TECHNICALLY (some Goldberg loss research)...

Vince Russo defeated Goldberg (and various others) in a cage match to win the WCW World Heavyweight Title after Goldberg speared Russo through the cage door and he was declared the victor.

Has Shawn Michaels lost in a singles match clean since his 2002 in-ring return yet?

Benoit/Angle was a good match, but I'm still wondering why they decided to go with that when Benoit had beef with Guerrero after his split from the Radicalz.

Did they ever blow off Benoit's feud with Eddie/the Radicalz in 01, or did they just forget about it?

I remember Benoit going through the Radicalz one by one on Raw in early 2001 and expecting him to get Eddie at WMX-7 and being disappointed when he beat Eddie clean on Raw. The match came out of the blue, too. I was pumped for a classic at WrestleMania. Ah, well, you can't beat Angle/Benoit.

What were Tajiri and Shelton's last matches on the SD brand before the RAW jumps?

Has Shawn Michaels lost in a singles match clean since his 2002 in-ring return yet?

No, but honestly that's a narrow field of work to look for. Since 2002, most of his work has been limited to tag-team or gimmick matches.

What were Tajiri and Shelton's last matches on the SD brand before the RAW jumps?

March 11th, 2004.

--Funaki, Kidman and Ultimo Dragon defeated Akio, Sakoda, Tajiri, and Jamie Noble.

March 18th, 2004.

--Shelton Benjamin defeated Charlie Haas.

--Shelton Benjamin defeated Billy Gunn.

--Rey Mysterio defeated Shelton Benjamin.

***1) What was the story behind the 4-corners title match (Rock/Benoit/Kane/Taker) at Unforgiven 2000? (If any)***

Rock/Kane/Taker had beef over the title stemming back to King of the Ring 2000, when they were at odds on the same team trying to win the title in the main event.

Rock/Benoit has previously feuded in July.

Rock/Taker battled Benoit/Kane in tag matches before Unforgiven on Raw.

Kane/Taker had just begun feuding. It was supposed to be Big Show/Taker feuding, and Kane was a FACE. But Show was sent to OVW to lose weight, and they hotshotted a lame Kane heel turn, attacking Taker. Kane/Taker didn't get settled at SummerSlam.

Taker (a face) let Rock know of his intentions with a Last Ride Powerbomb on Raw, as well!

Benoit had just taken care of Jericho at SummerSlam, and HHH/Angle had their own issue, so they threw in the unproven main event draws of Benoit and kane TOGETHER to draw a better buyrate.

They did an angle to build up to it where Benoit, Kane, and Taker went against each other in various combinations to determine a number one contender, but since all of the matches ended in DQ instead of pinfall or submission, Commissioner Mick Foley gave all of them the title shot.

TECHNICALLY (some Goldberg loss research)...

Vince Russo defeated Goldberg (and various others) in a cage match to win the WCW World Heavyweight Title after Goldberg speared Russo through the cage door and he was declared the victor.

That was against Booker T. Goldberg came out while Booker stood inside the cage like an idiot while Russo was speared to the outside and won the belt.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
What was the last WWE PPV where nobody bled?

I don't think anyone bladed at Armageddon last year, but maybe HHH did since he's only likely candidate in a bladeable match.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

I was just about to ask a question regarding Armageddon '02...

Just rewatching the DVD last night. More specifically, Michaels/Triple H. More specifically, Michaels has just jumped off the Ladder in the Ladder match, but was canvassed, followed by a Triple H Pedigree.

The crowd on camera all start looking to their left, chanting "Rocky!"

Was The Rock at the event?