TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MooreMark

Last Comic Standing 2!

I didn't know that tonight's show was going to be 2 hours. I only caught the first hour and last half of the second hour.

A lot more people should have got through from some cities. I might be the minority but I don't like Ant, he isn't funny.

People I do like..

Retha - First City..Sleeping with boyfriend schtick

Old Guy - Second last city

Ethopian girl, who I don't think got through..

Post your thoughts here.

I thought the best guy was the one who imitated his East Indian father (and talked about the KKK and the Boogeyman).

It's like Dat Phan, only funny.

I thought the best guy was the one who imitated his East Indian father (and talked about the KKK and the Boogeyman).

That almost sounds like Shawn Majunder's schtick - the East Indian Newfie.

I DO like the fact that they throw in some "name" comedians into the mix, but I'm skipping the open calls because, unlike American Idol, it's not very amusing when a comedian sucks.

Still, it's something to look out for later on in the season...

Dat Phan was okay. He had his moments, anyway. Of course, watching his Comedy Central special pretty much reveals how little material he has. Rich Vos or Dave Mordal should have won, though.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I just found it funny how as they were picking the people to go on after they did the set in the comedy club, I would see other established comedians that I have seen before......and are way funnier.

Dat Phan just never made me laugh ... it was hard watching his bits, so when he won, it really left me with a sour taste in my mouth. So, I watched parts of last night's episode, but doubt that I'll watch too much of this season. (especially if Norton gets eliminated ... his "I have the sex appeal of Leukemia" was the funniest thing I heard all night.)

I have to say that seeing guys who have already had Comedy Central specials in the mix kind of ruins the fun for me. It's kind of like if AJ Styles tried out for Tough Enough. A little bit unfair.

I have to say that seeing guys who have already had Comedy Central specials in the mix kind of ruins the fun for me. It's kind of like if AJ Styles tried out for Tough Enough. A little bit unfair.

EXACTLY. I agree with you 100%.

What is Jim Norton doing there?

The show is pretty much for ANY comedian, so people like Jim Norton, Rich Vos, Dave Mordal and Bonnie McFarlane (who I think had a CTV comedy special) can and should try out.

There is truth to that but the difference with this show and Tough Enough is that they're not trying to teach these guys how to be funny.

I personally found Dat to be pretty funny, imo. Between him and big dood, I was happy.

I liked Dat until he started repeating his jokes and relying on talking about his parents a too much. The Mortal Kombat joke he did was awesome.

Guest Dynamite Kido
I personally found Dat to be pretty funny, imo.  Between him and big dood, I was happy.

I liked Dat until he started repeating his jokes and relying on talking about his parents a too much. The Mortal Kombat joke he did was awesome.

I actually thought Dat was funny until he kept doing that goddamned accent everytime he was on stage. That REALLY got old fast.....

Listening to Dat do that obnoxious accent for 90% of his act was like listening to Gilbert Godfried talk.

It wasn’t funny. It was just annoying.

Listening to Dat do that obnoxious accent for 90% of his act was like listening to Gilbert Godfried talk.

It wasn’t funny. It was just annoying.

At least Godfried does a killer Seinfeld impersonation. Dat Phan MIGHT be able to do Scotty Nguyen...

My problem with the first season was that they brought it down to Ralphie May and Dat Phan who were both very limited in their jokes. Dat Phan was mostly about being Asian and Ralphie May was mostly about being fat. I like that they picked Dat over Ralphie, it's just that 2 or 3 of the other guys were much funnier.

Guest Wildbomb 4:20

They definitely fucked up by not picking Pablo Francisco *Mexican singer jokes* He does do a lot of ethnic humor, but he also has done a ton of other material. He's fucking hilarious, and I'm pissed they didn't pick him to go to Vegas. Then again, he has had a Comedy Central Presents, so maybe they're trying to avoid picking many of those guys this time around.

Ugh.

They passed up the hilarious Paul Vargheese and Pablo Fransisco for some lousy women. I know they didn't want all of the same gender in the house, but they've already got Ant to balance it out.

Ant, by the way, was on the hilarious comedy "Unhappily Ever After". I miss Mr. Floppy.

Anyways, I'm glad Jim Norton is in. That was probably the best set so far.

"THIS is why I can't pay my rent! *smooch*"

What I don't understand is this a Pro-Am or what and I can see that the judges can be bias...........there is no way that Collin and Voss would not vote for Norton.

I agree with Pablo Francisco that guy is funny, I missed his set, did he do the catfight jokes? He is great with the voices too bad he did not make it to the next round.

OMG Ant was the gay guy in on "Unhappily Ever After"? Damn.

Jay London looks like a scarey Tiny Tim clone.

Yeah, I just said that to my friend as well. As soon as I saw him, the first thing I thought of was "Tiptoe through the Tulips".

That Sharon chick...when they showed the jokes she was gonna do, you know something was gonna go wrong.

And last season I was rooting for Dat, mainly because I was Viet as well. OMG I RACIST!