TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest gearhead

Who's better: Edge or Christian

Guest gearhead

It should be obvious to anybody who has a pair of eyes, that Christian is a better wrestler, and entertainer, then Edge.

Firstly, lets have a look at some of the matches these guys have been in as of late. Sure, Edge has put on some great matches that deserve applause, but compared to what Christian has done in his matches, Edge is nothing. Christian's feud with Chris Jericho is arguably the best feud the wwe has had in a very long time. The matches both men endured were purely spectacular. Both Christian, and Jericho, stole the show at the 2 pay per views they have had matches in, and one of those pay per views, was none other than WrestleMania XX. To steal the show at an event like WMXX, shows how great the 2 athletes are, and to me it really showed that both men could pull off great matches at any level, with just about anybody. The other occasion when they stole the show at a pay per view, was Backlash. Christians match at Backlash was arguable the best match on the card after the night was over, and that's pretty hard to do when you have matches like Randy Orton vs Mick Foley, and the triple threat match for the heavyweight championship of the world. For 2 wrestlers who have been shoved in the mid-card and put at the start of the show to shine through like that, further proves my point that Christian can put on spectacular matches with just about anybody. What has Edge done in the past month while he has been back? Nothing! Sure, he captured the tag team gold, but the matches he was in were mediocre at best. His match with Kane at Backlash was arguably the worst match of the show and only pushed down Kane who should have been winning every match leading into this current feud for the world title.

Edge's more recent matches with Chris Benoit and evolution, have been good, but nowhere near as good as Christian's have been. The best match Edge has put on since his return, has been his match against Randy Orton. Sure that match was great, but look at the match Christian was in on that same show. Christian and Jericho put on one of the best cage matches in quite some time now, and once again, stole the show with their brilliance. Not many people can manage to put on as many great matches with the same wrestler, but Christian did this very successfully. Edge has been having constant matches with Evolution, and even with there being 4 members of Evolution, they are still turning out boring and a chore to watch. Now, if someone can put on this many great wrestling matches with the same guy without them getting boring, then he is clearly one of the best wrestlers this company has, thus making Christian clearly ahead of Edge for in-ring chemistry, and natural wrestling ability. With that said, can you say that Edge is a better wrestler than Christian? Of course not.

Secondly, it is clearly obvious that Christian has much better mic skills than Edge. Every promo Christian has had so far this year, has been close to perfect. He never makes mistakes, and gets huge ammounts of heel heat. I haven't seen a single promo from Christian where he hasn't gotten huge heat from the crowd, and where he hasn't been perfect with the way he talks, and with the way he maintains his gimmick. Edge on the other hand, is mediocre at best when it comes to mic skills. This is something that will hold him down alot when it comes to being pushed to bigger and better things. If he ever wants to be the world champion, then he seriously needs to improve his mic skills. Edge is, and will always only be given promo's on occasion when it is desperately needed. I expect his opponents to carry almost all of the mic work when it comes down to a feud with anyone. With that said, can you really say that Edge is a better entertainer than Christian? Of course not.

Finally, with Edge being sidelined for the better part of last year, he has lost almost all of what wrestling skill he originally had. He used to be a much better wrestler, but even back then, he was still nothing compared to Christian. Christian has been incredibly good for the better part of his time as a wwe wrestler and he continues to improve his already spectacular skills. Edge, on the other hand, is nothing of his former self and this shows in his matches. Even in the past when he was better, that was only when he had Christian as a tag team partner. Christian carried him through their years as a tag team and this has shown in both men's accomplishments as wrestlers. Edge continues to be stuck in the tag team divisions, whereas Christian continues to impress and continues to be put into very high profile singles feuds.

To conclude, Christian is clearly a better wrestler and entertainer than Edge, simply because Christian has much more pure wrestling ability, can put on countless numbers of matches with anybody without making them boring, and Christian obviously has much better mic skills and charisma then Edge.

Guest Coffey

I don't know if I could choose. It's close and I'm a big fan of both wrestlers. Edge & Christian entertain the hell out of me...both in the ring and in vignettes/skits.

Edge kicks Christian's ass all over the place. I like his character, don't get me wrong, but it makes Christian look weak to have to be surrounded by Trish and Tyson Botch-ko just for him to be able to get a win.

I say turn Edge heel and have him team with Christian for a while before turning Christian face and feud with Edge for a short bit. Have this feud go the way of Eddie/Chavo 2004 then give Edge a main event run at Benoit (at this point, it'd be somewhere around October or November, assuming Benoit still has the belt then.)

Edge is a much better and more exciting wrestler.

I'm a sucker for heels, tho. So I like Christian a little better. Although heel Edge would probably be much better if he stayed away from the girls and was just an annoying prick. Christian seems like he's trying too hard, sometimes.

Christian

The way I look at it, Christian is the next (not as talented ring wise) Shawn Michaels. Tomko and Trish are just his Diesel and Sherri. He's a better mic worker, and much better in the ring.

