TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Yeah, I'd go with The Constant, this one and the intro episode to the freighter folk as tops so far.

Anybody notice how pissed Lostzilla seemed? No sneaking through the jungle, hiding behind trees. Just straight kickin' ass. It seemed like Lost got a bit more budget for their FX as it looked better then it has in previous seasons.

I'm wondering if Widmore is a descendant of the Black Rock crew and Ben took over the island after the purge. Ben called it "your rock".

Few things bothering me...

Magnus Hanso captained the Black Rock, he was Alvar Hanso's father. The Hanso foundation is funded by the Widmore corporation? Trying to peice that all together is giving me a headache. Is Widmore claiming it as his Island because of the Dharma initiative?

The writers told us we're not getting any answers about Jacob or the Smoke monster this season, so I'm wondering how much weight these appearances are actually gonna have. Showing us that Ben in someway controls the monster was great tho.

The Doctor's dead, the militia is on the island, what's going on with Desmond, Michael and Sayid? It seems like we've jumped a few steps ahead, especially with them showing Frank on the island next week. I hope they fill that in.

Oh and Sawyer telling the extra's to stay back as they one after another came out was hilarious. By the time the fat chinese dude jumped out I was laughing out loud.

Frank flew Keamy and Co. to the island so him popping up next week makes sense.

I'm wondering if it's Sayid or Desmond that offed the doctor but I get the feeling it'll be neither of those two.

I watched the episode today and holy shit the episode was so fucking bad ass. As soon as the ground started shaking I was in "oh shit!" mode. Lostzilla seemed really different though. It seemed more meaner and blood thirsty. It also looked a lot bigger and thicker......It was so fucking badass!

Now that we know Ben has some control over the smoke monster, it's interesting to look back on all its earlier appearances. We'll have to wait for the talk with Jacob to get the details about the extent of Ben's control, I suppose, but you have to wonder what Ben's agenda has been this entire time based on our new info.

Offing the pilot during....well, the pilot makes sense because it could eliminate potential contact with the outside world. Curious to see if we'll get an explanation for why Eko was merked.

Cuz the smoke monster is racist?

That last episode was BADASS. If it turns out that Ben had already experienced this a few times through time travel, that would explain how he is able to preternaturally manipulate people and events - which has been to this point an annoying character trait.

Jack being sick, I think, is more of a way to keep him on the sidelines so they can focus on other characters. He still holds the title of King of Island. Bernard calling shenanigans on the Morse code was great.

Sayid and Bens World Tour of Revenge is fine motivation, even though it would have been nice to have seen Sayid finally get the girl, so we could better experience his loss. It's something that Joss Whedon would have given us, dammit. We need to get Jin on this team of hitmen.

Sawyer stepping up and looking out for Claire and Hurley was an interesting touch. Much more selfless than usual. Which doesn't look good for James.

I really hope they don't, Sawyer's martyrdom is something that should definitely be saved for the very end of the show.

I really hope they don't, Sawyer's martyrdom is something that should definitely be saved for the very end of the show.

You can use Sawyers death as motivation for characters, the significance of an event, or the build up of some other character. So it as a season finale point to be used to kick off the next turn of events would be a good use of a characters death. They could kill him off in an Edgar-esque way with him just saying "Freckles?" and then being gassed while Kate looks on behind a glass wall.

Maybe I'm a little too stuck on the love triangle, but I've been hoping if Sawyer get's offed it's in a way to save Kate and/or Jack. Something about the way they've used him makes me think he's gonna end up being the reason Kate and Jack end up together if they do.

Oh and does anyone know where I can find the backstory on Hanso and Widmore and they're relationship?

From the basics of what recall, Charles Widmore and his company are all somehow tangled up in the big mess of companies that somehow funded/supported DHARMA. It's my personal belief that he learned of the nature of the Island through this, and is now attempting to claim it for his own, though I could easily be wrong. Have you tried Lostpedia.com?

Also, I'm so glad they finally told Jack they weren't coming for them. I really wanted to hit Jack for that. Like, I'm sorry, but if I'd been on creepy shithole Island for 3 months, and someone comes over in a helicopter and doesn't immediately answer "are you going to rescue me" with a yes, then I'm shooting them in the face. Jack is a fool.

Further, awesome to hear what I've been suspecting...Ben and Jacob are back on the same page now, due to the attempted invasion, and as a result, Ben seems like he going to help Locke "learn" about his potential Island powers or whatnot, by taking him to Jacob. Also, I'll bet this is why Hurley apologized for going with Locke; well, not why I suppose, but I figure after this little cabin adventure, we'll know what Hurley was so sorry about.

That said, holy shit what an episode. So much happened it didn't even feel like LOST at times.

Sawyer is awesome, the best character on the show ATM. I really love that he is always trying to protect the other Losties whenever they are under attack. That seems to be his first priority, even as early as late season 1.

Very good episode, although for me not the best of the season, some of the plots did seem slightly contrived and without real motive. Hopefully all the frighties and Dan/Charlotte's crew will be explained better as the Micheal episode did an awful job of it.

