TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest slacklet

Nickelodeon to air classic shows all month

Guest slacklet

For 20-year old material, this stuff holds up pretty damn well.

Well, the music references would go over kids heads.

But otherwise, great show.

I'll believe it when I see it. As far as I know, Nick doesn't own the rights to ANY episodes of You Can't Do That on Television, and it's doubtful they'd be able to obtain them so quickly. The poll isn't even working right now, so it's likely that they're just going to fix the poll to have one of those other two lame shows win. I think both Clarissa and Alex Mack air on Noggin anywyas. Man do those shows suck.

They showed episodes of YCDTOTV during the 20th anniversary, so I don't see why they couldn't again.

For 20-year old material, this stuff holds up pretty damn well.

Yeah, this show has actually aged well. I don't know about the others though.

///slimed

A majority of classic Niuck Stuff like Pete and Pete, Clarissa, and the Game Shows and Cartoons air on Nicks digital channels , Nicktoons TV, Nick GAS, and Noggin. Despite the fond memories we all have of these shows being entertaining back in the day, most of them really don't hold up well at all today.

Guest slacklet
I'll believe it when I see it. As far as I know, Nick doesn't own the rights to ANY episodes of You Can't Do That on Television, and it's doubtful they'd be able to obtain them so quickly. The poll isn't even working right now, so it's likely that they're just going to fix the poll to have one of those other two lame shows win. I think both Clarissa and Alex Mack air on Noggin anywyas. Man do those shows suck.

They showed episodes of YCDTOTV during the 20th anniversary, so I don't see why they couldn't again.

I think the deal was that prior to 1999 Nickelodeon had to pay an assload of royalties each time they showed an episode to the Canadian distributor because of the LARGE cast the show had over the years.

But from what I've read, Nickelodeon outright purchased the episodes in 1999 and the rest is history.

the kid's name on YCDTOTV was "Allister" not however it was spelled above. The punk band of the same name took it from the show.

EDIT: The Adventures of Pete & Pete is still one of my favorite shows. That show was so great.

Guest slacklet

The digital cable channel Nick Too, which shows the west coast feed of Nickelodeon, will be replaying the You Can't Do That on Television episode at 8:30 ET tonight if anyone's interested.

I'll tape it since I didn't earlier.

Thanks slacklet.

I wonder why Nickelodeon just doesn't make a classic Nickelodeon channel or show classic shows more often.

On Directv theres Nicktoons which shows a good majority of the cartoons and Noggin which shows most of the actually acted shows.

On Dish theres Nick GAS which shows all of the old game shows (Finders Keepers, Nick Arcade, etc)

It would have been better if they combined all 3 channels into one but whatever..

And Im catching the west feed of Nick for YCDTOT.

Hmm, I wonder if "Mysterious Cities of Gold" will be up for voting...

What I hated about that show was I would always miss the last few episodes and never saw how it ended, although I eventually did.

There was another show that was like that -- I think it was called Spartacas or something...

Guest slacklet
Hmm, I wonder if "Mysterious Cities of Gold" will be up for voting...

What I hated about that show was I would always miss the last few episodes and never saw how it ended, although I eventually did.

There was another show that was like that -- I think it was called Spartacas or something...

Spartakus And The Sun Beneath The Sea

It was notable for Menudo singing the second season's theme song.

Thanks slacklet. 

I wonder why Nickelodeon just doesn't make a classic Nickelodeon channel or show classic shows more often.

On Directv theres Nicktoons which shows a good majority of the cartoons and Noggin which shows most of the actually acted shows.

I got Noggin on Dish, and I only wish they'd actually show some of the old Nickelodeon shows. They were showing Pete and Pete for a while, but according to the extremely vague story I heard, some parents complained about the content on one episode, and Noggin pulled it.

Now, all we get is Degrassi, RFR, My So-Called Life, random episodes of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, and Daria on a loop from 6 PM to 5 AM every day.

Uhm, hm. There were a couple amusing things here and there ("Bruce Springsteen gets Laringytis!"), but I really didn't find it to be all that funny. But it might have a little to do with the fact that it was before my time. Ah, well. You guys enjoyed it, anyway, so more power to ya.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I'm not really interested in it other than You Can't Do That on Television.

It sucks that the World of David the Gnome, Dangermouse and Count Duckula aren't going to get played.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Reading through this thread is like reliving my youth.....*cries*

Seriously though the mere mentions of Dangermouse and Today's Special with the picture posted in this thread really take me back.....

I am stoked I got to watch YCDTOTV yesterday though, too bad they won't release it on DVD.....that I would buy.

Thanks slacklet.  

I got Noggin on Dish, and I only wish they'd actually show some of the old Nickelodeon shows. They were showing Pete and Pete for a while, but according to the extremely vague story I heard, some parents complained about the content on one episode, and Noggin pulled it.

Now, all we get is Degrassi, RFR, My So-Called Life, random episodes of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, and Daria on a loop from 6 PM to 5 AM every day.

I believe they also show Just Deal, which used to come on after the TNBC City Guys reruns in 2001. That show was OK from the few eps I saw.

It seems every Nickelodeon channel in the world shows TNBC/Engel shows EXCEPT the ones in North America. Bastards.

Does anyone remember a show on Nick in the early 90's about high school teens but it was sort of like a soap opera? I don't remember the name of the show at all but I remember it was on in the mid afternoons on weekends or something like that. I just remember it was very dramatic.

I believe at one time Nick had three different high school shows going on (Fifteen, Welcome Freshmen and one of the Degrassi offshoots)

I hope Angry Beavers wins. "Spoot" is one of the best pseudo-curse words ever.

Does anybody remember a kid's show from the 80's that starred three people and a person in an elephant suit? I want to say it was called "The Elephant Show", but I'm not sure. This thread got me thinking about it as well as other shows I saw as a kid like "Under the Umbrella Tree" and "Don't Just Sit There".