TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest hey_yo

Which WWE releases will make an impact in TNA?

Guest hey_yo

Here is who I can see coming in and being useful:

Gail Kim because she has wrestled in BCW as Felina so Scott D'Amore is probably very familiar with her. She would make a nice addition to the roster and is a decent women's wrestler. I can see her feuding with Trinity and helping build a women's division or she can be a valet.

Billy Gunn to team up with B.G. James and reform a watered down version of the New Age Outlaws.

OR

Billy Gunn coming in as a team with Chuck Palumbo but the Gunn/James pairing is more likely.

Palumbo as a singles wrestler. I think he would fit in best with the NYC.

Test if he doesn't retire and if TNA still exists which is questionable 6 months from now. He still has untapped potential IMO.

I don't see how A-train and Nidia would fit in.

Billy Gunn because they will use him as a main eventer to face Jeff Jarrett at the december ppv. They will also tag team him with B.G. James, and fued with them with the Outsiders. That may have been a dream match for some back in 98, but all 4 men have aged. There could be some interest from diehard marks who loved both tag teams.

Gunn will be the biggest impact on TNA. He might pick up some interest in the short term, but after a while people will get sick and tired of him.

Palumbo might come in as a bodyguard, possibly for johhny fairplay. He can have some fun matches with Monty Brown & Abyss.

TNA doesn't have much of a women's divison. Gail Kim gives Trinity someone to work with though.

I don't see why A-Train wouldn't fit in if they could get him at an affordable price. He's a pretty decent big man, and would be a decent midcard heel for them. He could also do big man matches with Abyss and Monty Brown and put them over.

Guest hey_yo

Yea but I don't think that Gunn will be available for the December PPV because isn't there a 90 day period after wrestlers are released?

Guest hey_yo

I

don't see why A-Train wouldn't fit in if they could get him at an affordable price. He's a pretty decent big man, and would be a decent midcard heel for them. He could also do big man matches with Abyss and Monty Brown and put them over

A-train should only come in on one condition. If they stick a shirt on him. Otherwise, nobody will take him seriously.

Gail will get in as she is good freinds with Tracy Brooks. I think they were trained together.

Billy will get in im sure as TNA bookers will be wetting themselves over a NAO reunion.

Chuck, Nidia and Test I doubt will get in as being serious they cant take all the WWE rejects (just most of them it seems).

A-Train may be worth a push.

Guest hey_yo

I have an idea. They can put a mask on A-train but leave his shirt off and call him Sasquatch. Abyss and the mysterious Sasquatch would make a nice hoss team.

Yea but I don't think that Gunn will be available for the December PPV because isn't there a 90 day period after wrestlers are released?

Some do, but others don't have that 'no-compete' clause in their contracts.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Maybe we could see the return of T&A as a tag team. I always thought they worked together fairly decently as a tag team. As long as Albert puts a shirt and pants on he's fine for the most part.

Billy Gunn should just retire and it just burns me to know he'll probably show up in TNA before any of the others do.

I'm indifferent to Palumbo. As long as they'd find a tag team for him I wouldn't mind.

Chuck, Nidia and Test I doubt will get in as being serious they cant take all the WWE rejects (just most of them it seems).

Nidia did win on a reality show, maybe she could be feuded with Fairplay. Granted, that's not really a good idea but it's an idea.

To make a more literal answer to the thread's title; none of them.

Now, the ones I think are of any use, meanwhile, are A-Train and Chuck Palumbo.

Gail's only going to be worthwhile if they want to start a women's division. If not, she's a waste of money.

Nidia would be a waste of money even if they had a women's division.

Billy Gunn might get a pop once or twice, but he's too injury-prone and mediocre in singles matches.

It's unknown if Test will even be wrestling again, but he too is injury-prone and bad, and worse yet also completely bereft of charisma.

A-Train and Chuck Palumbo are both decent enough to be effective in TNA, but neither would really make an impact.

As a public service, I shall prepare you all right now...

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages...TNA Wrestling proudly brings to you...it's NWA TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS OF THE WOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRLD...B-JIZZLE BG JAMES! THE ASS MAN, KIP SOPP! THE NEW...AGE...OUTLAAAAWS!"

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages...TNA Wrestling proudly brings to you...it's NWA TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS OF THE WOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRLD...B-JIZZLE BG JAMES! THE ASS MAN, KIP SOPP! THE NEW...AGE...OUTLAAAAWS!"

Doesn't the WWE still hold the copyright on the New Age Outlaws?

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages...TNA Wrestling proudly brings to you...it's NWA TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS OF THE WOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRLD...B-JIZZLE BG JAMES!  THE ASS MAN, KIP SOPP!  THE NEW...AGE...OUTLAAAAWS!"

Doesn't the WWE still hold the copyright on the New Age Outlaws?

I don't THINK they do...

I could be wrong about that though.

