TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

TV Shows on DVD...

I just started a membership with Netflix and I want to rent TV shows on DVD. I just rented "Freaks and Geeks," which is an AWESOME show, and I am going to rent "Nip/Tuck" next.

What other TV shows should I rent?

Thanks.

Oz. It's such a great show. I think it might take a few eps to get into, so you can get everyone down and whatnot. But it's worth getting. Seasons 1-3 are out on DVD now.

It depends on what your tastes are

I agree.

I'd say that as long as it interests you, put it on your list. Or if "you've heard it's good", put it down.

But as long as you're taking suggestions...

Sliders (out in August, I think)

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Robotech

Power Rangers: The Ultimate Ranger Collection (...what?)

Dark Angel

Batman: The Animated Series

Playmakers

The Joe Schmoe Show

Batman: The Animated Series - Just finished the 4th disc, some of the episode are just absoulutely amazing for 22 minutes.

Guest Askewniverse

The Sopranos - it's one of my favorite TV shows ever. Some people find the show to be overrated, but I love it.

I really enjoy the Saved by the Bell DVD's I have seasons 1-4 on DVD and they are great even though I have seen every episode like 1,000 times each.

Thanks.

I gotta say that the first season of Home Movies will rule, when it comes out on 11/19.

I guess Family Guy is just expected?

The Home Movies tho, that'll just be great. The first season was just full of great improvised moments, and I can't wait to see the extras.

Guest combat_rock

Seasons two and three of Buffy the Vampire Slayer for sure. And if you like those, the others as well.

Rocky And Bullwinkle

I don't know how Next Gen fares on DVD, but Star Trek: The Next Generation and I personally always liked Hercules: The Legendary Journeys(can;t speak for the DVD of that either)

if you're willing to try some anime: Slayers, Azumanga Daioh, Excel Saga, and Lupin the Third(Azu and Lupin haven't finished being released)

Seasons two and three of Buffy the Vampire Slayer for sure. And if you like those, the others as well.

Yeah, Mole, you might want to check those out. :lol:

Quantum Leap

Quantum Leap

I was thinking of giving that show a chance.

Guest thebigjig

The West Wing seasons 1 & 2

The scene in the second season finale (two cathedrals) where Bartlett has a conversation with God at the National Cathedral where he calls him a "son of a bitch" and a "feckless thug" is one of the most powerful things I've seen in dramatic television

Guest DVD Spree

Go for seasons one and two of Due South. The discs are totally barebones but, fuck it, it's DUE SOUTH.

If you haven't already, and if NetFlix carries it, get Simpsons seasons 3 and 4, as these are two of the best seasons in the show's history.

Just got the first 3 discs of Alias season 1, only one episode in so far but I'm liking it :)

Ahh, Alias.

Thanks, that is coming after Nip/Tuck.

Guest Showstoppa Icon

i really got into Alias after i got the first 2 seasons on DVD, its a great show

also, i never hear it mentioned but SportsNight is one of my favorite series of all time which is out on dvd even though its pretty bareboned.

The West Wing seasons 1 & 2

The scene in the second season finale (two cathedrals) where Bartlett has a conversation with God at the National Cathedral where he calls him a "son of a bitch" and a "feckless thug" is one of the most powerful things I've seen in dramatic television

Ah, my favorite scene in the series.

Great show.

I own both seasons 1 and 2 of both The Shield and 24. Both are great.

The Wire seasons 1 and 2 SO need to be on DVD. I have seen both seasons twice over and would watch them again. Most underrated TV series right now. The Wire was built to be viewed on DVD, just like 24.

Why are people reccomending Simpsons and Married With Children? Seriously, you can see reruns of either 3 or 4 times a day. I don't really think those are the kinds of shows he had in mind.

Quantum Leap

I was thinking of giving that show a chance.

I don't know. Buffy might not fit your tastes Mole.