TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
janusd

Teh Lockdown Commentzors!

NEW NEW NEW NEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS HOLY SHIT I CAN'T BELIEVE IT AHHHHHHH!!!!! *falls over dead* :ph34r:

Ahem. A nice show, folks. Definitely the biggest in a while, with the IL/Toxxic mess definitely taking the spotlight, at least in my eyes. G0R0 makes an appearance to eat those dastardly no-showers, Dace will never live down being beaten by Clark, and Grappler retains.

AND AECAS AND I ARE THE NEW TAG TEAM CHAMPS BAYBEE! AWWWW YEAH! :headbang:

Comment on the show. And discuss.

Todd wins! Man, I am so delighted at that.

And Alan...damn man, way to put our feud through the roof. I'm not sure what you're planning for your character, but whatever it is it looks awesome. Kudos.

And...to everyone else who won, well done and stuff...HOLT report to come, I promise.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRINITY!!! Holy shit, Janus & Aecas = awesome.

I'll comment on everything else when I actually have time to read the show. Hooray for Spring Break finally coming up~

Yay for winning. Hopefully a win straight up and the US Title can keep me motivated to keep showing up for a streak longer than 2, which has been the most i've managed my last few failed comebacks. I at least had fun writing for Lockdown, so maybe the 54368th time will finally be the charm.

I suppose now that i'm back i should start reading the shows again, from the little i've seen it looks to be good stuff all over.

Ahahaha.

Ahahahahahahaha!

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!

YYEEEEEEESSSSSSS!

Word to the new tag champs.

HAIL! to the new Tag Champions, and all of that.

I'm actually quite surprised I got the W here, and I'm glad you actually liked the ending, Landon...as I wanted to find some way to through the feud in without having us have two much physical contact (other than you beating me up a bit)

Also I didn't really want Funyon to give Bloodshed a proper entrance or exit...so I didn't want him mentioning the name. So having you knock him down en route to beating me up seemed like a viable option.

Guest Aecas

Well MVS against Edward heralded the return of G0R0 Which is always good.

Me and Janus beat W&D. Dace was kind enough to send me word of that while I was at work and nearly gave me a coronary. I'll be honest I say that i really didn;t think we were going to win this, but we did so go us :headbang:

Taamo picked up another victory over Annie with his usual goodness so props to ya as well.

Stryke WON. Hell of a way to make a comeback mate.

Todd defeats Duran in an absolutely cracking match, very well done to you.

Clark defeated Dace, sure as hell wasn;t expecting that but fucking well done to you Alan.

Grapplah put on yet another strong showing. Do we expect any less?

And finally BIG props to Toxxic for retaining his belt in that unique and very enjoyable match. KICKWHAMSTUNNER baby!

Well MVS against Edward heralded the return of G0R0 Which is always good.

No. No it isn't. You are telling me that neither guy could spend the four minutes it would have taken to write a two sentence something to show that they give a flying fuck about the show and the Fed in general?

This pisses me off and I am tired of being kind about it. In my creer, and I am willing to bet that my schedule was at least as hectic as any of yours, I never had a double no-show. If I no-showed, I made sure my opponent was showing. If he couldn't, I wrote as much as I could so there was something there.

Christ! This not only shows a lack of consideration for CC but for the Fed as a whole. I'm not asking for masterworks guys. Just some freaking words...

Guest Aecas

Hmmm when you put it like that.

Sorry mate didn;t mean to get you riled up.

The WC/MVS promo was excellent, and I'm shocked to see the Quadrinity take the tag straps. W&D have been not only dominant but really putting out the quality for an extended period of time. I don't think they got the same credit as J&R simply because there wasn't as much bashing over the head as J&R got thanks to being part of the M7 and thus worked into a bunch of promos, but W&D is an incredible tag team. I also think it's unfortunate that a lot of people have the attitude of "WC carried Johnny," because it just doesn't work that way.

Okay, Frost carried me. But that's the exception, not the rule. ;)

I'll try to comment more later on.

No.  No it isn't.  You are telling me that neither guy could spend the four minutes it would have taken to write a two sentence something to show that they give a flying fuck about the show and the Fed in general?

