TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Really unsure how I felt about this week's episode. While I enjoyed it well enough, I am getting way tired of pretty much being able to go months without seeing a REGULAR cast member. I agree with some of the pieces about opening up too many storylines and never putting any closure on them. It's more annoying than it is "oh, what's going to happen next?"

This was my favorite episode of the season as well, and maybe ever. When going back to watch, when Charlie is outside singing Wonderwall, he sings the following as Desmond is walking up to him:

Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you/By now you should have somehow realised what you've got to do/ Because maybe, You're gonna be the one that saves me?

I'm with you Curry. I enjoyed that episode, but if Lost was like that every week, I'd probably stop watching. IMO, it needed about 5 minutes more Island time.

The producers have done a horrible job pacing this series. They dragged out the 3rd Island plot for 6 episodes when it could have been told in 4, then the second episode on the return is a Desmond flashback that could have been done a few eps later, after we've resolved Sawyer and Kate, Jack's fate and the 400 other plots left on the main Island.

I've always been one to wait patiently for Lost's answers, I just wish they gave them to us in a different order than what they're doing.

Best EVER?

You'd seriously put that episode up against Deus Ex Machina or Confidence Man?

I only said maybe my favorite ever. It is my favorite of this season though, I know that much. One of my favorite episodes remains the Locke episode that revealed that he was in a wheelchair before he came to the island.

I'm a sucker for stuff like this, so sue me.

That was boring. Wasn't horrible, wasn't even bad, just bleh. The flashback was inane and made little sense, it showed nothing about Jack other than what we already knew (except the meaning of his tats, which could have just been explained with dialogue), and the on-island stuff was average. Hopefully this is a turning point for some more action. I want Locke and Sayid, and to learn more about Patchy, and less about f'in Juliet and Jack.

But they're star crossed lovers.. cuz he wants her and she secretly wants him.. and her name is JULIET.. get it? Oh the writers are so clever. :rolleyes: This season is all about relationships and LOVE after all, in their own words.

It was an ok episode, but the flashback story was just WTF, i didn't understand a lick of it.

And there was a huge example of how contrived and lazy the writing of the show is, when Kate and Sawyer are sitting with Karl, and he's answering every question directly without a moment's hesitation, and there's no time situation, no peril, no nothing. By all accounts EVERYTHING about The Others should be revealed right here. But its not, simply because the writers have to elongate the mystery. Logic goes out the window, all for the sake of stalling the answers.

That was fine when The Others were shadowy mysterious figures, now they're full blown cast members basically. You can tell that all the writing is driven by the mysteries rather than the characters driving it and mysteeriousness coming out of it gradually.

Honestly, the only reason I watch this show on Wednesday nights is that i have no life during the weekdays and am home with the TV right there. If LOST was on at an inconvenient time, i'd probably miss weeks at a time and gradually catch up via online viewing.

I wouldn't call it a crapfest at all. Jack's flashbacks paralleled Juliet's current story and explained his actions. It's why they have a connection, beyond her looking like his ex-wife. I've also always enjoyed Jack's story so I liked it. Was it more exposition than plot progress, yes, but that's been a LOST staple since season 1. At least the other island is finally wrapped up. I think people have become very critical of decent episodes. The last four have been one of the more solid runs of the show, but they lost momentum with the big break and everyone was already souring.

To be honest they probably have me until the end of this season based on the strength of last weeks Desmond-centric episode, unless they total bomb a few. LOST has finished strong each season so I can ride it out for now.

Honestly, the only reason I watch this show on Wednesday nights is that i have no life during the weekdays and am home with the TV right there. If LOST was on at an inconvenient time, i'd probably miss weeks at a time and gradually catch up via online viewing.

Ditto. I'm pretty much done with the show, but it's basically just background filler for me on Wednesday's becasuse I have nothing else to do. Maybe I should make Wednesday my new drinking night. :P

I think that was an affront to their religion (Buddhism, right?)

Yeah, that was crap. The teasers were like "Three of the biggest LOST mysteries...REVEALED!" and what did we find out? The stewardess is still alive and what Jack's tattoos mean? Bleh.

Fuck this show. LOST was once great but its become so shitty it hurts my fucking eyes.

