TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TigerDriver91

Bradshaw Causes Incident At House Show

Here is a small newspaper article that wil appear tomorrow on some of the newspapers across the country

Layfield, 36, was recently elevated to a main-event position on the WWE's Smackdown roster after his character was changed to portray him as an anti-immigration zealot, with Mexicans usually the targets of his prejudice during weekly Thursday telecasts on UPN.

This is always good to hear....

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

What's Vince gonna do when shit hits the fan?

Vince had nothing to do with it. Despite his fixation on WWII and portraying his Mr. McMahon character as a facist using Nazi WWII stock footage, he had nothing to do with it and -in fact- was shocked and disgusted by the actions of Mr. Layfield. The WWE stands for WORLD Wrestling Entertainment and as such believes itself not only to be a proudly American company, but one that appreciates and honours and respects all the countries of the world... even if they constantly belittle various countries every single time they enter it to get cheap heat.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Well Vince is technically the owner, and he should do something to punsih Bradshaw, but oh well.

What are they going to do about bradshaw? Just slap him on the wrist for being an ignorant racist who offended an entire country around D-Day?

Guest netslob
Vince had nothing to do with it.  Despite his fixation on WWII and portraying his Mr. McMahon character as a facist using Nazi WWII stock footage, he had nothing to do with it and -in fact- was shocked and disgusted by the actions of Mr. Layfield.  The WWE stands for WORLD Wrestling Entertainment and as such believes itself not only to be a proudly American company, but one that appreciates and honours and respects all the countries of the world... even if they constantly belittle various countries every single time they enter it to get cheap heat.

Rudo...i can never tell when your being sarcastic or not...

Guest Rrrsh
Vince had nothing to do with it.  Despite his fixation on WWII and portraying his Mr. McMahon character as a facist using Nazi WWII stock footage, he had nothing to do with it and -in fact- was shocked and disgusted by the actions of Mr. Layfield.  The WWE stands for WORLD Wrestling Entertainment and as such believes itself not only to be a proudly American company, but one that appreciates and honours and respects all the countries of the world... even if they constantly belittle various countries every single time they enter it to get cheap heat.

Rudo...i can never tell when your being sarcastic or not...

Ditto.

Guest Trivia247
So, does this mean Bradshaw is going to blame the media next?

there were too many Smark fans in the German crowd... Damn those Internet Geeks Damn them to hellllll

It's all the internet fans' fault!!! ...somehow.

Damn right! How many of you flooded CNBC with complaints?

Guest Dynamite Kido
It's all the internet fans' fault!!! ...somehow.

Damn right! How many of you flooded CNBC with complaints?

Now that is idea....let's show Bradshaw what fat gay 12 year olds* on their mom's computer can really do!!!!!!!

*Bradshaw's opinion of net fans.......not mine.

Update: Apparently fat gay 12 year old's can get your ass canned at CNBC.

"I am proud to be an American. And as an American, I am free to say and do whatever I please -and there are thousands of good-hearted men and women fighting overseas to protect that freedom and I thank them every day. And that freedom also allows me to say and do some things that I'm not always proud of. And I will be man enough -American enough- to admit that I was wrong to do what I did in Germany. Because I -as an American- can do that. I can admit that I was wrong.

However.

Some people don't respect my freedom. You know, for a country that likes to bash George W. Bush and talk about how intollerant Americans are, Germans don't seem so tollerable when they get poked at a little bit. America gets ridiculed every day and do you see us crying? No, we're America, we shrug it off and keep fighting. When 9-11 happened and those sonsofabitches attacked us, did we stop and cry? No. We fought back like Americans and turned them bastards into a parking lot. And did we stop there? Hell no. We went and cleaned up that part of the world and now it's so much safer than it was before and they love us for it. Cause that's what we do as Americans - we take a bad situation done to us, and turn it around and make it good for everybody.

What has Germany done? Nothing. They can't get over something that happened a hundred years ago when we SAVED them from the oppressive reign of Adolf Hitler. Their country was responsible for the death of millions of people and *I'm* the bad guy? They can't take a joke, and that's downright sad. Now I'm fired from CNBC because of their intollerance and ignorance. I wish I could go back in time and change what I did, cause if that was the punishment, I would have done more!

I'd like to thank the McMahon family for standing by -like true Americans- and saying that I did something wrong and that I should be punished. And like an American, I will take that punishment and try to do right by it and them. I'd like to thank the Undertaker, especially, for pulling me aside after the match and say that I should apologize to the McMahons for what I did. And I did. Because I am an American, and I'm free, and sometimes that means I am free to mess up and free to make it better.

Thank you.

- JBL"

"I am proud to be an American. And as an American, I am free to say and do whatever I please -and there are thousands of good-hearted men and women fighting overseas to protect that freedom and I thank them every day. And that freedom also allows me to say and do some things that I'm not always proud of. And I will be man enough -American enough- to admit that I was wrong to do what I did in Germany. Because I -as an American- can do that. I can admit that I was wrong.

