TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dazed

The OAO SummerSlam 2004 Thread

At Unforgiven I'd do Orton vs. Benoit 2/3 falls. Benoit has to get a rematch, right? And if the long term build is for Orton/HHH at Wrestlemania, they can't feud quite yet. But the angle should be surprisingly interesting. RAW looks better than Smackdown to me at this point, except for the Diva bullshit.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Alright, who do you guys think will be Orton's opponent for his first title defence?

Edge, but do a double turn and have Edge join Evolution and have Randy get bounced out.

I still think they should have had Benoit win this month because Orton makes a mistake (veteran over inexperience), then Orton learns from the mistake and wins next month.

But, they had their mind set on it, so it was going to be done regardless. Now they have to switch focus...

Who am I kidding. The focus will remain the same, on HHH and Orton, where it always has been. But, if it makes them money, I won't criticize them for it because that's their goal. I just think they could have made more money doing it my way.

Jason

Guest bigm350

I thought it was a good match. As was said earlier Benoit put him over cleanly right in the middle. Now let's start the slooooooooow burn for the HHH-Orton WM 21 ME.

You can thank me for the following:

"MUGATaker"

"Lita is a Dumas".

Good job, Chris (C-Bacon).

Taker/JBL rocked the fucking fuck. Plus the crowd was great. Toronto 0wns you all. In two weeks "Spanish Table" chants will pop up.

MOTN: JBL vs Taker. ROLLING. LEG. LOCK.

Guest Joe_G
Fine. Youngest to hold a heavyweight championship.

Nope. Lou Thesz and Kerry Von Erich were younger than Randy when they won the NWA title. So Randy's the youngest to hold a WWE world title.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
You can thank me for the following:

"MUGATaker"

"Lita is a Dumas".

Good job, Chris (C-Bacon).

Taker/JBL rocked the fucking fuck. Plus the crowd was great. Toronto 0wns you all. In two weeks "Spanish Table" chants will pop up.

MOTN: JBL vs Taker. ROLLING. LEG. LOCK.

Hey, hey, hey I should get a co-credit (along with DEAN) for pimping the name a lot before you suggested it.

Did they really show a sign that said that on PPV?

Guest Staravenger
Plus the crowd was great. Toronto 0wns you all. In two weeks "Spanish Table" chants will pop up.

No offense, but go fuck yourself and every other "dumas" person from Toronto.

I'd do Orton/Benoit at Unforgiven. Then Orton/Edge (since Edge beat Orton for the IC title and should turn heel anyways) in October/November. Someone else at the Rumble, and then Trips at Wrestlemania.

Although that might mean HHH might win the Royal Rumble...oh well, I'm looking too far ahead. :)

Guest DeathBecomesYou
"Lita is a Dumas".

If you came up with that sign, my hats off to you, it gave me good laugh. Especially as the camera picked it up as Lita had a hissy fit and ran away :lol: .

Jesus Christmas, people are taking the crowd tonight to the heart.

It is simple as this: they were bored. The PPV sucked, they entertained themselves.

Everyone sounds like a bunch of herbs.

Guest Bitterness the Star

The difference between this crowd and the WrestleMania XX crowd was that they were more about taking the piss out of Brock Lesnar and Goldberg, because they knew that both were leaving, but when it came to something such as WWE Championship match, they a had bit of respect.

This crowd? A Mexican fucking wave during a WWE Championship? That's just asinine.

I haven't been in the thread at all tonight, so I don't know what everyone else thought, but I really enjoyed the show, with only HHH-Eugene disappointing. I bored for just about the entire match, until Regal came out... that lasted about 5 seconds, though. I loved the Benoit-Orton match, and I give it about ****. Another viewing might change that more or less, though. Even Taker vs. JBL was decent. Angle-Eddie was basically what I was expecting. It wasn't bad at all, but their match at WM XX was better, IMO.

Guest Staravenger

OK, my hate for Toronto is done with...for now. I'm gonna have to dub the tape for someone else so :angry:

Although that might mean HHH might win the Royal Rumble...oh well, I'm looking too far ahead.

:throwup:

Jesus Christmas, people are taking the crowd tonight to the heart.

It is simple as this: they were bored. The PPV sucked, they entertained themselves.

Everyone sounds like a bunch of herbs.

Agreed.

Meltz was saying in his reports the show was a disappointment, and it seems like the crowd agrees. Everyone and their mother has said JBL is one of the worst champs in WWE history, and then when the crowd turns on his match you guys get all up in arms. Somewhere in there logic exists, I just cant seem to find it. My bad, I guess.