This pisses me off and I am tired of being kind about it.  In my creer, and I am willing to bet that my schedule was at least as hectic as any of yours, I never had a double no-show.  If I no-showed, I made sure my opponent was showing.  If he couldn't, I wrote as much as I could so there was something there.

Christ!  This not only shows a lack of consideration for CC but for the Fed as a whole.  I'm not asking for masterworks guys.  Just some freaking words...

If I only write those two sentences I'll never get a match in, because that would be all I could do. This isn't easy for me, Grand Slam. I'm not you guys where I can just punch all this stuff out in two to three hours and have something credible. You guys do this all the time. Me, I haven't done this stuff in like a long time. It's like I'm trying to climb a very steep hill. It's been so long, that it feels climbing a mountain. It's hard, it's not easy, and I'm not doing very well at it. I still want to do it though, even though I'm not succeeding very well. I want to have something that's pretty good, that I feel comfortable with, and that sparks it for me.

I was going to ask for some help, seeing as I am having troubles, but on second thought, I won't. Simply because you are right, Grand Slam. I am being inconsiderate to you guys. You guys who do this dependably and effortlessly, and for me to interrupt that would make you guys undependable, interrupt your own lives and that isn't a good thing. I'll just do this on my own, since I don't actually have a life to interrupt it, and make sure that from now till April 5th's deadline, you've got something.

I don't have anything on April 5th, I forget about ever bothering about writing again and just go back to my life were I'm just a twenty year old kid, who's got nothing ahead of him since he failed school, he can't get a job that doesn't end up being nothing more than "stock boy" even though he's more than qualified than to be a manager due to his services with his former job at Blockbusters, and oh yes, let's not forget his family can barely get through the bills with him not having a full-time $7 an hour job that almost always ends up with himself being "Mr. Dependable-To-Save-Our-Sorry-Asses" and then proceedingly having to quit the job, since this means he is always on call and he never gets time to correct that life or try to get it straightened out to something where he's not wondering in the middle of the night what the hell got him to hit rock bottom and just how is he going to get himself out of it; just wishing there was someone to help him when no one will.

...this would be one of those times, I'd wish I'd proceedingly get myself drunk right about now. Yah, I could delete that above paragraph and just not spit out my problems in my life. But I'm not like that. What I type, I say. If I say, I can't delete it. Hence why it is still there, even though I really don't want it to be.

Regardless of getting that off my chest, April 5th you will get something, or I will leave and never do anything regarding writing again which means bye-bye SWF. Simple as that. Win-win situation for you guys.

I'll do actual commentation of the show later, provided I get myself feeling better.

Flik... I am sorry to hear that things are not going well in your life. I really, truly am. In that light, I am sorry that my above rant was as harsh as it was. I didn;t want to make anyone feel like it was a "write-or-die" situation.

Besides, it takes two people to make a 2x no-show and MVS is as much to blame as you are.

Look... don't feel like I want to get rid of anyone. Goodness knows we need everyone that is here to stick around. But I get so damn frustrated sometimes that I can't help but pop off a rant.

Nobody, and I do mean nobody, will look down on you becuase you wrote a sub-par match (by their standards or yours) or turned in a three sentence rush job. Nobody does this effortlessly, and that point was driven home to me last weekend when I literally worried myself into insomnia about the small amount of match writing I had to do for my tag with Tom. Believe me when I say I understand the desire to write the best that you can.

But if I learned anything from writing matches here, it was that sometimes your best is too good. Sometimes the best thing to do is start writing, write until you are done and worry about misspellings, editing and match flow when you are finished. Because then you have something. I don;t know if I am making any sense here...

I guess it all boils down to having fun with this. I think that, in general, the attitude in the Fed has become overly-serious and people are afraid to turn in marginal matches. I'm not sure why this is as big a deal as it is.

I hope all of this made sense. Truthfully, I doubt it will make any difference, but I can hope... ;)

Flik... I am sorry to hear that things are not going well in your life.  I really, truly am.  In that light, I am sorry that my above rant was as harsh as it was.  I didn;t want to make anyone feel like it was a "write-or-die" situation.

Besides, it takes two people to make a 2x no-show and MVS is as much to blame as you are.

Look... don't feel like I want to get rid of anyone.  Goodness knows we need everyone that is here to stick around.  But I get so damn frustrated sometimes that I can't help but pop off a rant.

