TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

That's how it definitely seemed with Ben & Juliette, but now knowing about the Goodwin thing, the season 3 opening still makes sense. Upon Ben sending Goodwin to his death (which could the same be said for Ethan?), Juliette just stopped acting friendly toward him, including not inviting him to the book club meeting.

Juliette had already realized at that point that Ben was not going to let her go home. She had just come from Ben's house where they got into a big argument and that's why Juliette was crying in the mirror the first time we saw her character in the Season 3 premiere.

So Sun had a flashforward, Jin's was a flashback?

That may have been the most depressing ending of an episode they've done. I wanted to see Jin get off the island.

That may have been the most depressing ending of an episode they've done. I wanted to see Jin get off the island.

I'm sure he will. I mean, they are showing his headstone. He just gets off the island and then dies somehow.

So, either Jin is dead

OR

Since Jin isn't one of the Oceanic Six he didn't get off the island for whatever reason, and is thus dead to the outside world, a tombstone was made for him and Sun- assuming she'll never see Jin again since this is clearly before they have to go back to the island due to Hurley being not in the loony bin- uses said tombstone as her way of "talking" to Jin.

The tombstone said he died 9/22/2004, I believe. So it probably means he was one of those two survivors of the plane crash that died on the island that Jack talked about at Kate's trial. There's no way he makes it off the island still alive, or the date of death wouldn't make sense.

Eh, ravenbomb, that's the theory being tossed around right now. But I think that last scene with Sun crying so hard should be a clear indication Jin is dead. I don't know if she'd have such a reaction if Jin was still alive but merely stuck on the island. I think this is people fishing around for a way that Jin could still be alive and the two of them would be re-united, but I don't think it's too likely.

I'd say it's about 50/50 given that we don't know the circumstances of six people leaving the island with everybody else staying behind and the show's penchant for fucking with the audience.

Jin is 100% dead. Any talk otherwise is just pure rubbish. There would be absolutely no reason for Sun to visit "his grave" if he wasn't dead, because "the grave" would have absolutely no meaning to her, since she KNOWS he's not dead. Ergo, he's dead.

Jin is 100% dead. Any talk otherwise is just pure rubbish.

On Lost, of all shows, speculation of any sort is not rubbish. If Sun said to Hurley (or vise vers) that Jin was dead, then I'd be less inclined, if inclined at all, to speculate about Jin's fate.

The tombstone definitely said 9/22/04. I made sure to check the date.

I was wondering about the flashforward aspect when Jin's cellphone got run over and it was so out of date.

I also think it's pretty possible that Jin is not part of the "accepted story", so he is considered dead. We don't know all the facts yet or how the six are made to lie about their fate. If your husband was thousands of miles away and for some reason you KNEW you could never see him again AND you had to pretend he's dead because that's the story you have to stick to - you'd cry just as much as if he were actually dead.

I, myself, think he's dead. But shit, you can't say 100% about that situation. It's still up for interpretation.

The tombstone said ?/?/1974 - 9/22/2004. (I don't remember the month and date)

I'm guessing the 1980 is for Sun when she dies. That way they'll be next to each other when she dies.

It's a bit weird how a co-worker and myself were talking about Lost moments that got you choked up and one pops up tonight that pretty much gets me to the brink of losing it.

For the record I think Jin is dead. It doesn't make sense in the future world of the Oceanic Six for Sun to be visiting a grave and showing the emotion she did for a man she knows is alive and still back on the island. Hurley showing up was weird and awesome. I was pretty much misty-eyed the whole episode due to Jin and Bernard having the biggest BRO moment on the island.

I really hope that next week is Michael kicking the bucket but not before spilling the beans to Sayid and Desmond. The Captain was an interesting character and the whole 'cabin fever' aspect of things gels fairly well with the reputation the island carries.

Wait - I'm supposed to believe that Sun is 24?

if the tombstone said 1980, then Sun should be 27 or 28. I'm 24 and I was born in 1983, but my birthday isn't until November. So depending on her actual birthday date, she should be 27 or 28.

It is me or does it seem the flash forward timeline is going backwards? Also, what does the 2722 on the tombstone mean?

and this is why when your on a show called Lost dont drink and drive.

Sequence of thoughts and expressions at the end.

Jin: "I've only been married two months"

Me: "What the hell??"

Hurley shows up at the door

Me: "Whoah!"

Hurley: "Let's go see him"

Me: "Uh oh"

Jin's tombstone

Me: "AW FUCK!"

Wait - I'm supposed to believe that Sun is 24?

if the tombstone said 1980, then Sun should be 27 or 28. I'm 24 and I was born in 1983, but my birthday isn't until November. So depending on her actual birthday date, she should be 27 or 28.

It is me or does it seem the flash forward timeline is going backwards? Also, what does the 2722 on the tombstone mean?

She'd be 27 or 28 now. In 2004 she would've been 23 or 24.

I just didn't care for this episode at all, even the 'big reveal' was pretty much granted and foreshadowed at the start of season 4. Sun/Jin lost all interest when she got pregnant for me, all they do now is mention she's going to die because of the baby once in a while, if they remember.

This season has been pretty poor over all so far, only stand out moments were Desmond's Episode, Locke being a psycho and Ben's mind games.

I didn't particularly care for the first 45 minutes of the episode, then thought it got good.

I disagree about the season. I think that this season has been fantastic.

One thing I wasn't quite sure of, but I think Hurley asked if anyone else came, then when Sun said no, did he say "good"? I wonder if that indicates that some of the others do shady ass shit to get off the island, and Sun/Hurley are along for the ride? We already saw Jack not wanting to see Claire's baby off the island (and he would have to know Aaron was Claire's not Kate's), now no one else going to see Sun and Hurley thinking it was a good thing? Seems more and more like Jack/Kate/Sayid might do some shit to get off the island.

Sign in to follow this