TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Junkyard Willie

WWE Title At It's Most Worthless State Ever?

How about Hulk Hogan's reign from WrestleMania IX to King of the Ring '93? I would say the World title was at it's most worthless point then, and as bad as Smackdown has been lately a change in champion isn't going to hurt it anymore. And as far as not reaching WCW levels yet, WWE put their title on Vince McMahon half a year before WCW gave it to David Arquette or Vince Russo. Hell, Shane McMahon came close to defeating Triple H in '99 or '00 for the title, so it's not like there was any prestige left anyway.

Atleast Bradshaw is a WRESTLER, and I use that term loosely here. They haven't hit WCW stupid just yet.

arquettechamp.jpg

Good point.

Guest Ray

Good lord, stop overreacting kids. This isn't the end of the world.

Big Show won the title in 2002, and everyone thought it was the worst thing ever. Then Angle won it and faced Benoit and everything was fine again.

Guest Benno

1. JBL's character is gold

2. Damn it realy is true when people on here say "this guys not over", they actually mean "i don't like him", bradshaw is pretty damn over as a heel, as is his feud with eddy

3. it's a great feud, well played by all parties, and bradshaw getting the belt on a technicality gives it new life for eddy to take the belt back and end the feud at summerslam, which i personally can't wait for, as theyve had 2 good matches already and eddy taking the belt back should be the perfect end to it and i'm sure it should be another good brutal match...

4. Who else is there to give it to than bradshaw for eddy to face in a challenger roll, taker? who wants to see that? rvd? did you see how pisspoor he was last night? booker t? stale as hell and boring also and john cena is no more ready for it than bradshaw...

5. yeah smackdown sucks right now but i can't be the only one who thinks this feud is one of the only brightspots...

What do you mean at it's most worhtless state?

It's only just reaching it's peak!

Ladies and gentlemen, THE LEGACIES OF THE WWF & NWA/WCW TITLES LIVE ON!

title1.jpgtitle2.jpgtitle3.jpgtitle4.jpg

bradshaw.jpg

wtitle1.jpgwtitle2.jpgwtitle3.jpgwtitle4.jpg

:throwup: SD is hopeless.

To me Bradshawn having the world title is right on par with David Arquette winning the WCW title.....

Bradshaw is the David Arquette of the WWF/E Title.

It could be worse. The title could be around the waist of Rikishi or Job Holly.

Well, ok, maybe the title couldn't actually be around the waist of Rikishi, but you know what I mean.

On the other hand, Smackdown also has Booker T, RVD and Mysterio. All of these people could be perceived as title threats if they just used them correctly and would make far better champs than Bradshow. And two of them could put on wicked programs with Eddie.

Of course, only one of them is a heel, and he was jobbed mercilessly to the Undertaker.

Bradshaw has the least muscular male breasts since Ric Flair

At least Flair can use the excuse that hes over 50 years old.

Guest Astro
Bradshaw has the least muscular male breasts since Ric Flair

At least Flair can use the excuse that hes over 50 years old.

Flair's pic was from 1983

Bradshaw having the title does not really bother me because I know he will just be a lame duck champion. I predict Eddy will have regain his title within the next month. They will wrestle in a 3rd gimmick match on a heavily promoted Smackdown.

One new option for Summerslam is to have John Bradshaw Layfield defend the WWE Title against Eddie Guerrero and The Undertaker. Undertaker would play a tweener role in the match and the angle would be that nobody knows whether he will end up being good 'Taker or evil 'Taker.

Credit: PWTorch.com

Guest SoZe

I'm so dissapointed right now. The only reason Bradshaw has the belt is because Vince refuses to admit he was wrong. I admit that he has been cutting effective promos, but Jesus, has Vince ever watched a match of his??

Smackdown has been downright AWFUL ever since Mania, and I have'nt watched it at all in the last few months. Ever since Vince "gifted" Bradshaw this push, I've been unable to watch the show, and I am a diehard fan. I just stupidly assumed that this program would be over soon, and maybe we could have a challenger who might, you know, not suck huge amounts of dick. Booker not only deserves it, but the fans would totally buy it too.

Why does it seem like Vince is PURPOSELY trying to kill SD?? If I was hired to make the show worse than it already is, I'm not sure if I could do it.

i doubt he's purposely trying to kill his own show...i just think that in Vince's own little warped mind everything is going just fine and dandy over there, no reason to worry...

Guest Repo Man Reborn
Undertaker would play a tweener role in the match and the angle would be that nobody knows whether he will end up being good 'Taker or evil 'Taker.

Nor does anyone care.....

How could the writing for this show get so bad?

I think it's pretty clear Eddy's going to win the belt back before Summerslam. I don't have a HUGE problem with this switch, but doing it on a show that was already this awful was bad, and doing it with a Dusty fnish was even worse.

If JBL is champ beyond Summerslam, then I'll start really complaining.

The main problem with Bradshaw is he hasn't really had a breakthrough win before getting his title shot. He "earned" that by Kurt Angle giving him the shot, then had a DQ win and a pin on passed-out Eddie, which no-one actually takes seriously. I've been given no reason to see Bradshaw as a genuine title contender, and now he's the champion

One new option for Summerslam is to have John Bradshaw Layfield defend the WWE Title against Eddie Guerrero and The Undertaker. Undertaker would play a tweener role in the match and the angle would be that nobody knows whether he will end up being good 'Taker or evil 'Taker.

How can you be a tweener after you commit murder?

:huh:

Guest Quik

Allright, maybe God will intervene at this point, strike JBL dead and end this reign. Or maybe the collective souls of a million holocaust victims will rise up and fuck Bradshaw's shit up for indirectly using them for some cheap heat.

Or maybe a rabid smark will kill him. I don't know; but either way, this thing isn't gonna end in a pretty way.

It could be worse. The title could be around the waist of Rikishi or Job Holly.

How is that worse? I could actually buy those guys as champs (or, at least, they look life they could be champs), whereas Bradshaw brings nothing to the table except an uncanny ability to sound like a jerk (i.e. play himself).

And so the focus would be on Undertaker, and not the belt.

Vince should just take a big dump on the belt and be done with it.