TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
David Blazenwing

Is there anywhere to find out information...

All I know is it's coming out on 11/16 and it's an entrance music CD (possibly WWE The Music Vol. 6). What I WANT to know is whose themes will be on it? The only ones I've heard so far are Evolution's theme, Orton's theme and Eddie's theme. Anyone know where to find any info?

from a1wrestling:

The newest WWE theme music CD is scheduled to be released in mid November.

Titled 'WWE Theme Addict - Volume 6' the album contains fifteen WWE themes of Evolution, Carlito Caribbean Cool, Teddy Long, Christian, John Heidenreich, Chavo Guerrero, Undertaker, Eugene, Victoria, Shelton Benjamin, Billy Kidman, the new Smackdown! opening, Gail Kim, John 'Bradshaw' Layfield and John Cena.

Guest LooneyTune

Victoria's!?!? If I want to hear bad dance music I'll put on one of those pussy music stations on digital cable.

The other suck: Heidenreich? Chavos? Gail Kims? JBL? Cena's AGAIN? another Undertaker?

At least Evolutions, Teddy Longs, and...well that's it, are on it.

Taker's will probably be another remixed version of "Graveyard Symphony".

I find it hilarious that they don't put Orton's new one on there, and no Booker T either (i don't think he was on any of the others to my recollection)

I find it hilarious that they don't put Orton's new one on there

...umm, because they don't own it?

This is unlike the Motorhead themes, where they wrote and performed the songs as a favor to Trips and Jim Johnston.

Still, I would expect them to liscense it or at least pay whatever they needed to get it on the album, he's only "the new next big thing" or whatever.

I'd guess that Mercy Drive wouldn't accept an payment, seemingly since they haven't put out their own album yet.

Chocolate Starfish was over a year old before the WWE used 'Rollin' on Forceable Entry, and even then it was a remix that Taker never used. They weren't allowed to use it on Volume Five (February 2001), two months after Undertaker debuted with the theme.

I always thought Kidman's theme was on Anthology.

If this turns out to be the track listing, nothing on there is really worth it apart from the Long and Evolution themes.

Booooooooooo.

The new Smackdown opening and not I Want It All?

Well, although it never had an official release, it can be found easily due to people ripping it from HCTP.

Book's music isn't licensed though. I think Turner owns it.

Booker's is public domain, just like Hardcore Holly's old one, you sometimes hear it on commercials that one on commercials on TBS, I think.

They used Booker T.'s song in a Kids in the Hall sketch a while back.

I'll probably buy this compulsively, but there is a lot of crap on that cd. The Evolution theme and Long's theme will be worthy purchases. I suppose I'll enjoy the Undertaker's as well.

But Victoria's theme just being on it makes the whole thing seem crappier. It's like I almost don't watn to buy it just because it's there. I could own it but never listen to that track and I would still feel hatred.

Maybe the wrestlers will talk over their theme ala Vol. 2

That pissed me off something fierce, because I was so excited to finally have Stone Cold's theme, only to have him talking trash over most of the song. The uber-crap SHawn Michaels theme, which sounded like second-rate karaoke, was a real downer too.

The uber-crap SHawn Michaels theme, which sounded like second-rate karaoke, was a real downer too.

I remember someone saying that it was actually Vince McMahon singing this. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

I'd have thought music would've been part of the WCW sale. They've had no problem putting themes for Booker T, the NWO, and Chavo on DVDs and video games.

The uber-crap SHawn Michaels theme, which sounded like second-rate karaoke, was a real downer too.

I remember someone saying that it was actually Vince McMahon singing this. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

There's no way that's Vince McMahon. If anything, at that time, I thought it was Michael Hayes.

Dames

The CD says the song was produced by Jimmy Hart, Johnston, and JJ Maguire. Could very well be that last guy. (yeah, it's kinda sad... owning Volumes 1-4, Agression, and Forceable Entry, as well as Anthology...which I love for having "Tell Me A Lie" on it)

I'd have thought music would've been part of the WCW sale. They've had no problem putting themes for Booker T, the NWO, and Chavo on DVDs and video games.

Nah. In the instruction booklet for SYM, they've got copyright info for Booker's, Flair's and I think nWo's music as well, all linking them back to Turner. I know there was at least one game where they had to take Booker's theme out because they didn't wanna pay for it.

Nah. In the instruction booklet for SYM, they've got copyright info for Booker's, Flair's and I think nWo's music as well, all linking them back to Turner. I know there was at least one game where they had to take Booker's theme out because they didn't wanna pay for it.

Other games have a different listing for Booker T's music (titled "KOS 010 #-31") that has no Turner connection, and Flair's theme was written by German composer Richard Georg Strauss in 1896 (later more famously used as the opening music for the 1968 film 2001: A Space Odessey).

Guest DVD Spree
They've had no problem putting themes for Booker T, the NWO, and Chavo on DVDs and video games.

Sorry champ, Booker and the nWo's themes have caused plenty of headaches by not being included in videogames.