TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

2004-05 TSM NBA Roto Fantasy League

Well gang, I'm starting up a separate fantasy league on Yahoo, or those interested in a rotisserie format. The league will hold a maximum of twenty teams, which, judging by the early interest, we should reach. If not, no harm. Here are the basics....

-Positions are PG, SG, SF, PF, C, UTIL. 3 Bench slots, and two IL slots.

-Stats are points, rebounds, blocks, steals, assists, and FT%. There are a few missing stats, and I'll explain why. First off, field goal percentage tends to favor centers, rather than players who can actually shoot. Assist/Turnover Percentage was available, but I feel it is a junk stat. It doesn't accurately reflect any true skill. Turnovers themselves are just a function of who gets the ball most often. If anyone is wondering about other stats, just ask. I felt these six stats would get the basic premise accomplished, which is to make players form balanced teams.

-Draft will be live on Yahoo, Tuesday Oct. 12 at 8pm ET. This allows everyone almost two weeks to get ready.

-The league will vote on whether or not to veto trades.

Here is the ID and password. First come, first served....

ID: 861

password: smartmarks

No FG% thats crazy talk and the league needs 3 point shot made! So now there are no reasons why not to pick the ball hogs Kobe and AI since FG% will not penalize them for going 15-40 in a game.

No FG% thats crazy talk and the league needs 3 point shot made! So now there are no reasons why not to pick the ball hogs Kobe and AI since FG% will not penalize them for going 15-40 in a game.

Like I said, shooting percentage is skewed towards centers. Shaquille O'Neal usually shoots around 57%. Is he a great shooter? Fuck no. Free throw percentage is entirely unbiased, so I used that

Three point shots count for three points each, and that's reflected in the points scored category.

Kobe Bryant and Allen Iverson are generally regarded among the better players in basketball. Why shouldn't players pick them?

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

remember last year when we tried to put in FG% after Al picked Iverson? Good times.

I'm in as Skip To My Poo

I now must change my draft strategy to FIBA style since the commish loves the zone defense.

Kobe Bryant and Allen Iverson are generally regarded among the better players in basketball. Why shouldn't players pick them?

They have a personality, that is why they are well liked or hated. It does not mean that they are the best.

There's still 1 spot open in the league if anyone is interested.

The draft is set for Tue Oct 12 7:00pm CDT.

*joins*

I did a live draft in one league last year...but I forget how to get in. Will I be directed to the room on the night of the draft?

You go to the league page on that evening, and there should be a link on the main page. Make sure to get your java downloaded in advance, and make sure everything works. Get there a few minutes early.