Nobody, and I do mean nobody, will look down on you becuase you wrote a sub-par match (by their standards or yours) or turned in a three sentence rush job.  Nobody does this effortlessly, and that point was driven home to me last weekend when I literally worried myself into insomnia about the small amount of match writing I had to do for my tag with Tom.  Believe me when I say I understand the desire to write the best that you can.

But if I learned anything from writing matches here, it was that sometimes your best is too good.  Sometimes the best thing to do is start writing, write until you are done and worry about misspellings, editing and match flow when you are finished.  Because then you have something.  I don;t know if I am making any sense here...

I guess it all boils down to having fun with this.  I think that, in general, the attitude in the Fed has become overly-serious and people are afraid to turn in marginal matches.  I'm not sure why this is as big a deal as it is.

I hope all of this made sense.  Truthfully, I doubt it will make any difference, but I can hope... ;)

No, don't be sorry Grand Slam. As I said, you were right. I wasn't being considerate of you guys. Just because I'm not up to my stuff, doesn't mean I can't do what you said. Just send it in, even if it is crap. I'm copping out if I don't hand in something.

Otherwise, how else do I get better? Or learn to climb that steep hill, as I put it.

Double no-show or not, even I knew MVS wasn't showing. No, I haven't talked to MVS, but it was one of those "oh great, I think he's said he's too busy lately" if I remember correctly.

I know you don't want to get rid of anyone Grand Slam, please don't think I intended my last post that way. At that time, I was still coming off my needing to get that off of my chest, and well, I just said that. It's kinda like your rant. I was tired of having to be dependable, or needing to do "sub-par" stuff (like with my writing) and settle with that. So I understand, on a different front.

No one will look down, but they'll go "damn, LF, this shit is worse than your first stuff since the IGNJL days" and frankly, I'd hate that. As I was pretty awful back then, well at least at match writing.

You make a lot of sense for the writing good matches. Maybe I am just getting overly paranoid with you guys and good matches. I mean, my stuff isn't half as bad as you guys. *thinks* Ok, maybe about half as bad. Certainly not worse than half bad.

The problem with me an marginal matches is, my marginal matches won't win me anything. Hence why I think people fear handing them in. I know that's my reasoning for fearing of doing so. I can lose just fine with a good match, with a marginal one, I'll lose outright. As for the overly-serious aspect, I think that comes from the fact everyone here doesn't really reply back in anything but serious tones. Add in the little communcation I see (besides when I open up my mouth and spit out thoughtless thoughts [see me and Dace arguing over my sarastic-that-have-no-applied-sarcasim remarks]) and it isn't half surprising everyone is serious.

And yes, everything made sense. *chuckles* Actually, you did make a slight difference Slammy. I'm not as ... well, off the hook as I was when I wrote my rant. Still a little peeved, but at least not where I looked at the SWF, saw your name and post, and was thinking "GR~!!! EVIL I BE~!!! EVIL I SAY~!!! EVIL I WILL DO UPON HIM~!!!"

*laughs* Ok, it wasn't like that, but you know get where I'm going. I hope. Cause, I think I lost myself somewhere along the way.

Ack~! I said my next post would be actual commentary~! D'oh. ...guess it'll be the next one after this.

Dude, just write. I figure, if you at least write something, you'll start to get into the flow of things.

If you keep writing, and just ask for feedback, you'll get there.

Sometimes you can surprise yourself with what you turn in. And winning a few while help your motivation. Not everything good has to come from hard way, long match wins (Just look at some of my title wins).

Guest ToddRoyal

At the very least, turn in your "marginal" matches, and if they don't win, post them in the losing match thread, and maybe you'll get a way to improve. Granted we're not always great at feedback (and that's something I'm going to try to improve on) but it couldn't be worse than not turning in anything and getting generic advice like "write".

At the very least, turn in your "marginal"  matches, and if they don't win, post them in the losing match thread, and maybe you'll get a way to improve. Granted we're not always great at feedback (and that's something I'm going to try to improve on) but it couldn't be worse than not turning in anything and getting generic advice like "write".

Yeah right; like the markers give feedback anymore... :mellow:

OK, show comments:

Good promo from Wildchild about the prestige of the Cruiserweight Belt - but what the fuck was going on with MVS when he hasn't shown for months?

