TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

AAA vs Japan Cancelled

Maybe Birchill? I know he's a big guy, but the X-Division is about style, not weight limits. And although I've never seen him myself, James Tighe was getting hyped as the new Paul London and got a did some work in OVW last year, so he might get a chance.

I'm thinking they'll probably use: Jonny Storm, Burchill who is so much fun to watch, he can do a Standing shooting star press, standing moonsault, standing one man spanish fly, and the guy is 6' something and at least 250 lbs I think. Nigel McGuiness is another possibility as he's already in the country, and maybe Doug Williams.

Guest bort

TNA had to cancel AAA vs Japan, they only know 1 dude from japan and thats Noswa

Team Europe will end up being Johnny Storm, Nigle, Doug Williams and Someone like Flash Barker

I don't think it will be Flash as he's still recovering from knee surgery i believe.

This could be interesting because I've seen highlights of Jonny Storm vs. Juventud Guerrera from XPW and as a spotfest it was great, so hopefully they'll face off in one of the first matches.

Guest OSIcon

Wonder who open they will be to flying people in and/or if those wrestlers will be avaliable on such late notice.

Nigel McGuiness is the only European wrestler I can think of off the top my head who is in the US. I am sure there are others, but how good they are is anyone's guess. Nigel doesn't really fit the X-Division mold either, though could still work fine for his matches.

If they are flying people in, Johnny Storm is a no brainer. James Tighe would be a good idea because he is a real solid worker and has some good flying moves to compliment it.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I must be the only person who wasn't too impressed with Jonny Storms TNA stuff. Maybe it's his look.

It would be interesting if TNA tried getting other Mexico promotions like CMLL to compete and do a AAA vs. CMLL X Cup. (I hope I got the initals right)

It's not that we love Storm...it's just that he's the only British guy TNA has used...and was the Great Britain representative in the Super X cup tournament.

So far...all of the people from the foreign brackets have been the captains of their teams (Juvi- AAA) (Teddy Hart- Canada) (Nosawa- Japan in the 3-3 match a couple weeks ago).

I'd imagine they'll have either Doug Williams or Nigel McGuinness. Seeing as in the X Division they'll be reduced to hitting lots of matwork spots - and thats what both guys do, then it wouldn't make sense to have both of them.

Tighe could work - but again, he's not a spot worker and his spots are less impressive than London.

Birchill is quite likely - except I'm not entirely sure if he's open to US bookings yet given that he hasn't had any at all so far.

Seeing as they said Europe i'd imagine they'd have at least one non-brit. Theres a german flyer called X-Dream who would work really well but given his complete lack of exposure the name probably hasn't crossed their minds.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Seeing as they said Europe i'd imagine they'd have at least one non-brit. Theres a german flyer called X-Dream who would work really well but given his complete lack of exposure the name probably hasn't crossed their minds.

Who?! Seriously, I don't even recognize the name. I was the same way for half of Team Canada, and was a bit disapointed, especially with the looks of most of them. Jack Evans can easily be described by his look as a "flashy backyard wrestler with no real move set. Just spot spot spot"

If this one doesn't fall through I'll expect to see Storm (because he's the only one they've worked with before) and McGuinness (because he's in the country I think). The other two will be a crapshoot as TNA calls every indy promotion asking for British guys. Odds are we'll get Chad Collyer and Matt Stryker doing British accents. Which I am totally fine with by the way.

Jonny Storm has never been impressive in TNA. I liked his match against Fleisch in RoH, though.

He's mainly listed because he's the only British person who works the X Division now and then.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Jodi Fleisch would have been perfect for this, if he wasn't a half-cripple at this point.

Is he really half crippled? I've never heard of this......

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

From Frontiers of Honor, I was very impressed with Birchall and Tighe, so I'd like to see them in this. Storm is the obvious pick for the stated reasons.

Doug Williams did a TNA dark match a while ago and didn't get over at all, so I don't know if he'll get asked to do it. Nigel McGuinness, while I'm a big fan, doesn't fit the X Division at all -I've never seen him ever do a move off the top rope.

If they could get Harry Smith, they could play up his Brit heritage even though he's really from Canada.

To the dude who suggested Chad Collyer doing a Brit accent...oh dear god no. I've had more than my fill of Chad Collyer matches in one lifetime.

Edited by DuskTillDawn

This is good news, I wasn't looking forward to Mexico vs Japan based on the past quality of Japanese wrestlers to appear in TNA.

I'd kind of rather see a AAA vs TNA rematch, with TNA winning it.

Storm's had some solid matches in FWA.

dynamite...Fleisch had to retire early this year I think. Can't remember what it was, but he had an injury which kept screwing him up to the point he couldn't continue on. May have been his arm or hand, but don't hold me to that.

If they've got the money, they MUST bring Burchill and Williams over for this. Pretty much the two biggest European guys around. Plus I guess they could use Tony Mamaluke and say he's Italian.

Guest ToddRoyal

From the TNA Website:

Team United Kingdom (UK) will consist of Head Coach David Taylor, along with Team Captain James Mason and members Robbie Dynamite, Frankie Sloan and “Xtreme” Dean Allmark.

Well...I've heard of David Taylor.

From the TNA Website:

Team United Kingdom (UK) will consist of Head Coach David Taylor, along with Team Captain James Mason and members Robbie Dynamite, Frankie Sloan and “Xtreme” Dean Allmark.

Well...I've heard of David Taylor.

I kind of like how every 4 weeks TNA just throws out these unknown names. It's like watching an indy show. Anybody have info on these guys?

I've seen Frankie Sloan live tagging with Jonny Storm in Leamington and he was OK. Apparently he often tags with Robbie Brookside (the guy on the right of the photo in the profile who looks like the tramp version of Edge). Mason is supposed to be decent, but I've not heard much about Allmark and Dynamite. Don't give our team much chance of victory, but hopefully they wont suck.

Guest bort

hmm this is a joke right?

They would Have gotten more buys with Matt Striker and Chad doing accents

I know. This is going to be the least bought X Cup show ever. Noone cares about UK wrestlers, except people in the UK and they can't even order the ppv so what is the point?