However.

Some people don't respect my freedom. You know, for a country that likes to bash George W. Bush and talk about how intollerant Americans are, Germans don't seem so tollerable when they get poked at a little bit. America gets ridiculed every day and do you see us crying? No, we're America, we shrug it off and keep fighting. When 9-11 happened and those sonsofabitches attacked us, did we stop and cry? No. We fought back like Americans and turned them bastards into a parking lot. And did we stop there? Hell no. We went and cleaned up that part of the world and now it's so much safer than it was before and they love us for it. Cause that's what we do as Americans - we take a bad situation done to us, and turn it around and make it good for everybody.

What has Germany done? Nothing. They can't get over something that happened a hundred years ago when we SAVED them from the oppressive reign of Adolf Hitler. Their country was responsible for the death of millions of people and *I'm* the bad guy? They can't take a joke, and that's downright sad. Now I'm fired from CNBC because of their intollerance and ignorance. I wish I could go back in time and change what I did, cause if that was the punishment, I would have done more!

I'd like to thank the McMahon family for standing by -like true Americans- and saying that I did something wrong and that I should be punished. And like an American, I will take that punishment and try to do right by it and them. I'd like to thank the Undertaker, especially, for pulling me aside after the match and say that I should apologize to the McMahons for what I did. And I did. Because I am an American, and I'm free, and sometimes that means I am free to mess up and free to make it better.

Thank you.

- JBL"

I -as an Australian- find Bradshaw to be an utter tool.

I so totally thought that long essay with him commenting on Germany was real. That sounds like something that Bradshaw would say.

There is another negative to this whole JBL crap, he lost one of his jobs.

Vince should just scrap the whole PPV and build toward the next proper SD! PPV. Who is going to by such a shitty card, especially only one week after the RAW PPV?

From PWInsider.

As we reported yesterday, CNBC severed their relationship with John Bradshaw Layfield due to his incorporating Nazi mannerisms into his ring work during a match on 6/5 against Eddie Guerrero in Munich, Germany (which, it should again be noted is illegal to do in that country). WWE management found out about CNBC’s decision to fire JBL yesterday afternoon at Smackdown and Vince McMahon was said to be very angry by it. From what I was told, he was not mad at Bradshaw for doing it, but at CNBC for reacting so “heavy-handedly” to what Bradshaw did. I talked to a number of people in the promotion and no one seems to believe that Bradshaw will be “dealt with” by the company in any significant way, as WWE had said he would in the statement briefly posted on their website yesterday. Being one of Vince McMahon’s pet projects has its privileges. In fact, there was a feeling among a number of employees that the only reason that the statement was even put up on the company website was because WWE was trying to keep Bradshaw from being let go by CNBC, but I can only say that is just people’s opinion at this time.

Speaking of Bradshaw, it should be noted that CNBC received thousands of calls and emails from people calling for them to take action over what Bradshaw did. They were really left with no choice but to let him go, especially when you consider what he did broke German law (not to mention the laws of common sense and decency). I also know that there are a number of ongoing fan movements where people are emailing a number of organizations and news outlets, including but not limited to CNBC, MSNBC, Reuters, CNN, FOX NEWS, UPN, The Los Angeles Times and also The USA Today, about this situation. It very well may be that the fallout is not over yet.

I saw this from PWInsider too, and didn't see it in this thread, unless I overlooked it.

Christian Heintz of www.BSWW.de, who attended the WWE events this past weekend in Germany, sent along the following: 

There are a few things that should be explained concerning WWE Smackdown's events in Munich and Oberhausen last week.

Like being written on the net, John Layfield's antics in Munich were totally unacceptable. Not only did he walk like Hitler, he did his salute as well, so there was no doubt that JBL imitated the former emperor just for cheap heel heat. In case Bradshaw thinks that it is no problem for him to do that just because he's not German, then he's on the wrong path. There have been many cases in which foreigners have been criminally prosecuted by the public prosecutor's office in Germany. If the incident of Bradshaw behaving like a Nazi drew their attention, then it could very well have been JBL's last participation on a WWE tour in Germany. Taking into consideration what descendants of victims of the Third Reich must be thinking when they see someone like Bradshaw, who finds it funny to imitate the man who is responsible for the death of millions, it would probably be in WWE's best interests to not send Layfield to Germany again in the future.

At least WWE officials condemned Bradshaw's behavior in excuse notes via email. They prohibited Layfield from doing Hitler antics again in Oberhausen and assured that the incident will have consequences for him.