...and then goes on to no-show. Nice.

NEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!!! Big up to the Trinity Massif, that was an excellent match and i'm looking forward to the time when the fact that Terrence only seems to do well when Janus is around is focused on.

Flesher vs Annie - My word, that Tom Flesher eh? Turning more and more heel, hitting ladies (even damn violent ones)... what a cad. Not all that hardcore, but I enjoyed it.

Stryke's the new USJL Champ! Not something I was expecting as Coy's been on a real roll lately, but it shakes things up a bit more doesn't it? Liked the match, although I'm not sure how a Slingshot Suplex, even delievered by Coy, can be seen to be more damaging than a top-of-the-cage superplex...

Duran vs Royal - EASILY the best match of the night. Having not one but BOTH wrestlers wind up the Philly fans by refusing to go hardcore was great:

“Look at that! Todd Royal won’t even illegally hold the submission hold longer than the call for the break!” Comet laments. “Can’t they do something at least a little bit against the rules?”

Love it.

Clark... sorry, Bloodshed vs Dace. Well, I'm astounded that Clark got the win in a hardcore environment, particularly with his no-selling of walking with bare feet on fucking glass... still, it was pretty well-worked and had a nice interplay of me and IL coming down and causing havoc.

Main Event: I know Grappler was writing it, but he made Landon looks like a million bucks. Great match that probably actually deserved to be at the end of the show rather than my slightly lack-lustre hardcore ramblings.

Dude, just write. I figure, if you at least write something, you'll start to get into the flow of things.

If you keep writing, and just ask for feedback, you'll get there.

Sometimes you can surprise yourself with what you turn in. And winning a few while help your motivation. Not everything good has to come from hard way, long match wins (Just look at some of my title wins).

I need to start following this advice... now.

That being said, Tom's match was excellent, and I marked for the Unprettier (twice!) and the Millenium suplex. I want to be that good at commentary, dammit :P

Hopefully time allows me to come up with more comments later

-Annie

Partial Comments of DOOM~!

Mark Stevens Promo:

- Simple and to the point.

Wildchild Promo:

- Wildchild is very, very angry about Flesher disrespecting the Cruiserweight Title, but gets the whole “really wants the world” side of the story. Woohoo – my blatantly obvious storytelling is being picked up by people! … but Mike Van Siclen interrupts. (Y) MVS. Fine bit of revisionist history here, and I’m always pleased to see Catch-22 mentioned while Beezel is totally ignored. I do only have one hair to split here… where MVS says “I get fed to Tom Flesher,” I really wish he’d said, “AND I BEAT HIM! And what do I get?” etc. I think people forget that the mini Mike and I worked culminated with Mike going over. But still, excellent promo, clearly establishing MVS as a heel.

Toxxic vs. IL, Segment 1:

- I find the idea of the Eel combing his pompadour back with a flyswatter absolutely hilarious. Actually, the whole segment was great. The Eel usage was smooth, and it was quite the juxtaposition – the Eel and Girl Scouts, as opposed to the brutality going on with the two competitors. (Full disclosure: I just like saying “juxtaposition.”)

MVS vs. Edward James:

- That excellent segment followed by GORO. Quite the juxtaposition.

Mark Stevens Promo II:

- Wow, shit just keeps piling up for GSMS, doesn’t it? I’m kind of on the fence about this promo, to be honest. I mean, it was well-written and all, but it set off my Coincidence Alarm. Still, it’s all good.

Tag Team Title Match: Wild & Dangerous © vs. Unholy Trinity (Janus and Aecas):

- I thought this was a fabulous match as far as the dynamic of the two teams. After all, W&D and the Trinity are both based on the time-honored tag model of (to quote Bret Hart) “a guy and his twin.” This was an extended version of a David and Goliath singles match, with the added twist of the tag partners, and I thought the Trinity did a great job with it. Also, busting out the rare move at the end was a good call, considering how dominant W&D have been.