Isnt it funny that the last two Rocker-esque tag teams (Hardyz, E&C) tried to follow the Michaels-better-than-Jannety formula, only their handpicked Michaels (Jeff, Edge) have fallen below the bar, while Jannety (Matt, Xtian) have stepped in up quite a bit. Now, if only they can get Matt out of Lita oscurity.

-cheex

I'm a supporeter of both guys, and there really is no way to compare them. Edge is the better worker, while Christian in the better character. I've long been an Edge fan (pretty much since his debut in the fed) and I'm extremely big on Christian these days. Each guy has their positives and negatives. The only thing I have to stay is that they need to stay far, far away from each other for a while, because their feud post-breakup left a lot to be desired. Let them flesh their characters out more (Edge especially), and then see if they can make a marketable feud come off.

I like Christian better, as a wrestler and character. Edge never really did anything for me, but I don't hate him or anything. I disagree about the Jericho-Christian matches stealing the show at WM and Backlash though. They were really good matches, but both shows, had a few better ones.

Exactly where are these mind-blowing Christian matches you speak of? The Jericho feud, as a whole, is decidedly mediocre and that's WITHOUT Christian chinlocking the crowd into boredom.

Now, if someone can put on this many great wrestling matches with the same guy without them getting boring, then he is clearly one of the best wrestlers this company has, thus making Christian clearly ahead of Edge for in-ring chemistry, and natural wrestling ability.

Again, where are these "great" matches you speak of? The Booker, RVD, and initial Edge feuds were mediocre to awful, and the Jericho feud had ceased being entertaining a while back in addition to the matches being above average at best.

With that said, can you say that Edge is a better wrestler than Christian? Of course not.

:::: watches Eddy/Edge again ::::

Of course I can.

Christian's a bad singles worker, always has been and always will be.

Uh...what?

Both Christian, and Jericho, stole the show at the 2 pay per views they have had matches in, and one of those pay per views, was none other than WrestleMania XX. To steal the show at an event like WMXX, shows how great the 2 athletes are, and to me it really showed that both men could pull off great matches at any level, with just about anybody.

A) They didn't steal the show, they had a decent match...and B) how does that prove they can have great matches with anyone, even if they did steal the show?

Christians match at Backlash was arguable the best match on the card after the night was over

It wasn't. It really wasn't. The main event SMOKED it.

For 2 wrestlers who have been shoved in the mid-card and put at the start of the show to shine through like that, further proves my point that Christian can put on spectacular matches with just about anybody

Again...how? Where were those spectacular matches when he was feuding with Booker?

Now, if someone can put on this many great wrestling matches with the same guy without them getting boring, then he is clearly one of the best wrestlers this company has

HOW!?! He has good chemistry with Jericho. He can put good matches on with him. Edge's matches with Angle were on a par with Y2J/XTain's matches. Doesn't prove squat. Two guys having consistant matches doesn't suddenly make them excellent wrestlers. There's a LOT more to it than that. Excellent wrestlers prove they can have good matches with 95% of their competition. Christian hasn't done that. Neither has Edge.

If he ever wants to be the world champion, then he seriously needs to improve his mic skills.

Because Benoit and Bret were MASTERS on the mic. That doesn't have to mean much.

With that said, can you really say that Edge is a better entertainer than Christian?

Considering they have totally different characters, it's hard to compare. In E&C they were equals in terms of entertaining. That's the comparison.

He used to be a much better wrestler, but even back then, he was still nothing compared to Christian.

Edge had great matches in the SD6 way before Christian started having decent matches with Jericho.

Even in the past when he was better, that was only when he had Christian as a tag team partner. Christian carried him through their years as a tag team and this has shown in both men's accomplishments as wrestlers.

Sweet jebus. Christian carried Edge? That's why Edge was the one chosen to be IC Champ and KOTR, right? That's why Christian was always seen as the Jannetty of the team, right? That's why Christian got put in the UnAmericans while Edge was having great matches with the Benoits, Eddies and Angles.

To conclude, Christian is clearly a better wrestler and entertainer than Edge, simply because Christian has much more pure wrestling ability

Entertainer? Probably. Wrestler? They're about even, and neither is that great without someone carring them.

can put on countless numbers of matches with anybody without making them boring

Yeah...that Booker feud was a SCORCHER!

To conclude...you're probably right that Christian is better at the moment, all things considered. But your reasons leave a lot to be desired and make my brain hurt. Thanks.

Guest Cheech

I don't like Edge at all right now, but he's had way better matches then Christian since the split.

vs. Kurt Angle at Backlash 2002

vs. Kurt Angle at Judgment Day 2002 hair vs. hair

vs. Eddie at Summerslam 2002, Unforgiven 2002, and the No DQ match on Smackdown

with Rey Mysterio vs. Benoit & Angle at No Mercy 2002 and the other matches with the Smackdown 6

and vs. Benoit vs. Eddie vs. Angle in the fatal four way elimination on Smackdown for the #1 contendership for the WWE title at Armageddon 2002

But all of those matches have been with really good opponents. Christian didn't have those kind of opponents. So you can't really tell.

and Christian has been obviously way better on the mic. But he's been heel, and Edge has been face, and its usually harder to be a face on the mic. Edge was great on the mic in the E&C tag team.

