TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Look I'm not saying that you can't give criticism, but a lot of it has been just annoying whining like a little kid who doesn't get their way. Instead of pointing out just things that you don't like, point out some things that you think they should do and not just "show the other characters" be specific.

The way the story has been going, most of the main characters don't have urgent issues right now, so they are focusing on those that do. What would you have them do? If they did an episode about Sun and Jin you'd have a hissy fit because they stopped the pressing issues and went to a smaller one. Same with most other characters, the same people that are saying they want to see other characters just want to see Locke, Sayid, and Desmond. The problem is that they can't just throw those guys into action without a setup and they are trying to set it up slowly to make the payoff better.

The sky isn't falling, they only have 46 or so minutes to work with per week, give em till the end of the season to point out the glaring issues.

My point exactly. And this is all I'm saying. This thread is overwhelmingly negative... it's now uncommon to see a post about the actual content of the show. I mean, we've had one guy complaining about the others for the last six months and another person bitching about the flashbacks for the last year. All I'm asking is for actual discussion... if you're going to say something negative at least point out how you would do it better. And when I say that I mean actual ideas, not, "just tell the story better."

I guess it makes more sense to me that someone who liked the show would seek out the thread to discuss it, rather than people who have already stated they've given up on the show posting week after week that its sucks. I got disappointed with 24 so I stopped posting in the thread, now I'm really liking it again so I went back. It's pretty simple.

So...I thought the last episode was supposed to reveal 3 huge things..ok, I didn't get any from that episode. Ok, Jack's tat, I never thought that was a big thing anyway. The kids till being alive? Alive, um, ok...but didn't learn anything else about why they were taken...and the others live elsewhere...sure

It was not a bad epsode, not a good episode either, kind of a throw away ep for me.

Eh, this show isn't what it used to be... but I still enjoy watching it. The only thing I'm not liking are the hype advertisements ABC has been throwing out for a while.

This is our work island, that's the home island seems to be the big reveal, but like LOTC said... it didn't come off that way.

There's a way to focus on certain love stories, but fuck... actually have some other stuff going on in the background. There should be at least a few people each episode trying to find out more about the damn island... and not just sitting around... content with their current conditions.

Good Gravy did Evangeline Lily look smokin' hot on Letterman last night. She may or may not have been coked out of her mind too.

Oh Yeah. That blanket should go on ebay.

Good Gravy did Evangeline Lily look smokin' hot on Letterman last night. She may or may not have been coked out of her mind too.

VIDEO~!

Girl should have known that the Ed Sullivan Theater is an icebox.

Edited by KingPK

I don't know if it was just because it came directly after one of the worst episodes ever, but I agree, really good ep. Had a good mix of character stuff and some island developments, and the flashback was fun too. The show definitely needed a feel-good episode.

My only real problem at the moment is that there's no clear goal ahead of us, aside from rescuing Jack. Series 1 had the hatch, Series 2 had the confrontation with The Others. What happens after they get Jack back?

What Island developments are you talking about? They found a hippie-van. For the most part this episode just felt like filler and I'm really trying to figure out what they meant in the previews by "you won't know what everyone will be talking about in the morning." Talk about over-hype.

...and once again we have the ultra-useless new castmates. At least they weren't on-screen for long (really earning their main cast credits).

What happened to Rose and Bernard? They may have been older and not as pretty to look at for the audience, but at least they were interesting and did things!

Oh no, complaints~!

yes yes yes! Awesome! A pitch-perfect LOST episode.

Hurley, Jinn, Sawyer, and Charlie were a hell of a comedy team. Man, it really reminded me of how much I miss the CHARACTER INTERPLAY of LOST. Hopefully now that (almost) everybody is re-united we'll see more character play between these guys.

And I like that for once, one of the islanders was actually thinking, put the pieces of alex and danielle together, and did the logical thing and go recruit her.

My only (minor) complaint is, apparently the car was not too far from camp, how could they have not found it earlier? But I guess it's a big jungle.

And best of all... NO BORING POINTLESSLY CRYPTIC BULLSHIT WITH THE OTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

And best of all... NO BORING POINTLESSLY CRYPTIC BULLSHIT WITH THE OTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

That was a plus. But you have to agree that there was nothing crucial in this episode aside from recruitng Russo in the last THREE MINUTES of the episode. The rest of the stuff with Hurley et al is nothing that hasn't already been developed. Aside from Sawyer possibly changing his ways (big surprise that they had him go back as soon as he got to camp, too - yeah right).

LOL "Dude, Roger was on a beer run!" and Sawyers Skeletor line and then clunking the skull with his beer was great. Awesome episode, I think the writers were sending a message with this one, just like Hurley needed some fun, the show also did. It's been all serious all the time and this was a good stop to get everyone to remember what made the show great before.

LOL "Dude, Roger was on a beer run!" and Sawyers Skeletor line and then clunking the skull with his beer was great.

Don't forget Sawyer calling Hurley the International House of Pancakes :lol:

That was a plus. But you have to agree that there was nothing crucial in this episode aside from recruitng Russo in the last THREE MINUTES of the episode. The rest of the stuff with Hurley et al is nothing that hasn't already been developed. Aside from Sawyer possibly changing his ways (big surprise that they had him go back as soon as he got to camp, too - yeah right).

You can't expect earth-shattering revelations every episode. The story here was Hurley manning up and facing the so-called "curse" that he's been moping about since he won the lotto along with trying to snap Charlie out of the whole "You gonna DIE!" thing. It was an episode that made you feel happy for Hurley.

This was a really good episode. Definite season 1 vibes.

QFT.

Finally, an episode I actually enjoyed. I mean, explore the island some, crack a few jokes, a little character development, happy music, really!

LOL "Dude, Roger was on a beer run!" and Sawyers Skeletor line and then clunking the skull with his beer was great.

Don't forget Sawyer calling Hurley the International House of Pancakes :lol:

I liked "JumboTron" better.

Also, Hurley's mom saying "It's been 17 years, I have needs...", followed by Hurley freaking out, was pretty damn funny.

After the show ends, I need a spinoff of Hurley/Charlie/Jin/Sawyer roadtripping across the country in the Dharma Van (solving crimes???).

Good episode for some light hearted laughs, nice to see James actually enjoy himself on something other than cheating people. It's been so long since I've seen some of the regular cast mates I actually completly forgot about them

"Did my dad put you up to this?"

"What???"

"I'll give you a thousand dollars right now if you admit that my dad told you to say this stuff."

"The mystic arts are not subject to bribes. HOW DARE YOU...-"

"Ten thousand."

"You're dad put me up to it."

Sign in to follow this