TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Marney: RIP

Good riddance, ho.

Josh has done more in 3 days to clean this joint up than anyone in 3 years. Kudos. Hopefully now we can finish off the rest of the CE drones. Folks, quit talking your interneting so seriously, or you'll end up like sweet 'ol Marney. She was crazy. Ill finally slayed the BEAST, and I love him for it. Unfortunately I won't be around as I want to bask in this glorious occasion, but people please, please celebrate for me. This is a monumental occasion. Share your memories, threads, and feelings about the tender cyber butterfly, Marney.

Hey Josh, who's on the on-deck circle?

Choken One.

I knew it, thank you buddy.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I enjoyed the thread I started about Marney having a crush on me. That was one of the few times Marney really came off as cool to me.

Before everyone gets up in a rage...

My intention honestly was not to cause Marney to leave. I was just screwing around, and I guess because of something that happened previously she decided now was a good time to make her exit.

And like I said in feedback... if anyone's got any real serious issues about anything that's going on, I'm open to discussing them via PM or AIM.

-Josh

Marney's departure is made sweeter by how it happened. Despite all of the ill shit, no pun intended, that has gone down here in the past few years, it was THIS that finally drove her away. Something so insignificant.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I wouldn't call a mod editing her posts to be something minor. I think she thought what Ill did was the same mod starting up with her again and she had had enough. She overreacted to Ill just messing around but I can see why she'd be really upset about a mod changing her posts for no reason.

What was your problem with her, Banky? I'm just wondering.

Rigidly uptight about her internetting.

I'm too smart for her, too.

ummm, I must have missed the memo: what exactly happened to Marney?

She went coo-coo ca-ca

Wow. That came out of left field.

She did make a point though. Unless someone is cool with having their account messed with (MikeSC, Choken, etc.), it shouldn't be done *shudders to think of what will be replacing "Fry Mumia..."*

Guest Agent of Oblivion

For those wondering, the offending mod was me, apparently, and the only editing I did, to ONE fuckin' post, was bolded something that everyone read as a double entendre anyway, in the friggin' General Chat folder in a thread about WEIGHT LOSS. It's not like I changed some spiel of hers to a chapter of Mein Kampf or the Communist Manifesto, or something blatantly spiteful like that. She pmed me being mildly irate about it, and completely out of character for me, I actually DID apologize. If she wants to jump to conclusions and grouse about it, whatever. Not my fuckin' fault.

What was your problem with her, Banky? I'm just wondering.

IIRC, the mods made a rule stating that anybody posting to get a reaction could be considered a troll. Marney made a post stating that Banky was a troll, and because of that he was banned for it (tho he was let back in when he helped out during the big crash). So that may have caused some of the friction.

Guest Salacious Crumb
After all the flaming, all of the fear she (somehow) inspired in posters here, all it took was the editing of ONE insignificant post to get rid of Marney, proving, in the end, that she is truly, only a woman.

And she has cooties right?

Guest Salacious Crumb

Yeah, I'm sure it would be really hard to get rid of all 5 of them.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Nope, can't have that. Don't want to offend Yami Bakura by daring to allow females of any kind to post on this board.

Eh, Marney never really bothered me. Technically, she didn't do much for me one way or another, so not much will change with her leaving. However, if this becomes a trend where people that have been here for a long while start leaving, the intraweb will start to be teh suck and stuff.

And I'd like to mention that I think it's funny to warn people not to take their interneting too seriously but yet caring enough to start a thread celebrating someone's departure. Methinks that's taking the internet a bit too seriously.

Please, not TSA!

Where will I go to get bad sexual advice?!

Seriously, like Inc said, I had no real problem with her, but if she wants to blow up over this... meh.

Eh, Marney never really bothered me. However, if this becomes a trend where people that have been here for a long while start leaving, the intraweb will start to be teh suck and stuff.

And I'd like to mention that I think it's funny to warn people not to take their interneting too seriously but yet caring enough to start a thread celebrating someone's departure. Methinks that's taking the internet a bit too seriously.

What N said,

thats how I feel.

Guest Dids

Your both wrong.

To you think Banky actually cares if she's gone or not? All this shit is just for our entertaining, and I think it's entertaining as fuck to see the mods fuck with those who are too uptite, or are just plain idiots. What Ill has done for this board in the past week has been fantastic.

There's a huge difference between "Yay, somebody dumb (not to say that she's dumb, but I think she's got fucked political views and lousy debate tactics- see the "wrestlers vs. marines thread") is gone." and "You have offended me and I'm leaving and never coming back".

One of the benefits of a board like this is that you don't have to be all freedom of speach and shit. If somebody's bringing nothing to the table, you can get rid of their ass. Folks have been far to nice to the 'tards that pollute this place, and I'm overjoyed to see that Ill and AoO are doing something about it.

Dids, I have no issues with the mods deleting people and whatnot. If someone deserves to get banned - even if it is just for overall stupidity - then it's cool with me to have them banned. But if Marney leaving is the beginning of a trend & other 'established' posters leave (rather than this just being an isolated incident) then I think it'll suck, and the board will suffer as a result.

And I stand by my statement that Banky takes his interneting a bit too seriously.