So hopefully Edge will turn heel for his match against Benoit at Vengeance and we can see how he does with that.

Christian is an infinitely superior mic worker and has a better character, but his ringwork is slow-paced and heavy on using chokes and whatnot. He's gotten better recently, but still.

Meanwhile, Edge is the better wrestler and CAN be good on the mic, but right now he's incredibly boring. Some people shouldn't attempt to do intense promos, and Edge is one of those people.

At least, that's my take on it.

Intense promos never work for Canadians. Jericho, Christian, and now Edge all tried the yell alot then have a fit like a little baby promo but it never works. I think the only person to ever get this promo style over was Kurt Angle but that was years ago.

The only thing Edge needs to work on is his entrance. He needs to stop doing the goofy "holding my giant balls" dance and go back to the "mysterious from the crowd" entrance. Sometimes less is more.

Christian, I cant see how there is any arguement about it. Christian is the better wrestler and about 100 times better on the mic. Thats all I have to say.

Edge. Christian is the more charismatic, but when Edge is given the right material he is nothing to sneeze at either. He also has a more marketable look.

The real difference comes in terms of skill. Edge isn't exactly Chris Benoit in the ring, but he's above average and I would even say good when it comes to being a worker. He has had several good-to-great matches involving the likes of Lance Storm and the Smackdown Six, and had a tendency to do the bulk of the work in E&C's tag matches. Christian isn't that great at all as a worker. He is average at best. Even his matches with Chris Jericho, who is a very good wrestler, weren't that great, certainly not on the level of Edge/Storm. Edge gets criticized for his selling, but Christian's isn't much better and his moveset is one of the weakest in the company.

Christian has one big advantage over Edge, he's healthier. Not taking that into account, Edge is the superior worker, and it isn't even really that close, much like other top teams in the past (Matt > Jeff, Bret > Anvil, Martel > Tito, DK > Davey Boy, etc.). Christian is the perfect example of a tag team wrestler. He does very well in that environment, both with Edge and with Chris Jericho. He doesn't bring enough to the table in singles.

Guest Anglesault

Edge is the superior worker from what we've seen, while Christian is a much better performer.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Edge is good when he has others holding his hand. I can't say Christian is necessarily better than Edge until I see him in a 20+ min. match with Eddie Guerrero or Chris Benoit. While Jericho is fairly entertaining, he isn't one who can carry one to go a good match. he adapts with other good workers to have good matches. But does that mean Christian must not be very good? I'm confused...

I don't think it's fair to say that Christian is all that much better on the mic. As a cocky heel, which is what Christian is right now, Edge is also good. As an intense face, he sucks ass. I'd suspect Christian would too, though.

Guest Anglesault

Of course it's been argued that Christian was always the mic force of the tag team.

Also, as a witty, sarcastic character (not taking heel/face into account), singles Christian blows singles Edge out of the water. Despite what they Michael Cole kept screaming in 02, Edge was not funny.

Christian more or less always has been witty.

Guest Korgath

I liked them as the Brood, I marked out like crazy for their "surfer dude" gimmick... but as singles competitors, both Christian and Edge fail to make the cut.

Even with Trish around him, Christian just doesn't seem to have that "little extra" to push him into the main event.

As for Edge, it really seems like he sucked more now than I ever thought possible. I guess some people are better off on Smackdown!

Of course it's been argued that Christian was always the mic force of the tag team.

Was he really? I seem to remember them having equal mic time as E&C. Didn't Christian usually just insult the teams in the city?

Guest Real F'n Show

The answer to your question is both and neither. They need to start teaming up again as heels like in 2000-2001. As singles workers, both guys rely on restholds way too much. In fact, Christian uses a rear chinlock or a sleeper in almost every match he's in. I'm gonna go with Edge because he has the cooler moveset, but E and C as a tag team totally reeks of more awesomeness.

Guest Anglesault

Was he really? I seem to remember them having equal mic time as E&C. Didn't Christian usually just insult the teams in the city?

they had equal time, but Christian's mic work was the stronger of the two.

They both did, really. The difference was that Christian's delivery was far better than Edge's, and still is.

Well it seems people cant agree whos better between Edge & Christian but I'll bet a Timbit that no one will say Jeff Hardy is better then Matt. :D

Christian will always be a little bitch in my eyes so Edge > Christian

Give me Christian over Egde any day. I dont know what it is, but i just cant into Edge, his matches and his promos. I'm not saying he's bad at either, but he just doesn't hook me in (even before the neck op). Christian, however, has a way of keeping me interested in matches involving him, and his performances in the backstage skits with Y2J earlier this year were top notch.