TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Seriously. The panties, nightgown and short shots were all choice.

Though it's gotta be said that while I'll never rank Elizabeth Mitchell over Lily when it comes to bodies Juliette totally surpassed Kate last night for me in terms of personality hotness.

I can't remember, do Jack & Claire know that they're related yet or no? These seasons are all a blur to me these days.

And anyone else catch the subtle "yeah we know" from the writers in Kate telling Jack "if you don't make it" and him responding "shut up kate". Kind of seemed like there way of addressing the fact that we already knew Jack wasn't gonna die.

I thought Jack said "If I don't make it..." and Kate said "Shut up Jack" and then he said "Fair enough". That's how I remember it going down, and it didn't seem very important.

Oh that's right, I got it backwards. To me it just felt like the writers way of addressing the idea that the episode was about Jack possibly dying when we already knew he wouldn't.

I can't remember, do Jack & Claire know that they're related yet or no? These seasons are all a blur to me these days.

No, they don't know.

I DO think Jack knows in the Flash Forwards though...his line to Kate about Aaron "You're not even related to him" or something tells me he knows that HE really is at that point. I'm assuming his Dad's Ghost or whatever will connect the dots for Claire and Jack eventually.

So we see the Doc bite the dust around 24 hours after he washes up on the island. We see the rocket take around an hour to hit the island after Regina said it should have been there. But we must remember that when Daniel called the boat for the experiment that on the boat it would have been further in the future than the island thinks it is.

Hell, when Naomi/Jack talked to the boat and they said they were sending the chopper, it still took around a day for it to get there, but to the people on the boat it took just as long as it should have taken to get there.

I can't wait to see their explanation on where all this "lost time" is coming from or going to, or whatever.

Okay...what was the deal with the scene with young Locke and Richard, with Richard getting angry that Locke chose the knife of all the objects.

I mean, that scene just went way way over my head.

And I'm offering the prediction now -- Claire is dead. She died when the rocket hit her house. This would be why Miles kept looking at her strangely during their walk, and Sawyer had to tell him there was a restraining order. Then the eerieness of her scene with Christian tonight coupled with her lack of concern about Aaron at this point....I'm calling it now, and I am eager to accept your accolades when it turns out I'm right.

I saw someone else float the "Claire is dead" theory on another board.

Okay...what was the deal with the scene with young Locke and Richard, with Richard getting angry that Locke chose the knife of all the objects.

Locke didn't just take the knife, he chose the compass & bottle of sand (?) as well. I took it as Richard is time travelling, either physically or Desmond-ally, and was feeling out Locke's connection to the island.

I mean, that scene just went way way over my head.

And I'm offering the prediction now -- Claire is dead. She died when the rocket hit her house. This would be why Miles kept looking at her strangely during their walk, and Sawyer had to tell him there was a restraining order. Then the eerieness of her scene with Christian tonight coupled with her lack of concern about Aaron at this point....I'm calling it now, and I am eager to accept your accolades when it turns out I'm right.

Someone already came up with that theory on Lostpedia. And I think Locke was supposed to pick the grains of sand, because he apparently already belonged to the island at that point and vice versa, and the sand was from the island.

I thought it was a good confusing, though.

We definitely know that the island wanted to bring certain people to the island. Richard wanted Locke from the start, and Abaddon is the one to suggest the Walkabout. It seems as though Claire might have a special role as well, based on her presence in the cabin, at least. When she tried to give her baby away in Australia, "the island" apparently made it impossible for her to sign the papers and later put her on the flight to LA.

That said, it seems that the crash was certainly no accident, but it was Desmond who brought the plane to the island. The reason Desmond first stopped pushing the button was that he suspected Kelvin of lying to him and planning to leave. Maybe Kelvin's actions were inspired by Jacob, with the end result being to bring Locke, Claire, and other key players to the island?

I don't know... Very confusing, and as usual, we have fifty million more questions with the few "answers" we got tonight.

....the thing about sand and the compass coming from the island, while the knife does not, is as good a theory as anything I could come up with. It ties in with Richard noticing the picture of the black smoke in the house too. Good stuff.

Just a question though....was the comic book maybe the same one Walt read from the plane? Walt and Locke shared a special connection -- and it would explain why Richard casually placed the knife on top of the comic, hoping Locke would ignore the flashier knife in favor of the old comic book to show he was definitely connected to the island and his future.

As for the Claire theory, I don't read Lostpedia and I haven't gone to any other message boards. So as far as I'm concerned, I came up with the idea myself, and a damned good one I developed too.

The Wire lives on! Dope on the fuckin table!

It was confusing but I loved it. I'll continue to hope that Christian is not Jacob and that his line of speaking on his behalf meant just that. It sucks that Keamy likely won't live to see the end of this season as I'd enjoy seeing his backstory and how he got involved with Widmore.

I'm pretty sure the Locke thing had something to do with reincarnation just like the Dhali Lhama.

I mean when they have a child they think is the Dhali they put out a bunch of items and some of them belong to the previous Dhali. Then they have the child pick them and if he picks the right ones then he must be the reincarnation.

Maybe Locke is supposed to be the reincarnation of someone special and the items he was picking were stuff that already belonged to him and he should remember them from his past life.

I thought that each item represented an aspect of Locke in regards to the Island. The sand represented Locke's affinity for the Island iteself, the compass represented Locke's ability to guide people when they made it to the Island, and the knife was Locke's willingness to use violence when necessary. However, Richard wanted him to choose the Book of Law, which would represent something like Locke's ability to lead the people of the Island and bring peace to it.

I don't know. Pretty much anything would make sense at this point.

But if Aaron = Jacob, why does the island let him leave with Kate & the "Oceanic Six"?

And not to beat a dead horse, but it was tough to sense ~drama~ when Keamy had the gun to Michael's head, since the writers were nice enough to show us that Michael is alive & suicidally well in the future.

I enjoyed this one. I like the episodes where they let the mastermind badasses like Locke, Ben, or Keany have some human doubts and foibles. Also, pretty much any episode with a bunch of Hurley is gold, and he's been kinda just standing around in the background for too long. And finally a return to the flashbacks. Thank God, cuz the flashforwards were really starting to get on my nerves.

Sign in to follow this