TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

I have a distinct feeling we will learn about the smoke monster in episode 3.20 when

the DeGroots flashback occurs

Timeline and age-wise I begin to wonder if it's remotely possible that Ben is the son of Gerald and Karen DeGroot. I imagine we could find out that Benjamin Linus is actually Benjamin Linus DeGroot. I can't recall from the orientation video about when the DeGroots founded the Dharma Initiative but if it's anytime in the sixties it's possible.

What about "Anthony Cooper" being Jacob? I think Cooper is how Locke knows him, but it's not his real name at all.

Can't wait for the flashback to see what happened there w/ Ben/Locke/Cooper.

I was a little disappointed that Sayid was just knocked out during the whole ordeal last night. I spent about 5 minutes wondering what he was up to and that was a bit of a let down. Oh well.

It doesn't follow that cooper would be Jacob. Cooper is not a good person, and Locke is now seemingly part of the group.

I was totally with this episode until the last scene. Although it was executed well (particularly the creepy music) it was yet another of those cryptic "The Others are ominpotent and always in control and one-upping the Losties" turns. SIGH.

I say this unreservedly. I HATE THE OTHERS. I hope Lostzilla wipes them all out in the finale, and I never have to see their cryptic bullshit again. I'm so sick of their bullshit.

I cannot fucking believe that people 'net-wide are calling this episode simply "alright" or even "good" because it revealed a goddamn mountain of information. The island, the Dharma Initiative, the Others, so much payoff. I actually like Juliette as a character too so I enjoyed all the flashbacks plus seeing Calamity Jane again was cool. Stupid Sayid and Sawyer. I can only hope they get a shot at redemption.

I cannot fucking believe that people 'net-wide are calling this episode simply "alright" or even "good" because it revealed a goddamn mountain of information. The island, the Dharma Initiative, the Others, so much payoff. I actually like Juliette as a character too so I enjoyed all the flashbacks plus seeing Calamity Jane again was cool. Stupid Sayid and Sawyer. I can only hope they get a shot at redemption.

I loved the episode. It had me fooled right till the end, and it is brilliant the way they swerved at the end. Just when you think the Other vs Losties is over it comes back bigger and meaner.

Did I mis-hear, or did Juliette tell Jack when they were walking through the jungle that she dragged Kate into the jungle and handcuffed her there herself?

Loved this episode.

So was the Dharma project working on a cure to cancer? Or is what Desmond and Calvin were working on in the hatch totally different than what Ben and Juliet were working on?

Did I mis-hear, or did Juliette tell Jack when they were walking through the jungle that she dragged Kate into the jungle and handcuffed her there herself?

Yes, Kate knew this last episode because Juliette had the key to the handcuffs, and Juliet also discussed it with Ben in the final scene.

Guest Vitamin X

Hell of a good episode, even loved the ending. It makes it a lot more interesting to have Juliet really be working with the Others after having fooled everyone including the viewers at home. I hated her at first with that permanent smirk she has on her face, but now I'm kind of digging her.

Particularly the scene where she confronted Sayid and Sawyer, it was so awesome to see her just change her vocal tone and attitude completely, and change into "psychological mindgame" mode that she executes so well. It's like her secret weapon. Amazing how she does that so well.

Oh no! Other people don't have the same opinion as you! What ever will you do??? :rolleyes:

I thought it was lame. Blah blah blah, let's all hug, guess what, you're all being fooled again, blah blah. Seeing the dude from Wishmaster again was pretty funny, though, especially in his little mega-TV fortress.

I'm glad they went into a little more about the questions we wanted to know. But there's still more out there that is driving people nuts.

-Smoke Monster?

-How do the Others know specifics about the Losties? Sure they could do an information grab based on the flight records. But how do they know about murders and other secret stuff. Jack makes sense, but what did they want with Kate and James?

-What are they doing with the kids? Still not explained.

-Where is everyone from Dharma? If they're all gone how did they go?

-In Dharma videos it talks about the "hostels." In the video after the chess game and about not interacting with other stations in season 2 (didn't call them that then) Did they know they were already on the island and set up shop anyway, did they bring them there? Was there a war on the island?

-The numbers. They haven't been mentioned really this season, do they still hold a meaning?

I can see how Juliet would know about Sayid's past as it wouldn't be something left out of a file like his. I'm more curious as to how she knew about Sawyer killing the Wrong Sawyer. He was, IIRC, booted out of Australia because he headbutted the Minister of Fisheries in a bar and was deported for it but never arrested for the murder of shrimp dude.

And I don't think it's simply cancer that the island cures, Locke wasn't sick and he can walk again and Jin isn't shooting blanks anymore. It cures everything. Everything, of course except for Ben. Good point by Spiff about Ben saying he was born on the island, I hadn't even thought of that which makes me all the more stoked to see the Ben flashback when it happens. I am a little bent that we saw zero Desmond/Juliet interactions, though. You'd think somebody in Desmonds shoes would have the most questions out of everybody on the beach.

So, what's The Others endgame? Juliet saving Claire was a means towards an end, something to gain their trust but it wasn't why she was placed undercover and we didn't hear Ben say anything.

Not a big one by any means, just revealing who next week is about.....

Demond. Holla. I'd always been curious as to the relationship between the hatch people and the actual doctors/researchers that live in the village and this can hopefully shed some light on things

So, the island "kills" pregnant women. But, Ben claims he was born on the island. Furthermore, the island seems to have curative powers. But Ben's cancer wasn't cured.

From what I gathered, children could be born on the island at one time, but something has changed that. That's why I think Ben is so hell-bent on keeping Juliette's work going. Perhaps the "incident" that Kelvin referred to is somehow linked to this.

As far as the questions about the DHARMA initiative, I think we'll be getting some more answers in the DHARMA episode in a few weeks. Mikhail said that DHARMA was wiped out by the Others, and I think we'll get more info on that. It's possible we'll get more info on the Monster, but I honestly think we'll have to wait until next season for that.

Uh.........spoiler alert?

For what? All the information I referenced has already been shown/talked about in aired episodes. And saying that there will be a DHARMA episode doesn't give anything away more than me saying "hey, there's gonna be a Juliet episodes in a few weeks."

Sign in to follow this