TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Well between finding his casket empty and him sitting in the chair in Jacob's cabin it's not exactly reaching too far.

I figured if anyone was gonna get upset with ghosts and dead people becoming reasonable within the realm of the show it would of happened when Miles started talking to dead gang-bangers with a vacuum cleaner. :P

I think the writers used his flashback specifically to show us that's he's an out for himself kind of guy who does infact talk to dead people. How else could he have known the money was there or be so sure that Naomi died how she did?

Guest LuckyLopez
At least with Mikhail it is plausible that the sonic pulse or what-have-you wasn't a lethal amount and then he was just being sarcastic when he was talking about how he was dead a few hours ago.

They pretty much back that up when he meets up with Ben and when Ben asks why he isn't dead he says "thankfully it wasn't set to fatal levels." The reality is we never really saw Sayid, Locke, and Kate tend to the guy or make sure he was dead. They just seemed to kind of presume it from the foaming of the mouth, blood from the ears, and unconciousness. But the island heals people and probably saved Naomi and Locke from death. So its reasonable to presume it was just another real bad injury that healed ridiculously quickly.

Of course we never saw Mikhail die the 2nd time either. Not really. We saw the grenade, we saw it explode. Its not terribly plausible that he could have tossed it and gotten far enough away to survive, but if Lost wanted to screw with us its probably there.

The grenade practically blew up in his hand. Also, it happened underwater, which causes explosions to be much more violent and powerful at close range, since water doesn't compress like air. So he should be chunky salsa dead.

...I know, it's a friggin' magic island, take nothing for granted.

I just recently got into Lost, and while it hooked me pretty quick, it's also annoyed the hell out of me by just NEVER explaining anything fully. I mean, we're in season 4, and we still don't know the point of the numbers, what's the deal with the black smog monster, the origins and/or motivations of the Others, the "sickness" that Roussaeu said infected her comrades, how the island miraculously cures people, what happened to Jack's dad, and why polar bears? Plus about a billion other mysteries which never get resolved. It's worse than the fucking X-Files when it comes to teasing you with answers, and then running away laughing that you'll never know.

On the island, is anyone really ever dead? The show(well from the webisodes) started with a dead guy talking to a dog. Eyepatch man showing up again wouldn't exactly be too far fetched.

Yes, but Christian's body wasn't in chunks floating in the ocean. I have yet to see a dead body make any kind of reappearance where the body was not intact at death. Honestly that's a big reason why I think Naomi is still around, outside of maybe them not having a chance to bury her before the help arrived and then them wanting to take her back.

Did we ever see chunks of Mikhail floating in the ocean?

Locke...is bad ass.

When her and her mom were talking about her "son" I called that it would be Aaron. This explains who she was talking about when she said "he'll be waiting for me" at the end of season 3.

Niiice. I was watching this and Celeb Apprentice so I missed a bunch, mainly because I can't stand Kate's storyline. Mainly because I'm a Jack mark. But that's still awesome.

How much did you miss? Jack gave the "Official 815 Crash Story" in court.

I figured it was Aaron a bit early on, as well.

Miles being a sell-out was pretty funny but the best was Locke and the grenade. I have a feeling the "Locke as leader" storyline is only going to get better.

also notice that in Jack's story he said that only 8 people survived the crash...so the Oceanic 6 and 2 more

I thought he said that "she saved the five other Oceanic 6, but the other two..." and Kate cut him off, as if the other two didn't survive.

Nope, he said the Marshall died in the crash and 8 people survived the crash. Oceanic 6 made it back to the real world. If they count or don't count Aaron (since he was not on the plane when it crashed) is yet to be revealed.

I'm sure Aaron doesn't count as one of the 8. I was thinking Sawyer and Claire, but by the end of the episode it became apparent that Claire doesn't make it off the island, and Sawyer is highly unlikely. I figured the other 2 would be Michael and Walt.

All I have to say about the ending is HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

I meant if they count Aaron as one of the "6." He couldn't have been one of the 8 if he hadn't been born at the time.

I have a feeling that part of the story that the "6" are telling is that Kate and Jack knocked boots on the Island and Aaron is their baby.

By the way...ANOTHER GREAT FUCKING EPISODE!

That depends on how long they remain on the island, and how far into the future Kate's trial is. Aaron looked to be about 3 years old in this episode. The survivors have only been on the island for 93 days at this point.

Oh, I almost forgot- Was that Nadia (Sayid's girl) on the jury for Kate's trial?

I was assuming it was Sawyer's baby as Jack didn't want to see it. I wonder why he doesn't want to see Aaron...maybe Claire dies and it was Jack's fault, or something...

Yeah, Jack is also Aaron's uncle, but he might not know that.

Sign in to follow this