TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Just got around to watching this episode, and I liked it. Had a lot of the stuff that made the earlier episodes better; humor, character interaction/development, and a little intrigue with future hints of action instead of just mind numbing plot twists that are difficult to follow or rationalize.

Hopefully next episode will follow the same formula, though I'm afraid it will be more of Jack and the Others, but I haven't seen any commercials for it.

^

That's the problem with this show. One side of fans wants more exploration of the island, more stuff with The Others etc. and the other side of the fanbase wants them to return to....well.....season one.

So, with Heroes now officially pwning Lost in the Set Up/Delivery department is it acceptable to say that Lost will go down as one of the most disappointing shows of all time? I'm sure if some kind of study was done it would uncover that this show has lost one of the largest fanbases in terms of how many were hooked due to season one and how many tune in now.

They misinterpreted what the fans wanted. Probably more than any other TV show, they didn't know what made them successful... or they did, and they went waaaaaay too far with it. The tragic thing is that they can't go back as they went too far.

I dread the return of The Others. I can deal with em in snippets or B plots, but another episode that's focused on those lame-ass BORING pointlessly cryptic bullshiters will put me to sleep. More Beach Losties plz~@!!!!!@

Guest Tzar Lysergic

After the "Cruisin' with Hurley" episode, I want to see some cold blooded violence.

The same people who were here loving up the show a few years ago are bitching about it now. We obviously have shown that we care about LOST, but we also know that the show has really strayed from what made us love it. I don't think there has been any particularly bad episodes, but rather, a series of disappointing events that have compounded into one giant disappointment. Which is the risk of leveraging so much of the show on the "what's going to happen next!" factor.

Yeah, but you keep saying that the writers don't know what the fans want, when in fact it's the fans that don't know what they want!

Before people were compaining about the flashbacks and not learning about The Others more, now it's Too much Others not enough flashbacks!!!!!

The problem with the fanbase is that they got so hyped up trying to guess what was going to happen in the future that when it didn't happen the way they thought, they were automatically disappointed.

So yes, the bitching is unjustified because all of it is vague and rarely do people say why they don't want to see the others, or why they want to see the survivors. Instead everyone sounds like 13 year old kids saying certain things suck, but not having any detailed reasoning behind it.

I want to see the survivors because the first season of Lost was all about them, and it was fun, exciting, and intriguing. I did want to see more of the Others because they were terrifying, but now we've seen tons of them, and you know what? We still don't know what the hell they're doing, why they're doing it, or anything like that. Boring, lame, etc.

Now I just want the show to be another 20 episodes of riding around in the magic van.

I know exactly why I am disappointed. It goes back to what the show first was - about 40+ people crash landing on a mysterious island. It stopped being that a long time ago. A lot of the time, at the time, it was hard to see where the show was headed and whether or not what they introduced was good or bad. The Others, for instance, started off as being good - Ethan being this superhuman badass, the raggity clothing, etc. But overall, to this point, their presence on the show has been detrimental because it really took away that island mystery, part of which had this mystical quality about it.

Knowing that these are just regular people fucking around is kinda bullshit and takes away a lot from the show when there really isn't a fear of the unknown now. The first few episodes of the show, it was about survival, it was tough living there, now it's like - yeah, but they aren't alone, and are being controlled, and have (had) a hatch and food supplies and it's not really about survival any more. I don't know if this is/was the best or worst route to take, and like I said on a per episode basis, the show has taken a decline, but not a huge one and still is putting up good episodes. But a lot of the charm of the show is gone now.

Also, to be fair, "I kept saying" is 2 posts, one of which said they don't know what the fans want, or did and indulged too much into it; the other of which said the show strayed. And the fans may in fact not know what they want, but they also know what they don't want. Who knows, it may have been inevitable for LOST to end up in this place given its structure and what made it popular.

Another good episode, I like the ones that have an adventuresome feel to them. Additionally, we get a bit more intrigue without getting totally lost. I also find the eps with flashbacks on Sayid, Locke, and Kate, incidentally, to be the most interesting.

Next week looks to provide more of the same before, presumably, some more coma-inducing eps featuring Jack and the "Others."

Yeah, I liked this episode quite a bit. Good intrigue going on there.

Despite the lame "Gilligan's Island" ending (there's comm equipment there the Losties might be able to use - gotta get rid of it! Just like desmond's boat).

I like the idea of a war between DHARMA and The Others. Sayid is always a good character to let loose.