Tom Flesher vs. Ann Onita:

- I was pretty happy with how this turned out. On re-reading, the “go through the announce table” thing didn’t feel like a running gag, but more like a loose end that I didn’t tie up… so that’s too bad. Not to toot my own horn, but I think I handled reinforcing Tom as a tweener very well by having him do something pretty much universally regarded as bad, but in a context where it was excusable. I also dig storyline finishes and I always enjoy working with Annie’s character. Ann “Ichiban” Onita is the climax of the whole Annie Eclectic character – I feel like she’s all grown up now, know what I mean? Very fun to work with.

USJL Title Match: “Coyote” Coy West vs. Stryke:

- Poor Matty Kivell, working two matches in a row. Strong, entertaining action in this one. I particularly liked the spinning toehold spot, which put Coy over strongly while still allowing Stryke the chance to go on and win the match. The belly-to-belly into the turnbuckles was also sweet, and didn’t seem as overdone as re-using the German into the buckles would be, nor as life-threatening. Countering the slingshot suplex was also very nice. Fine job, Stryke.

John Duran vs. Todd Royal:

- I enjoyed the Toxxic/IL spot, of course. Very entertaining, and it creates a great juxtaposition (Y) with the technical wrestling segment. The Foley angle is always a good one to steal. It was a bit anticlimactic, but that tends to be the case when you have the dickish boring match and there’s no point at which it becomes a real slugfest. Like, I was waiting for the wad to blow, and it didn’t. Still, great match and it put over the important parts of the storyline.

Toxxic vs. IL Segment 2:

- Nicely done with the replays. Weedwhacker AND fire extinguisher spots! VERY nice. I’m enjoying this.

Just a few quick thoughts; I'll try and provide in-depth analysis for any match upon request:

OPENING SEGMENT

Thoughts: Mark is all secretive and shit... it's almost like a worked shoot, or something...

OPENING PROMO

Thoughts: To be perfectly honest, I wasn't very happy with it; in fact the main reason that I don't do very many promos is because I'm not good with dialogue... I went in with a plan for what I wanted to get across, but I lost my train of thought late, and as I'm sure you could all see, it really started to drag near the end... I had much more difficulty writing this than I had writing my match...

TOXXIC VS INSANE LUCHADOR - PART ONE

Thoughts: I'm not absolutely certain about this, but I think that the word you wanted to use was "quaff..." I thought that the setting off of the alarm was a nice touch (side note: would you mind telling this poor Yank, who doesn't know shit about cars anyway, what part of a car the "bullbars" are?)... I especially like the nutshot getting a pin in a multi-fall match; we, as a group, don't do a good enough job selling the basic moves anymore ;)... I loved the interaction between IL and the Memphis Eel, especially the muderous glare after the Eel inadvertently opened the sliding doors... having said that, this match is so far conspicuously lacking in play-by-play, which would almost suggest that this segment was recorded before the show started... Minor grammatical note: a few more commas here and there wouldn't hurt; you had a few run-on sentences in there, but it was otherwise a good read.

MIKE VAN SICLEN VS EDWARD JAMES

Thoughts: Not much to comment on, except that I'm almost glad that MVS didn't show; I asked MVS for permission to use him in a promo, but I didn't tell him what I planned to say, so at least I don't have to worry about the awkward hell that is promo no-selling..

PHONE CALL

Thoughts: My best friend went through a similar situation when his wife was pregnant before he got out of the Navy, so I was really feeling this... not a whole lot to say other than nice work; I'm sure any working father can sympathize.

WILD AND DANGEROUS VS THE UNHOLY TRINITY

Thoughts: Aside from my personal pet peeve of the champions coming out first, the opening segment was quite solid... I really liked the flapjack spot; looked like something I'd write myself... A very good match, overall, without much of anything to find fault with... except for this:

The Anti-Heel Machine begins to rise to his vertical base, only to see boot as Wildchild flings himself into the air for a beautiful dropkick!

I don't know whether you meant to say "boot" or "foot," but Wildchild doesn't wear boots.

TOM FLESHER VS ANN ONITA

Thoughts: Let me just say that "I Am the Man" is probably my favorite ring music among active wrestlers besides my own... Is Alilison a lesbian, too? :huh: ... Taamo seems to be Annie's "Craven," if the never-having-beaten comment has any basis in fact; I'd very much like to see what she wrote for Lockdown... As someone who wrestled in high school (nevermind that it was eleven years ago), I really like the "Cement" series; you should use it more often, Tom... I don't know why, but I don't actually believed that Annie actually "f***ed" Wilson, even in kayfabe... I like this HC match a lot if for other reason than because it's a lot like the way I prefer to write them myself: with a minimum of actual accessories used... Of course, I don't have the talent to pull of blood and gore, anyway... I also like the way you seem to have Riley starting to sympathise with Flesher again, as a subtle way of enhancing this hinted heel-turn.

