TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dazed

The OAO SummerSlam 2004 Thread

Guest Staravenger

I said sheep because of the way it was described. A group of people boo someone, then eventually everyone is booing, just because.

Where's Ken Shamrock when you need him.......

Taker could get some credibility by having a match with Ken and submitting him with a beautiful flying Triangle Choke

No, it wouldn't. Nobody cares about Shamrock and nobody has for a long while.

Eh, I wasn't really serious about that you know.

But, thanks for killing my 2000th post, you bastard ;)

Bradshaw's the WWE Champion.

Randy Orton's the World Heavyweight Champion.

Hmm.

Yes, I know. I can already hear the smarks tuning up their bitch wagons.

Depends. Will HHH still be the star of the Raw brand? Will Benoit be buried or no?

As for JBL as champ--it's Smackdown's title. Who the **** cares?

The show came off as awful due to the embarassing Toronto "fans" who ruined the TV audience's enjoyment.

THUS, because of Toronto, casual fans will not soon order another show, especially a "big show" such as SSlam, since they feel they wasted $35 on something that sucked.

Guest Bitterness the Star

Sledgehammer, I think that even the dumbest of marks can distinguish between a bastard crowd and a shitty PPV.

Undertaker really should've put JBL over.

There's no reason to drag this out for another month.

They need a No Mercy main event.

And then they'll probably do 'Taker/Eddy at Survivor Series, presuming that it will be a normal joint show.

They'd have to turn Undertaker heel, wouldn't they?

Is that even possible? If murdering your manager doesn't turn you heel, what will?

Sledgehammer, I think that even the dumbest of marks can distinguish between a bastard crowd and a shitty PPV.

Thing is, it WASN'T a shitty PPV - the crowd at the Great American Bash was 10 times better than Toronto tonight, and THAT was a shitty PPV. It was definitely a bastard crowd, I think.

The show came off as awful due to the embarassing Toronto "fans" who ruined the TV audience's enjoyment.

THUS, because of Toronto, casual fans will not soon order another show, especially a "big show" such as SSlam, since they feel they wasted $35 on something that sucked.

Wrong wrong wrong.

The heels going over in the main events probably would be a bigger deterrent.

I still don't understand what you want- should the crowds be going crazy at every PPV? The Toronto fans didn't like what they saw and reacted accordingly.

If they put together a bad card for Unforgiven- people will not order the show. Not because people in Toronto were vocal for a different person.

Guest deadbeater

The only way to make up for this debacle is to have a big Raw tommorow.

One big problem with Raw is to much time for the Diva wannabes, and the current Divas not taking it out on them.

Another big problem is that Eugene is genuinely showing up all the other wrestlers, as he should; but, except for Regal, everyone else is staying complacent.

Third, the Toronto crowd tonight was a poor, poor imitaiton of Phiadelphia and Tijuana fans.

Whenever crediblity is restored to the once prestigious title, that's when I'll care again. ;)

And then they'll probably do 'Taker/Eddy at Survivor Series, presuming that it will be a normal joint show.

Is that even possible? If murdering your manager doesn't turn you heel, what will?

If murdering your manager AND murdering your parents by setting your house on fire doesnt make you a heel forever....than what does?

I really liked Angle/Eddy and I'm suprised to see that many on the net were disappointed with it. It was different from any WWE match in a long long time. It wasn't just about throwing a million suplexes and doing a ton of false finishes. From the get go, both guys went for the kill, they used their finishers AND the other man's finishers and did desperate counters to try and survive, like the raking the face and the knee to the groin to get out of the ankle lock. The match showed that the two were so familar with each other that they had to go for suprises and desperate, yet well calculated moves to win. It played of the WM match with the loose boot and it showed Angle needed to be smarter to win this time, as he couldn't let Eddy Cheat to win (at least that is how a took the loose boot deal). Angle's selling of his ankle was good, for awhile, and then he sort of forgot it near the end of the match. This match told a very unique story, one that hasn't been seen in the WWE in a long, long time, if ever. I think it was better than their WM match.

I think most people were disappointed in the length of the match and not the match itself. I just saw it again and i liked it even more the second time. However it was still too short for my liking.

After tonight I demand an Angle/Undertaker WWE title match somewhere down the line.

The only time the crowd truly pissed me off was during the UT/JBL match because the match was really good(until the finish) and they totally took away from it.

Guest Staravenger
C-Bacon is being inducted into the SMARK HALL OF FAME for the "Lita is a Dumas" sign. It was PERFECT. Right place, Right time. BIG props.

I agree, judging by the description. I turned away at that point and MISSED IT. Thank God for VCR's.

Yeah, I rethought and edited that post.

res, I agree with you - I'm just saying that they should be able to tell that the crowd dimmed the PPV.

Yeah, I rethought and edited that post.

res, I agree with you - I'm just saying that they should be able to tell that the crowd dimmed the PPV.

Ah, gotcha . . . I'm a little slow tonight . . . .

My bad. :P

Whenever crediblity is restored to the once prestigious title, that's when I'll care again. ;)

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Yeah, throw it in the trash and call it a day

Meltzer says the dodgeball stuff was actually a shoot? HA HA! The wwe divas losing to non-athletic bimbos. Great for the image Vince.

Hmmmmmm....Was Gail Kim shooting when she jumped at the ball with her face. that was so blatant.

Guest Staravenger
Meltzer says the dodgeball stuff was actually a shoot? HA HA! The wwe divas losing to non-athletic bimbos. Great for the image Vince.

THATS GOTTA BE FALSE! I saw like 6 instances where the Diva Searchers got hit but weren't called out, yet Gail Kim I think JUMPED INTO ONE.

Either it was a fake shoot, or a fucking horrible fix.

I figured it would almost have to be a shoot - it would take all damned day to rig a dodgeball game and make it look even remotely real. Anyway, real or rigged, it was a waste of time . . .

I don't think it matters. People have come to accept pro wrestling as "fake", so this should be no different.

Any ideas?

I refuse to give up hope.

What exactly is wrong with the WWE title? We've had Brock and Eddie as the champs this year, and only recently has Bradshaw won it, and even with that a good bit of people here have started to accept Bradshaw and have even started to like the guy.

Any ideas?

I refuse to give up hope.

Ok, here's an idea then...

Have Eddie beat JBL for the title at Survivor Series.....he holds onto it until WM21 where he faces Kurt Angle in a 2 out of 3 falls match, Angle wins title. Holds onto it until SummerSlam 05.............in a little over one year you have only two title changes, and the last two are by worthy title holders.

What exactly is wrong with the WWE title? We've had Brock and Eddie as the champs this year, and only recently has Bradshaw won it, and even with that a good bit of people here have started to accept Bradshaw and have even started to like the guy.

Agreed. More people accept him as champ than some on here would have you believe. Toronto is really the only crowd that has shit on him since he won the title. It's pretty easy to tell the difference between legit heel heat and a crowd full of assholes.