The crowd was just full of assholes. The UT/Bradshaw match was fine.

Guest Bitterness the Star

If they can make a moment like that after essentially a throw-together feud, imagine what could be made out of Triple H and Randy Orton in the WrestleMania 21 main event spotlight.

Is Anglesault on suicide watch?

Despite the fact that I feel Orton is too early in his career to be the world champion, I don't want his reign to be transitional so he can just hand it to HHH. Give him a few months, at least until Survivor Series or even Royal Rumble.

I'm glad he won, and he won clean, which means a whole lot in these days of run ins, ref bumps and cheap DQ's.

Guest Staravenger
Hey, Starvenger, I found a cure for what ails ya.

23349.gif

I said don't take offense...but the crowd was pretty fucking bad.

When did they show the Lita sign?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Alright. Someone explain to me MUGATaker, please.

"Lita is a Dumas" is pretty cute.

MUGA is a style of wrestling that was invented by Tatsumi Fujinami (you may know him as the man who beat Ric Flair for the NWA Championship in Japan in 91), and focuses on basic wrestling holds and both combatants' in-ring histories. The MUGATaker monkier was an invention of DEAN's from DVDVR MB and it refers to UT's habit of working in basic submission stuff along with his power offense.

I think

Hey, Starvenger, I found a cure for what ails ya.

23349.gif

I said don't take offense...but the crowd was pretty fucking bad.

When did they show the Lita sign?

They showed the lita sign at the perfect moment...

Lita was walking away all broken hearted after the match, and then when Kane calls her back she turns around, and right next to her you see "Lits is a Dumas:

lol

Guest Tjhe CyNick
You people who are crapping on the crowd are hilarious.  It sounds like you all work for the WWE.  I can hear the press release tomorrow: 

"We at WWE put on a classic PPV in terms of quality, but because the Toronto fans didn't get excited for three 6 minute matches, cheered for Jerihco instead of Edge, Angle instead of Eddie, HHH instead of Eugene and didn't take the championship match defended by BRADSHAW seriously, the show seemed average.  Obviously, this was purely the fault of the Toronto fans and had nothing to do with the quality of the booking or the work on the show.  We can only assume the sheep in future crowds will make our average PPV efforts seem spectacular"  -- WWE

Meltz was saying in his reports the show was a disappointment, and it seems like the crowd agrees.  Everyone and their mother has said JBL is one of the worst champs in WWE history, and then when the crowd turns on his match you guys get all up in arms.  Somewhere in there logic exists, I just cant seem to find it.  My bad, I guess.

I guess we should blame the Toronto fans for the crappy ratings this week as well.  Oh and terrorism, thats their fault as well.  Bastards!

Well, i guess if Meltz says its not that good, that's that, and we should all agree.

I'm watching the damn show and I say it's not that bad

I also say the crowd is sucking major horse cock tonight and ruined the whole show. Fuck them

I dont think his opinion is the word of God or anything, but he is the most respected journalist/reporter whatever you want to clal him in the business, so his opinion counts for something. I dont know you from a hole in the ground, so your opinion doesn't carry as much weight with me. I'm not saying I dont respect your opinion, rather I just dont know your history.

Anyway I just dont get your anger. This is what the crowd is guilty of:

#1. Ignoring matches that either weren't hyped very well (6 man), had dumb angles involved where the face is impossibel to cheer for (Hardy-Kane deal) and a match that is worthless (Match 1 of Cena-BT).

#2. Cheering one face over another, and not popping like little girls over hearing their hometown get called out by the ring announcer.

#3. Cheering for Kurt Angle, one of the greatest wrestlers of all time over another great performer. But I forgot, Eddie's the face.....bahhhh (sheep noise).

#4. Turning on a guy who has no business in the main event picutre (Eugene) over a guy who even though he's bad for the business has proved himself to the audience on many occasions.

#5. Making a joke of a championship match where the title that is being fought for is a joke. Thats downright evil to me! Damn you Toronto, JBL is a great champion, he was on MSNBC!!!!!!

#6. Chanting "You Screwed Bret" at Hebner when the WWE entices that stuff virtually every time they are in Canada and whenever Vince needs an easy screw the babyface angle.

I dont know, I think a lot of your hatred should be pointed at Vince and co. but I'm just an evil Torontonian, so I'm just trying to stir up s%$#.