It's also refreshing to see Lostie interaction for a whole two weeks straight! Hopefully next week stays with the rescue party and beach and doesn't spend too much time with Jack and the snooze cruise of The Others.

But overall, to this point, their presence on the show has been detrimental because it really took away that island mystery, part of which had this mystical quality about it.

Knowing that these are just regular people fucking around is kinda bullshit and takes away a lot from the show when there really isn't a fear of the unknown now.

But what about the fact that we now know that they're not regular people?

They lived on the island BEFORE Dharma, as we have now learned. I don't see how they've lost their mystery; sure, they're less mysterious, but we still don't know where these people came from, why they're doing what they're doing, etc.

I mean, I can see just not liking what they're doing with the Others, but I don't see how you can say they're not mysterious, when we don't really know that much about them.

That said, this week's episode was another good one, I think. Less talking, more roaming through the jungle looking for stuff. This is exactly what the show has been lacking thus far this season - people actually going out and trying to figure out what in the hell is going on.

Also, I'm really really hoping that they're done with Jack & the Others for now, so that when the rescue party shows up, there can be something really fucked with Jack (maybe him joining the Others or something) and then that episode can be a flashback to Jack and the Others - condense it all into one episode.

Saying they are mysterious now is like saying a guy with a screwdriver in his neck is mysterious. Theres the question of how he got a screwdriver in his neck, but it's not something you're chomping at the bit to know.

I do like your idea about a changed Jack and a flashback to show wha-happen.

I think it's really picking back up. The past two episodes have been solid and tonight's episode was the most entertaining that I can remember in a very long time. I was even on the edge of my seat at some points.

Good flashback, good island scenes and next week looks badass.

I am thrilled with the current direction.

Sawyer being sarcastic and hitting the nicknames? Hurley doing something funny? Sayid ruining someone's shit? Locke pwning a computer? <3

Thanks to those that explained why they have lost interest, at least that way it doesn't sound like someone being negative for the sake of it.

Anyway, I liked the episode, it got back on track to the bigger picture. Raising more questions as to The Others and their connection, or lack thereof to DHARMA.

Yeah, you do have a point. I've been revelling in negativity a little too much

LOST Season One, IMO, is one of the best seasons ever. It deos mirror Alieas and Twin Peaks, inasmuch as it's a very opqaque show.

I don't think any actors are bad... or at least charming (Hurley) THey are all really good. I'll miss Ecko for sure.

I generally just don't like Locke and Sayid being ignored, which is clearly a consicous decision. Sawyer still rules. Kate still rules (though she doens't have the edge she did. Jack is good too. Seriously though, I'll still watch the show, but the overwehelming negativity (admittedly, too much from me) has to be coming from somewhere.

Are we getting new eps?

I thought last nights episode was really good. I like any time they have Sayid just fucking shit up throughout. Adds a lot.

Was the lady who got shot the same lady who was questioning Walt and at the boat when Kate, Jack and Sawyer were captured? If so, her getting killed sucks as she seemed to be one of the more interesting Others.

I thought last nights episode was really good. I like any time they have Sayid just fucking shit up throughout. Adds a lot.

Was the lady who got shot the same lady who was questioning Walt and at the boat when Kate, Jack and Sawyer were captured? If so, her getting killed sucks as she seemed to be one of the more interesting Others.

That was indeed Bea, AKA Ms. Klugh. Yeah, it sucks that she didn't show up until now, but I have a feeling we'll see more of her in flashbacks, probably whenever they do one for Ben. After all, we've seen Ethan in several flashbacks so far.

Glad to see more people at least giving rational reason for why they don't enjoy the show. It was nice actually seeing the Flame station, but them not reading those books Sayid found in the basement sucks. I thought we might get some concrete answers on the Lockdown and food drop when I saw them. I also like how Locke always seems to get caught up in a computer of some kind. He's just a natural button pusher and it always blows up in his face. I assume the chess game had a specific sequence necessary to win, because if it didn't how would the Dharma people who worked there ever activate the failsafe in a pinch?

Wow, that's more like it. Last nights episode was much better than anything I've seen so far since they've returned from the break. More like Season 1 = Good.

My buddy puts it best:

"This is the version of Lost that I like. Possible answers that might be a swerve created from paranoia and misdirection. None of this “boo hoo, the others are whiny emo kids with spinal cancer” crap."

Sign in to follow this