After word spread of the incident in Munich, reporters did wait in Oberhausen for Layfield to do the Hitler salute again. There is speculation here that Eddie Guerrero's surprising heel turn could have been an attempt by WWE booking to prevent such mannerisms from a heel Bradshaw and calm down people here in Germany who have been offended by JBL. (Note: As we have documented here on the site, Eddie's reactions and turning heel were not booked by WWE and were done by Eddie himself.)

One thing that is not true is the observation that Eddie Guerrero wasn't over in Oberhausen. Surely, Eddie wasn't as over as the Undertaker, but he did get a good pop from most of the fans, except for a few guys, a very small, albeit pretty audible group in the audience who insisted that "Eddie sucks". Guerrero seemed pretty offended by them and after a while took the mic to respond: "Eddie doesn't suck, Germany sucks!" After that the audience's reactions went absolutely downhill because fans didn't know what to do. They wanted to support Eddie (and many fans continued to do so), but Guerrero didn't play to the crowd anymore, and instead flipped them the bird.

After the main event, people couldn't believe that the show had just ended on a down note like that, so they waited for something to happen. It wasn't until security made sure the fans leave the arena they realized that that was indeed the end of the show in Oberhausen.

There were around 5,000 fans in Munich while Oberhausen was attended by around 4,500. WWE should have good revenues from the events because ticket prices were distinctly higher than in the United States. Of course the two events weren't a success like the previous year's shows in Cologne, which had fan festivals along with the events. Many fans wrote us that they missed having something like that in Munich and Oberhausen.

I thought Vince considered all publicity good publicity?

Which is why Bradshaw is your next WWE Champion.

Guest Goodear

Well this has nicely spiralled into a big non-issue that is getting way too much attention. Look I can see how people would be offended. I can see why people would think that this was in poor taste. But I cannot see people getting so up in arms over what is basically an ACTOR who is supposed to get people to boo him and is supposed to be a villain in a piece doing some of the mannerisms of Nazi Germany. By this same standard, Germany should be up in arms about Indiana Jones as well... or any other movie that has any reference to the Nazi party and that is simply rediculous.

The fact that goose stepping and the heil Hitler signal are illegal in Germany is a testament to a problem with Germany and nothing else.

Guest whitemilesdavis
Well this has nicely spiralled into a big non-issue that is getting way too much attention. Look I can see how people would be offended. I can see why people would think that this was in poor taste. But I cannot see people getting so up in arms over what is basically an ACTOR who is supposed to get people to boo him and is supposed to be a villain in a piece doing some of the mannerisms of Nazi Germany. By this same standard, Germany should be up in arms about Indiana Jones as well... or any other movie that has any reference to the Nazi party and that is simply rediculous.

The fact that goose stepping and the heil Hitler signal are illegal in Germany is a testament to a problem with Germany and nothing else.

Wow...yeah, I totally agree with that. Well said.

Look, I'm not gonna do the Nazi stuff, I work in an office, and I need to be respectable. But if I were a bad-guy wrestler, and my job was to make people hate me, I might. I'm sorry, but I'm just not offended by the whole "Your hometown sucks" thing. My hometown does kinda suck. So, a heel has to do something else if he wants me to hate him. Cheat? Faces do that now just as much as heels. Be mean and arrogant? Those are now qualities of the most popular wrestlers ever.

So, if this is out of bounds for a heel to do to generate heat, what should he do? What would make you hate a guy?

Guest JMA

Looking at this from Germany's POV, I can easily see why they'd want to ban goose-stepping and the heil Hitler gesture. Is it censorship? Yes. But I'm really not going to cry over it.

You still don't go into another country and wantonly break their laws.

Guest Goodear

I can see why, I just don't agree with it. All it really does is help drive the Nazi element that still exists (if there is any, I'm no expert on Germany) into the shadows where they can hide and slowly pervert things. I much prefer my idiots to be loud and proud so I know who they are and what they stand for rather than have them sit in dark rooms at night and be all festering. Its why I have no problem with the KKK still existing (you know, when they don't kill anyone)... it helps me know that this pecker over here is a racist prick that I don't need to associate with ever.

I didn't even know the symbols were illegal in Germany to be honest. Is this a piece of common knowledge that I missed or did everyone learn about it just now too?

Guest whitemilesdavis
Looking at this from Germany's POV, I can easily see why they'd want to ban goose-stepping and the heil Hitler gesture.

I don't get it. It's a hand in the air. That's it. Could be a wave or haling a Taxi. How do you ban people from putting their hand in the air?

And goose-stepping? What, do you measure the distance between the foot and the ground, and if the foot is high enough, and the knee isn't bent, you arrest the guy?

The laws are rediculous. Trust me when I say, I'm no Nazi, but if someone holds those beliefs, banning those moves isn't going to change the real problem. The real problem being that the guy is a moron.

I don't like to watch Bradshaw, because I think he's a crappy wrestler. I could care less what kind of useless laws he breaks in aforeign country.