TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

I'm pretty sure that Sawyer kicked another one of the foot soldiers and not Keamy when he was talking to Kate... that would mean that he was never "definitely" dead. I think it's completely different from Mikhail.

He died w/ the grenade.

After we, the viewers, were led to believe that he died going through the electric fence around New Otherton. There was at least one false-alarm with him.

I'm pretty sure that Sawyer kicked another one of the foot soldiers and not Keamy when he was talking to Kate... that would mean that he was never "definitely" dead. I think it's completely different from Mikhail.

The way it was presented, though, I think we were all supposed to presume that he was dead when he was shot in the back by Richard. The way it was shown, we were supposed to think he was dead then.

And I think I should have worded my post differently when I said "They were pretty definitive about Mikail being dead ... and Keamy being dead". What I was trying to say was that unless they specifically suggest that someone is dead, there's no way to be sure if they are. Both Mikhail & Keamy were seemingly dead and neither were, so since there is some ambigiuity about Jin's survival, I'm leaning towards the "he's still alive" side.

After we, the viewers, were led to believe that he died going through the electric fence around New Otherton. There was at least one false-alarm with him.

Are you saying there's some ambiguity over whether Mikhail is really dead or not? The dude is 100% dead.

Either way, it went off like three seconds after he was last shown holding it, so he'd have still been right next to it when it exploded. Although given that the guy survived a spear through the chest and the Magical Sonic Forcefield Of DOOM, they did kind of build him up as being nigh invulnerable.

Lindelof and Cuse have stated MANY TIME that Mikhail is dead, gone and not coming back in present day episodes. Of course there's always flashbacks but that dude is DEAD.

Have they ever said anything "official" about Christian Sheppard? Cause I have a feeling they'd tell us he's "dead", but he's as alive as anyone else on that show...

Are you saying there's some ambiguity over whether Mikhail is really dead or not? The dude is 100% dead.

No, I'm well aware that he's dead now.

But there were two 'false alarms' about him being dead, first when he was shoved into the electric fence and then when he was shot in the chest, with a spear gun, while in the Looking Glass. Both of those incidents were more concrete (less ambiguous) than Jin being on or near the freighter when it blew up, and yet both turned out to be non-lethal injuries.

So to re-re-word my original point: Unless the powers-that-be explicitly say "So-and-so is dead, he's not coming back" it's difficult to say with any uncertainty if they're really dead or not. And since they haven't said that Jin is dead (or not dead), I'm firmly in the "he's not dead" camp.

Have they ever said anything "official" about Christian Sheppard? Cause I have a feeling they'd tell us he's "dead", but he's as alive as anyone else on that show...

Shep ain't dead dawg... he's in the role Locke will be in once they go back to the Island.

Shep ain't dead dawg... he's in the role Locke will be in once they go back to the Island.

So...he's dead?

In a physical sense... I guess. Well no, as he pretty much busted out of his coffin as soon as the crash happened. He was probably the piece that helped bring everyone to the Island that they needed... much like Locke is going to be right now.

Christian is dead. We have yet to see any proof that the island can bring the dead back to life so until we get more info on that I'm going with the whole "Island vision" theory.

We never saw him walk around anywhere except in peoples crazy Island visions. Plus it's very explainable that his body landed somewhere else given that the coffin was free-falling from a crashing plane. Like I said, we've seen the Island do a lot of things but raising the dead isn't one of them.

We're well beyond visions at this point, he was holding an actual live baby, talking to actual live people, his dead body is MIA. The guy's about as alive as every other person on that island. I mean are we supposed to completely disregard his every appearance regardless of how it coincides with actual events on the island?

Sure they've been careful not to give us the impression that he's alive, with his strange appearances and only being seen by Milo, Claire, Jack Locke and Hurley, but still, 'dead' just isn't a word that fits with Christian.

And yes, his body could of fell out of the casket. But if that was the case, would it of really been in one peice, closed?

Maybe. It's the Island, after all. The main reason I'm so resistant to the idea that Christian is alive is because I really, really don't want it happening. I've been able to process pretty much everything on the show so far but raising the dead is a slippery slope.

For the record.. I think Christian is dead but what we keep seeing is a manifestation of this whole timeloop thing. Ie: he's alive in another timeline and is somehow able to communicate with the Losties - which would be why he seems to know so much about what's going to happen, etc. The Time Loop Theory also goes into this idea a bit as well: http://timelooptheory.com//the_timeline.htm

I'm not gonna get too offended if dead people come back to life, considering Locke's magic leg's and Milo's "I knew Bruce Willis was dead the whole time" abilities.

And about the time loop, if he's dead and stuck in a loop, how would he know of anything that's happened after his death?

I don't think he's stuck in a loop, I think he's in an alternate timeline.. the loop is more or less just a reference to the theory that the island exists in another time period and the ability to travel back over and over again exists. If you read that site, it explains it. It's probably off base, but it makes sense to me. *shrug*

Who is this Milo you guys keep talking about?

Came on the copter with Charolette and Daniel, see's/talks to dead people.

I'm hoping time-travel doesn't become too much of focal point, any time I've ever had to really think about it all I've gotten is a headache.

I'm not gonna get too offended if dead people come back to life, considering Locke's magic leg's and Milo's "I knew Bruce Willis was dead the whole time" abilities.

And about the time loop, if he's dead and stuck in a loop, how would he know of anything that's happened after his death?

My issue with the raising of the dead is that the islands spiritual/healing properties have been established since day one. I know we're constantly discovering new things but for them to wait 4 season to reveal that the Island can raise the dead would be weak.

If anyone is going through a time loop or experiencing the same thing over and over it's Faraday. Dude has so much incredible sadness before every major thing like he's just going through this all over again and no matter what he can't change the outcome. He doesn't seem to know at certain points, like crying during the coverage of the plane being "discovered", but then when Juliet says that she'll be on the last ride back to the boat... he's just so damn sad like he knows. I love the way Jeremy Davies plays the character.

No, I'm well aware that he's dead now.

But there were two 'false alarms' about him being dead, first when he was shoved into the electric fence and then when he was shot in the chest, with a spear gun, while in the Looking Glass. Both of those incidents were more concrete (less ambiguous) than Jin being on or near the freighter when it blew up, and yet both turned out to be non-lethal injuries.

So to re-re-word my original point: Unless the powers-that-be explicitly say "So-and-so is dead, he's not coming back" it's difficult to say with any uncertainty if they're really dead or not. And since they haven't said that Jin is dead (or not dead), I'm firmly in the "he's not dead" camp.

Cuse said in an interview after the finale that Jin is dead.

I don't really know what more they could have done either to show he died, short of showing his body exploding into pieces.

Again, they had him get to the deck of the boat for dramatic purposes, IMO.

So, thinking on this season one thing that never amounted to anything was Hurley seeing Jacob's cabin. They left it alone until Ben told Locke about it but even then it meant nothing because Locke had the dream about Horace and found the DHARMA blueprints on his own, Hurley played absolutely zero role in all of it.

Sign in to follow this