The writers should all be shot. They string out a billion plot threads and just let them flap in the wind with no resolution or explanation. Sure, ask lots of questions, but at least answer a few before you bring up more. Why doesn't Jack just ask the Others who they are instead of stringing it out? Illogical and just plain sloppy writing.

I think I'm going to let Wednesday be an off night for TV shows like this. Heroes, House, CSI, Prison Break, and Boston Legal are all way better than the shit that was once LOST. I can say right now that I don't really give a damn about any of the characters anymore with the exception of Locke. Locke is still the fucking man.

Watch, next week Kate, Sawyer and Jack return to camp and we'll be back to square one all over again. I really hope the writers of shows like Heroes are paying attention and learning how not to leave a storyline hanging.

Edited by KingPK

I think that was an affront to their religion (Buddhism, right?)

Nah, Buddhists are fine with tattoos as far as I know. And even if they weren't into tattoos, the entire message of Buddhism is endless compassion regardless of the offense.

Something about the tattoos are that they meant "one of us but not with us" or something like that, so my assumption is she would "read" a person and mark them if they were bad spirits or something. I dunno - it was all a little over construed and made little sense, really.

Count me in with thinking that this show has definately lost a ton of luster this season. I loved last weeks show and it was so frustrating to see this week's follow up be so......blah. I'll still watch week to week but with alot less interest and anticipation than I used to give it.

Also, I dont really care what Jack is up to w/ the Others. Apparently he's heeling up a bit to play to them, all for Ben to honor the release of her down the road. It's all soooo not mysterious at all as you know what his intentions are, although I think they are trying to make us think he may eventually "join them." Whatever....

Put this on in the background like others have said, out of some weird attachment to this disastrously spiraling show. So bad, so goddamn funny, so tremendously far from what the show once was (i.e., good). I think they'll still top it, though. In a few weeks, Sawyer supposedly plays ping-pong to get back some stolen stuff.

I think the quote was more like "among us but not one of us". I didn't mind the episode. The bitching is getting old. How about this...if you don't like the show and are going to stop watching, then please stop posting in this thread. You're thoughts are not needed.

Free speech. We've been watching since the beginning and reserve the right to bitch about the show as much as we want. If it's getting old for you, how about not reading the thread yourself?

The writers owe you shit. Whether you've been watching from the beginning or not, they owe you nothing. Your only way to actually get anything changed is to not watch the show. Bitching on here does nothing except annoy the people who do like it.

How about this, make a Lost Hater thread and go nuts.

Add me to the list of people growing impatient with the show after tonight's episode. It's amazing how they managed to fill 44 minutes with almost nothing new.

And I may be alone in this, or maybe not, but is anyone else getting bored with how damn normal The Others are? In Season 1, they were myth... in Season 2, they were damn near supernatural... in Season 3, they're just like everyone else, if not more boring (though I do like Tom).

Well, atleast they answered old questions without asking too many new ones.

That was the only thing good about the episode.

Guest Vitamin X

WHAT questions (plural!) did they answer besides the meaning of Jack's tattoos?

I was disappointed with this episode, and like many others, am kind of just watching now out of habit. I don't get where they're going with any of the things they're currently doing. Maybe if I just watched it all on a big recap instead of the full hour long presentations it would be easier to stomach.

And I'm one of the few who still like the show, but I'm really just not feelin' it as much as I used to anymore. I used to get a "It's no longer Wednesday, it's fucking LOSTDAY!" feeling for days like this and, had I not talked to my mom last night who reminded me tonight was Lost, I might've forgotten about it completely because I have to get up early for work tomorrow.

Bastards. I could've finished watching the first part of Guns, Germs, and Steel instead of not really missing anything.

Yeah, that was crap. The teasers were like "Three of the biggest LOST mysteries...REVEALED!" and what did we find out? The stewardess is still alive and what Jack's tattoos mean? Bleh.

To be fair, that blame should be put on ABC, not the show. Which isn't to say this episode was weak, because it was, but to blame the writers/producers for not living up to the hype for this episode isn't right. The network is in charge of the advertising, and I've seen other people mention how the producers were even complaining in the podcast about how ABC was hyping up this episode, and that the only secret being revealed was Jack's tat's.

Sign in to follow this