TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dazed

The OAO SummerSlam 2004 Thread

Guest Dids

What you're missing (aside from the ability to spell "the") is that I think Eugene's move into this event was very well booked. They did a fantastic job of setting this up, and I think it's a shame that that's being ignored.

A big HHH chant now...

I dont know about any of you, but HHH is the man right now, his working, his demeanor. He's putting it all together

How so?

He is supposed to be the monster heel. Seeing that Eugene is getting a considerable amount of boos, and Triple H is getting a good portion of cheers, Hunter should be trying to switch the crowd response any way he can.

Considering just how God-almighty hip and cool these Canadian fans are, suckering Eugene with the classic heel manuevers isn't going to get the job done. The fans here WANT to see that, and that will only make them want to cheer HHH well. Meanwhile, seeing Eugene get manipulated so easily will only get him even more boos.

Hunter needs to be playing to the crowd at this point. Get a little spontaneous. Pick up the microphone and start insulting everyone in the crowd. Start screaming at the nearby fans! Do something that will get the fans back on Eugene's side! Don't keep continuing the same shit that's been getting Eugene booed from the beginning of the match!

In my opinion, Hunter isn't pulling ANYTHING together here so far.

Come on, HHH, pedigree that motherfucker already!!! Where's the fucking sledgehammer at?!!

Guest JMA
Is there any chance that they'll cheer from JBL over Taker???

That would piss me off. However, Undertaker does have the whole "legend" thing going on, so he may get cheered.

I'm most curious as to how Benoit will be greeted by the crowd.

Guest Staravenger

Did Eugene actually do the discuss punch? I didn't see.

This crowd is REALLY fucking dumb. They CHEER the stunner, then start booing again. MAKE UP YOUR FUCKING MINDS.

That would piss me off. However, Undertaker does have the whole "legend" thing going on, so he may get cheered.

I'm sure the will get a godlike reaction..while Orton gets booed out of the building.

And Eugene a mania! ??

I'm hoping good as long as he's not announced being from Atlanta.

Guest Staravenger

Triple just no sold...

The Rock Bottom

The Stunner

The Hogan Leg Drop

WHAT NEXT?!!

A big HHH chant now...

I dont know about any of you,  but HHH is the man right now, his working, his demeanor.  He's putting it all together

How so?

He is supposed to be the monster heel. Seeing that Eugene is getting a considerable amount of boos, and Triple H is getting a good portion of cheers, Hunter should be trying to switch the crowd response any way he can.

Considering just how God-almighty hip and cool these Canadian fans are, suckering Eugene with the classic heel manuevers isn't going to get the job done. The fans here WANT to see that, and that will only make them want to cheer HHH well. Meanwhile, seeing Eugene get manipulated so easily will only get him even more boos.

Hunter needs to be playing to the crowd at this point. Get a little spontaneous. Pick up the microphone and start insulting everyone in the crowd. Start screaming at the nearby fans! Do something that will get the fans back on Eugene's side! Don't keep continuing the same shit that's been getting Eugene booed from the beginning of the match!

In my opinion, Hunter isn't pulling ANYTHING together here so far.

I wasn't referring to tonight though, so thanks anyway.

I meant lately in general

The guys not gonna pick up the mic in the middle of a PPV and insult the fans in the middle of a match...Thats house show shit

Guest Tjhe CyNick
This crowd is starting to bore me.

Hooray, Canada knows how to boo the faces. That's wonderful....

So they should cheer guys just because the WWE tells them to? I think the T-dot fans are smart. Most people feel Edge sucks, so they boo him. Most people think the Eugene character dfoesn't belong in a main event program, so he gets booed in that spot. And as for Angle, well he should be cheered at all times. The dumb fans are the ones who go "yeaaaaaa that guy is from my hometown yeaaaa I should cheer him yeaaaa I'm special"

i would think that, but these fans are just booing all the faces, because THEY R SOOO COOOOL

Wrong!

I live in Toronto, and I know the majority of the audience is smart to the business. They just cheer who they like, regardless of face-heel stuff. Which makes sense. Why should you cheer for a guy just because he's a "good guy"? Didn't Vince McMahon tell us in '97 those days were long gone?

Like I said, I dont think anyone can argue with booing Edge and Eugene because their characters both suck.

As for Eddie, as has been pointed out, Angle is just beloved in Toronto, so the fans aren't really against Eddie, they are just more pro Angle.

Nah. Toronto respects the legends I believe. And why would they cheer JBL? They cheered Y2J instead of Edge because Jericho is a face. They cheered Angle because he's good. They cheered Triple H because they don't like the Eugene character. There is really no reason to cheer JBL, unless they hate the Undertaker character that much, which I doubt.

Guest Staravenger

REGAL MOTHERFUCKERS! Flair felt the power of the punch!

And Regal turns heel....I bet.

Triple just no sold...

The Rock Bottom

The Stunner

The Hogan Leg Drop

WHAT NEXT?!!

Isn't it obvious?

The Warrior Gorilla Press.

He has to get SOME retribution for that!

Guest Dids

You know, I like Eugene, but I'd like it if he'd actually get his own finisher. I suggest... Ganzo Bomb.

Hmmm..I don't know if they're just booing faces cheering heels...or just the people they dont like lol. Kind of a mixed reaction for regal..cuz half the fans are trying to chant with the crowd..while not knowing what teh rest of the crowd is gonna chant lmao.

This crowd is starting to bore me.

Hooray, Canada knows how to boo the faces. That's wonderful....

So they should cheer guys just because the WWE tells them to? I think the T-dot fans are smart. Most people feel Edge sucks, so they boo him. Most people think the Eugene character dfoesn't belong in a main event program, so he gets booed in that spot. And as for Angle, well he should be cheered at all times. The dumb fans are the ones who go "yeaaaaaa that guy is from my hometown yeaaaa I should cheer him yeaaaa I'm special"

i would think that, but these fans are just booing all the faces, because THEY R SOOO COOOOL

Wrong!

I live in Toronto, and I know the majority of the audience is smart to the business. They just cheer who they like, regardless of face-heel stuff. Which makes sense. Why should you cheer for a guy just because he's a "good guy"? Didn't Vince McMahon tell us in '97 those days were long gone?

Like I said, I dont think anyone can argue with booing Edge and Eugene because their characters both suck.

As for Eddie, as has been pointed out, Angle is just beloved in Toronto, so the fans aren't really against Eddie, they are just more pro Angle.

i agree with them being smart. but i really thought they were booing eddie as well.

William Regal gets a nice pop

Seriously, I dont wanna see this guy doing a

1)Rock Bottom

2) People's Elbow

3) Stunner

4) PEdigree

5) Leg Drop

I mean he's just doing all other wrestlers finishers, so friggin annoying

HHH vs. Eugene: Eugene gets booed. HHH no sells the Rock Bottom, the Stunner, and Hogan leg drop. Flair interferes, but Regal knocks him out. HHH hits the Pedigree on his third try for the pin at 14:00. Okayish match but nothing memorable. **1/2 or so maybe?

Guest Tjhe CyNick

I would expect both Taker and Benoit will get cheered. Taker is respected as a legend, and Benoit is respected for being a hard worker and being from Canada helps (he's the closest thing to Bret V2).

Orton might get some cheers, btu I would expect Benoit chants to reign supreme.

I cant see anyone cheering for JBL over Taker though.