I don't think anyone doubts that TNA will try to get Gunn/James vs Nash/Hall on the card as fast as possible.

Personally, I'd like to see Palumbo, O'Haire, and Stamboli reunite with Mike Sanders in TNA, but I know my chances of seeing that are rather slim. But I think the Thrillers could be an awesome team now that they have a few years experience under them.

The two mentions of Natural Born Thrillers reunions in this thread make me smile.

Update:Jazz, Rodney Mack and Johnny Stamboli were all cut today. They could:

1)Get Jazz and Gail, throw them in with Trinity and maybe some of the Mexican females, start a womens division that would be worth watching.

2)Put Stamboli in the NYC. I was just starting to like the FBI as babyfaces too. I'm indifferent to Johnny, but I see him coming in with Gilbertti and co.

Gunn is almost a lock to come in, as he was visiting TNA months back talking about his disgruntled state with the WWE. A-Train has enough time to try and make something of himself, and is better than most big men. Palumbo could work out well IF they find a niche for him, otherwise he'll just be boring old Chuck Palumbo.

Guest whitemilesdavis
The two mentions of Natural Born Thrillers reunions in this thread make me smile.

Update:Jazz, Rodney Mack and Johnny Stamboli were all cut today.  They could:

1)Get Jazz and Gail, throw them in with Trinity and maybe some of the Mexican females, start a womens division that would be worth watching.

2)Put Stamboli in the NYC.  I was just starting to like the FBI as babyfaces too.  I'm indifferent to Johnny, but I see him coming in with Gilbertti and co.

Gunn is almost a lock to come in, as he was visiting TNA months back talking about his disgruntled state with the WWE.  A-Train has enough time to try and make something of himself, and is better than most big men.  Palumbo could work out well IF they find a niche for him, otherwise he'll just be boring old Chuck Palumbo.

If they get Stamboli, Gunn, or Palumbo, they should go straight to the main event. It may seem strange to immediately push the WWE cast-offs, but that is where TNA is right now. They need something bad.

I don't think they'll get any of them as regular employees, though.

Guest whitemilesdavis

That's what I expect. Build up a program with them, job them to Jarrett at a pay-per-view.

Update:Jazz, Rodney Mack and Johnny Stamboli were all cut today. They could:

2)Put Stamboli in the NYC. I was just starting to like the FBI as babyfaces too. I'm indifferent to Johnny, but I see him coming in with Gilbertti and co.

I'd like to see the Mamalukes reunite. I never really liked Stamboli or Vito as singles wrestlers, but they were alright as a tag team.

Gunn is almost a lock to come in, as he was visiting TNA months back talking about his disgruntled state with the WWE.

Gunn also lives in Orlando, which would be a big plus for TNA. And if he comes in and makes it 4LK, he'd immediately be the 2nd best wrestler in that group. How sad is that?

Palumbo could work out well IF they find a niche for him, otherwise he'll just be boring old Chuck Palumbo.

If James Storm can get over in TNA, Palumbo could probably do it as well.

Guest Banders Kennany

Man, TNA has all the pieces on the table right now. Personally I feel bad for all of these guys now, because whether they sucked or not, many were just undertulized and never got that chance they needed to shine. If I was TNA I would be itching to get these guys. Not to mention there's still Kanyon out there, who is the best potential new hire. Hell at this point they have enough guys to stage a WWE invasion.

Rodney Mack: I see a Midcard Louisiana bruiser gimmick with his name on it.

Stamboli: Solid upper midcard guy who could be perfect as a bodyguard dimwit or the muscle to the NYC.

Rico: Hire him. Midcard gay gimmick, or a stoolie gimmick.

Test & Palumbo: I'd get Palumbo a chance to get some seasoning on the indies and then bring them in as a tag once Test is healthy. Imposing power tag team and Test still has good "credibility" from the WWE which not many of the released have, since they were mostly jobberoni fodder.

A-Train: Now this could be interesting. I would love him versus Abyss and he could help work with fellow big power wrestler Monty Brown.

Billy Gunn: I don't care for him, with his bad attitude but he is a lock to be hired. Looks like it will be the 4LK, even if Billy doesn't exactly fit with the hip-hop theme. Or perhaps he makes James break with them ....?

Nidia, Jazz, Gail Kim: Pretty decent start to a women's division. Add in Trinity and Tracy Brooks and it looks all good to me. Give Nidia some seasoning in the indies first to tone up that bod.

Good swipings for TNA.

Guest Donners

Rico's the only one I'd really like to see get a chance. As for those who will probably show up, Gunn and A-Train wouldn't be too bad.

Billy Gunn: I don't care for him, with his bad attitude but he is a lock to be hired. Looks like it will be the 4LK, even if Billy doesn't exactly fit with the hip-hop theme. Or perhaps he makes James break with them ....?

That's what I was thinking. Bringing Gunn in may be the best way to get Killings back to being a solo act again.