TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
algrim

Unforgiven this Sunday

I think I would nut if one day, (it would have been perfect after the "It All Begins Again" promotion for Wrestlemania XX) Vince cut a pre-recorded promo stating that the business has been evolving and he's been listening to the fan base and while they love sports entertainment, a majority of them are also sports fans that want standings and statistics. So, starting on tonight's edition of Monday Night Raw, ESPN and the WWE have began a partnership and they're going to lend us two broadcast colleages.

Something like that...and those guys would then get a 15 minute segment each show talking about accomplishments, stuff like that, showing pre recorded promos like the old days. Stuff like that would be able to set up #1 contenders, put logical matchmaking, etc.

What do you think?

Dames

Val Venis.

Whoa. Val had a good IC title run as a heel with Trish. He had a decent feud with Rikishi with a memorable blow off (the cage match Rikishi won with a splash off the top of the cage).

Actually Val won that match when Tazz slammed the cage door on Rikishi.

My mistake.

I think it's cool that Jericho has the IC Title if they are planning on making it really important (which it seems they are). But it just bugs me that someone can hold a title 7 times since summer of 1999...and the title wasn't around for around a year of those five.

^ Well, its better than HHH getting like 5 billion title shots after losing the title.

I think I would nut if one day, (it would have been perfect after the "It All Begins Again" promotion for Wrestlemania XX) Vince cut a pre-recorded promo stating that the business has been evolving and he's been listening to the fan base and while they love sports entertainment, a majority of them are also sports fans that want standings and statistics. So, starting on tonight's edition of Monday Night Raw, ESPN and the WWE have began a partnership and they're going to lend us two broadcast colleages.

Something like that...and those guys would then get a 15 minute segment each show talking about accomplishments, stuff like that, showing pre recorded promos like the old days. Stuff like that would be able to set up #1 contenders, put logical matchmaking, etc.

What do you think?

Dames

Its a great idea, but the writers are too lazy to keep track of stuff like that.

Goes to show what's really killing the WWE is a lack of effort from the right people.

Guest melindacampbell

Anybody having sound problems? Our sound keeps cutting in and out and I'm wondering if it's the sound feed or a problem with the satellite.

Guest Tjhe CyNick
I think I would nut if one day, (it would have been perfect after the "It All Begins Again" promotion for Wrestlemania XX) Vince cut a pre-recorded promo stating that the business has been evolving and he's been listening to the fan base and while they love sports entertainment, a majority of them are also sports fans that want standings and statistics.  So, starting on tonight's edition of Monday Night Raw, ESPN and the WWE have began a partnership and they're going to lend us two broadcast colleages. 

Something like that...and those guys would then get a 15 minute segment each show talking about accomplishments, stuff like that, showing pre recorded promos like the old days.  Stuff like that would be able to set up #1 contenders, put logical matchmaking, etc.

What do you think?

Dames

Its a great idea, but the writers are too lazy to keep track of stuff like that.

Goes to show what's really killing the WWE is a lack of effort from the right people.

I think that would appeal to people on sites like this one, but thats about it.

If you look at the history of pro wrestling in North America, its usually the guys with charisma and gimmicks that appeal to the masses are the guys that get over. I cant see the average person, who doesn't follow wrestling every day, would care whether Jericho has had 1 IC title reign, 7 reigns or 456 reigns.

But for the people on this board, stuff like rankings would be very appealing, just dont think ti would bring in any extra fans.

I think I would nut if one day, (it would have been perfect after the "It All Begins Again" promotion for Wrestlemania XX) Vince cut a pre-recorded promo stating that the business has been evolving and he's been listening to the fan base and while they love sports entertainment, a majority of them are also sports fans that want standings and statistics.  So, starting on tonight's edition of Monday Night Raw, ESPN and the WWE have began a partnership and they're going to lend us two broadcast colleages. 

Something like that...and those guys would then get a 15 minute segment each show talking about accomplishments, stuff like that, showing pre recorded promos like the old days.  Stuff like that would be able to set up #1 contenders, put logical matchmaking, etc.

What do you think?

Dames

If you look at the history of pro wrestling in North America, its usually the guys with charisma and gimmicks that appeal to the masses are the guys that get over. I cant see the average person, who doesn't follow wrestling every day, would care whether Jericho has had 1 IC title reign, 7 reigns or 456 reigns.

But for the people on this board, stuff like rankings would be very appealing, just dont think ti would bring in any extra fans.

It just seems to me that the matches might have more heat if they did stuff like this. It might make the matches seem more important and worth tuning in to.

What did you expect?

New tag champs. :P

So yeah this is one of those few times I'm actually going for HHH to win. I hate Orton as the champ.

Guest Coffey
Damn, ECW gets denied gold tonight. :angry:

GOOD! At least La Résistance are a REAL tag team...not just another WWE teamed slopped together to be "flavor of the month." La Résistance has a tag team name with tag team moves. Tajiri/Rhyno are a team because creative didn't have anything else for them to do and they have a shitty ECW history.

If anything, WWE needs more legitimate teams like La Résistance. Remember the old wrestling days? There were like twenty fucking tag teams at one time! Legion of Doom, The Steiner Brothers, The Powers of Pain, The Twin Towers, The Rockers, Demolition, The Brainbusters, The Killer Bees, etc. Each with tag team names and tag team moves.

WWE has...La Résistance and The Dudley Boyz. That's all I can think of. Benjamin/Haas were close...but they still needed a tag team name. "Team Angle" wasn't going to cut it.

Guest Rrrsh
Val Venis.

Whoa. Val had a good IC title run as a heel with Trish. He had a decent feud with Rikishi with a memorable blow off (the cage match Rikishi won with a splash off the top of the cage).

I wasnt talking about that one. The one in 99.

Guest Tjhe CyNick

Y2J,

I just think the vast majority of people who watch wrestling dont think about wins and losses in the sense of Jericho is 25-20 this year and Edge is 30-15, or whatever. I think most people go to shows just to be entertained, and want to see over the top characters beat each other up and if they get some decent wrestling, its a bonus.

What do you think?

Dames

It just seems to me that the matches might have more heat if they did stuff like this. It might make the matches seem more important and worth tuning in to.

It could work out okay. We could have Jericho trying to break Orton's recent reign as champ, but before he gets to it, Orton makes him lose the match, because he wants his name in the record books. Have announcers play up that a guy is on a winning streak, like Mark Jindrak has won several main events on Velocity in a row, maybe it's time he gets out of the farm league, and moves up to the main roster.

I felt Tajiri & Rhyno worked well together as a team, but that's just me.

And our world title match begins!

Randy Orton can try all he wants, it makes no difference, he will found out, you do not play the Game!

*spits water

Benjamin/Haas were close...but they still needed a tag team name.

They were the World's Greatest Tag Team. We also have the FBI and Basham Brothers.

But do we WANT the Basham Brothers?

I told you guys, Tajiri and Rhyno should've revived the Miracle Violence Connection name, but nobody listened

Guest JRE

The WWE is really breaking new ground with the undertones of a moral theme concerning abortion in the HHH/Orton feud.

Would I be the only one who would mark out if HHH nailed Orton with three straight Pedigrees straight out of the gate and pinned him right after that?

No - you wouldn't.