You can use Sawyers death as motivation for characters, the significance of an event, or the build up of some other character. So it as a season finale point to be used to kick off the next turn of events would be a good use of a characters death. They could kill him off in an Edgar-esque way with him just saying "Freckles?" and then being gassed while Kate looks on behind a glass wall.

They already did that with Charlie last season, though.

I totally forgot Michael Emerson and Ken Leung were both in SAW as well.

I totally forgot Michael Emerson and Ken Leung were both in SAW as well.

Oh aye!

You can have a field day watching ER and 24, between them they've almost had the whole cast of Lost on them (well, not quiet).

Further, awesome to hear what I've been suspecting...Ben and Jacob are back on the same page now, due to the attempted invasion, and as a result, Ben seems like he going to help Locke "learn" about his potential Island powers or whatnot, by taking him to Jacob. Also, I'll bet this is why Hurley apologized for going with Locke; well, not why I suppose, but I figure after this little cabin adventure, we'll know what Hurley was so sorry about.

Maybe Sawyer and Claire both get killed on their way back, or something of the sorts.

I thought it was hilarious watching other 815 survivors who've never had a line before get gunned down one after another.

Jack's side of the camp...I liked their storyline at first with the "rescuers"...but nothing's seemed to happen all season for them. It's all Jack: "When are we getting rescued?" And they're just "Gee, I dunno, soon." Until the last episode that's all it's been all season. The stuff with Locke and Ben has been this season's saving grace.

How long till other Others pop up again? If they don't show up this season I may forget they even exist

I honestly could care less about The Others at this point, barring Richard who's awesome. Tom, Mikhail and Pickett are all dead, ditto for Alex, Karl and (maybe) Rousseau so it's pretty much the Ben Show from here on out.

I thought it was weird that Ben was the one leading Hurley and Locke to the cabin. Wasn't the whole point that Hurley was the only one who could find it?

Not necessarily, I don't think. Ben found it rather easily when he took Locke there last season. I think he was just letting on that he knows that Hurley is in touch with the island somehow. He was on Jacob's list, after all. They need Hurley for SOMETHING but Ben knows where Jacob is.

Just another case of Ben showing Locke how little he actually knows in relation to Ben.

I thought it was weird that Ben was the one leading Hurley and Locke to the cabin. Wasn't the whole point that Hurley was the only one who could find it?

Locke obviously has no idea where to find the cabin, and neither does Hurley really as he only ran into it by chance. I look at it like Ben knows where to look for the cabin, but he knows that the fact that Hurley saw the cabin means that Jacob reached out to Hurley. That goes back to what Ben said in season 3: You don't go see Jacob, he summons you... or however it went.

The following is taken from the spoiler thread on the Television Without Pity forums, not sure how reliable they are but....

Re: Season Finale, minor character reveal....

According to the press release for the finale of the show Richard will in fact return.

I also liked Jacks heartbreak when he is told they weren't planning on saving the castaways. It seems like he is the only one who is still focused on leaving the island.

And while I'm probably guilty of exaggeration, isn't this like the third time that they've informed Jack that they're not there to save him & the other survivors? I feel like it's been a ~big reveal~ a few times now. You'd think that Jack would have realized that these people aren't who they said they were by now. Regardless, I'm looking forward to them advising Jack (again) that they're not there to save him again in about 3 weeks, and that pitiful look on his stupid face as a result (again).

And while I'm bitching ... next week's episode seems to be chock-full of "Jack is in grave danger due to his appendix!" goodness. It's seemingly going to be a real live-or-die situation. Good thing they've already shown us Jack - alive and somewhat well - in the future, via his flash-forwards. Way to take any/all of the drama out of the situation, writers! Now, I know that a show's not going to kill off a main character like Jack with something like appendicitis, but it doesn't take away from the fact that they've already shown us at least 8 characters in the future, and thus those characters have no chance at dying whenever placed in a dangerous situation. (e.g. You know how Hurley is part of the group getting chased by Keamy & company? Don't hold your breath on them killing him, regardless of how precarious a scenario he finds himself in)

/hates the flashforwards ... yeah, they make for good episodes. But they're comparable to reading part of chapter 15 in a book when you're actually on chapter 9. And that's not something that niskie likes to do.

Yeah, it seems like Jack is in danger next week, but as for the main focus of it being on whether Jack is going to survive or not his appendix, I think its going to focus more on the relationship of Jack/Juliette/Kate. We already know Jack is going to live (unless we get a major swerve here and he does die), and I'm pretty sure the writers wont be so dumb to put the focus on his survival. What we'll probably get is more of a backstory as to why Jack is running to Kate, covering for her in her trial the future and that Juliette is no were to be found.

I think the whole "Jack is sick, is he going to live or die?" in the next episode will really revolve around a minor character in his camp, somehow. Yes, we've seen Jack and Kate in the future, alive and well...but what about Juliette, Rose & Bernard?

Do you consider Juliette a minor character? I don't.

Either way - give the writers some credit. I highly doubt they are going to even have any drama in regards to Jack's status. It's more likely a plot device to highlight something else.

Who knows maybe we'll get another kate/Juliette cat fight out of this.

Sign in to follow this