COY WEST VS STRYKE

Thoughts: Coy coming down to the ring with a gun is funny, although not entirely unsurprising... Coy has a hard head? I thought he was a Redneck, not Samoan... I really like the way Coy gets old school moves over... Coy bleeds because he's a REDNECK~! ... or something...

JOHN DURAN VS TODD ROYAL

Thoughts: I can honestly say that I didn't see that interlude with Toxxic and IL coming, although it would have been even funnier if this match had started out as Ping Ping II, and Toxxic and IL interrupted it somehow... Todd does his best Grappler imitation, and the crowd doesn't like it one bit... TOdd and Duran go all "fuck this hardcore shit," and roll around on the mat for a few minutes before the match (mercifully) ends, and Duran threatens to scrub Grappler's face off, or something...

TOXXIC VS INSANE LUCHADOR - PART TWO

Thoughts: 15 year-old Girl Scouts? I'll bet you an oatmeal cookie that you don't know what color outfits they'd be wearing... It's good to be the champ: where were all the hot bitches when I was Hardcore Champion? :huh: ... Thief! Thief! IL's a thief...

DACE NIGHT VS ALAN CLARK

Thoughts: Apropos of nothing, when was the last time that Clark actually defended the Cruiserweight Title? :huh: ... Bloodshed! Bloodshed is... well... he's... he's nucking futs, that's what he is... I'd hate to be on the ring crew after this match; I'm just sayin'... Toxxic/IL segueway = running gag, and it's good... Dace makes mincemeat out of Toxxic, and I smell a feud coming... Bloodshed disappears and re-appears as Alan Clark, sans blood, and it's starting to get a little too 1994 Undertaker-esque for me...

CHARLIE MATTHEWS VS LANDON MADDIX

Thoughts: If I was in the crowd, and heard anyone come down to the ring to N.E.R.D, I'd jump the barricade and strangle them on general principle... Maddix displays his sensitive style, as he introduces Grappler to the ring bell; nice... The Book of Todd~! Bloody marvelous... Uhh... how can Grappler do a "Spider" suplex with both his feet on the canvas? :huh: ... I can't believe that you ACTUALLY had the nerve to use a baguette as a weapon... Blunt Force Trauma~! And Grappler sends a hearty "Fuck you, too" to Duran...

TOXXIC VS INSANE LUCHADOR - PART "THREE"

Thoughts: A little shady to circumvent the ME like that, but this has entertained me, so I'll allow it... :ph34r: IL misses a moonsault off the SmarkTron that would even make wC say "HOLY SHIT!" ... and then he misses... You can't trust an EEL~!

POWER OF ATTORNEY?

Thoughts: I only have one thought: I think it's King...

WC, if my memory serves correct, on the first Raw video game for Xbox, there's a Spider German Suplex for when the opponent is on the ground on their stomach, where you lift them up from the ground, up and over. Of course, Raw probably isn't the best game to take move names from, but that's what I based it off of.

According to my understanding, a "spider" suplex is described a top turnbuckle suplex in which the attacker wraps his legs around the top turnbuckle, so that he is able to throw the victim off of the turnbuckles without falling off himself.

Perhaps Dace can clear this up.

Grap the Sipder German is you sitting on the top rope, facing out, with your legs hooked around the ropes. Opp also on the top, fall backwards with a German Suplex to the ring, you end up in a Tree of Woe style possition.

So, just blame RAW for that one. Nothing major.

I can only assume you're talking about the things on the front of 4x4 off road vichles, which cover the front grilling and are ment for use in hurding farm animals and stuff.

:: shrug ::

I'm talking about whatever it is Toxxic is talking about; I don't know cars, and I'm not from the country, so I wouldn't know what you'd have to put on a truck in order to be able to herd cattle with it.

I just read Toxxic's first segment and saw the word "bullbars" and went :huh:. I figured that it was some kind of UK thing...