TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Mandarin

The OAO Jakks Classic Superstars Thread

For those of you who aren't in the know, lineups are/were as so (ranked in order of how much they impressed me):

CS1- Bret Hart, Ultimate Warrior, Andre the Giant, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels and Triple H

CS2- Ric Flair, Dude Love, Mankind, George Steel, Sgt. Slaughter, Big John Studd

CS3- Ted DiBiase, Bret Hart, Jake Roberts, Undertaker, Jimmy Snuka, Ultimate Warrior

CS4- Yokozuna, Roddy Piper, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Hillbilly Jim, Junkyard Dog, Tito Santana

CS5- Terry Funk, Iron Shiek, Paul Orndorff, Brutus Beefcake, Nik Volkoff, King Kong Bundy

CS Tag Teams 1- Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart, Hawk and Animal, Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty

There's also a Ric Flair variant and a shitty Andre/Studd/Roberts 3-pack. CS6 is said to contain Rick Martel, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, "Adorable" Adrian Adonis, Honky Tonk Man, Hulk Hogan and Harley Race, which sounds like the best lineup yet.

Right now, I've got 10 of them total.

Personally, I'm going with either Yoko, Ric or Neidhart being the best of the line. I haven't picked either up yet, but I'm willing to fight tooth and nail for plastic men. Hell, I did today when I had to bodycheck a British kid to get to a CS3 Bret Hart.

Here's what I have in my collection so far...

Series I

Ultimate Warrior, Bret Hart, & HBK

Series II

Ric Flair & Sgt. Slaughter

Series III

Bret Hart, Ted DiBiase, Undertaker

Working at a KB, we've been getting more than a few shipments for each series when they first come out. I don't want to spend all the money to collect each series though, so I only buy a few from each. Right now, my favorite is probably Bret from Series III. Everything is perfect, and it's improved from the first, with the elbow pads, knee pads, wrist tape, glasses, and better tights. DiBiase is a close second. He's also perfect, but Bret gets the nod from me only because he's my favorite of all time. I'm still waiting for Series IV, mainly because of Yoko, who is right now, the only one I plan on buying.

There's always one per box. Out of the three series, we've gotten MANY boxes of series II, so yes, I've seen MANY. Since it says "Limited Quantity" on the box for Dude, everyone automatically picks him up. I'm not really a hardcore collector for rare figures. I open all of them anyway, so Dude never really interested me, especially since I didn't really like the figure anyway.

I've been a big fan of the series so far. Only have picked up Bret from Series 1, Flair, Mankind, and Big John Studd (this one was a gift) from Series 2. I wanted Dibease and Warrior from 3, but didn't have any money. Is Series 4 in stores yet? I will KILL for a Yoko, that fig looks f'n sweet. And yea, I don't keep them in box, I take em out and run a fed.... how embarassing.

Guest Neuro

The only one I've got is the Dude Love from CS2, since I've just started collecting figures...

Iron Sheik...hell yes!

So far I have Warrior from the first series (and hopefully will eventually get an Andre).

Two: Steele, Studd, Slaughter

Three:DiBiase ,Hart, Roberts, Snuka

and the Road Warriors tag pack.

Even though, I just got Bret recently, that Hart Foundation two pack looks to cool to pass up. I may eventually get Mankind and Flair too.

Best thing of all is the fact that CS 4 includes classic blets including the bad ass winged eagle world title w/ Yoko.

I own CS1 HBK, Bret, Warrior, CS2 Flair and Mankind, and CS 3 Bret. I want CS3 Warrior, Jake and Dibiase, plus the LOD 2 pack.

I'll be getting CS 4 Piper and Yoko when they pop up in stores.

Might as well clarify that I have CS1 Bret Hart, Ultimate Warrior, Andre the Giant and Undertaker, CS2- Ric Flair, Mankind and Sgt. Slaughter, and CS3 Ted DiBiase, Bret Hart and Jake Roberts. And Piper and Yoko from CS4.

Edited by CM Funk

From InsidePulse's figure section, here's the upcoming line-ups...

Classic SuperStars 6

The Rock (2000)

Shawn Michaels 2 (Rockers)

Doink the Clown

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

One Man Gang

Earthquake

Andre the Giant 2 (1 Strap)

KoKo B. Ware (w/ Frankie)

Classic SuperStars 7

Rocky Miavia 2 (1997)

Harly Race

Jerry "The King" Lawler

"Superstar" Billy Graham

Akeem

Don Moracco

Cactus Jack

One more TBD

There are definitely some good ones in there: Doink, Bobby Heenan, Earthquake, and Cactus Jack I'll likely buy.

Guest TheLastBoyscout
How does HHH get to be a "classic superstar"? I mean, I know why, he just seems out of place on the list of guys.

It's old school blue blood HHH.

CS4- Yokozuna, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Junkyard Dog, Tito Santana

CS5- Terry Funk, Iron Shiek, Paul Orndorff, Brutus Beefcake, Nik Volkoff, King Kong Bundy

CS Tag Teams 1- Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart

Classic SuperStars 6

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

One Man Gang

Andre the Giant 2 (1 Strap)

KoKo B. Ware (w/ Frankie)

Classic SuperStars 7

Harly Race

Jerry "The King" Lawler

"Superstar" Billy Graham

Don Moracco

One more TBD

Goin after those.....hopefully the TBD is Greg Valentine

I've been putting off getting any of these since the first couple of series didn't do much for me, but Bobby Heenan? Harley Race? Bundy? Gang? My god, I'm so there.

I've yet to see any of the Classic Superstars in stores (albeit, I've not looked to hard), so I must ask how much they retail for? Where's the best place to get them, too?

Guest bigm350

I just got a CS 1 Bret Hart as an early Christmas present from the wife. Its pretty cool. Now I know the Series 1 Bret has the black top with pink tights, what does the Series 3 Bret look like? And which one is better out of the two? I also want to pick up a Flair, HBK, and a Hogan one when that comes out.

Series 3 Bret is modeled exactly after Wrestlemania VIII, with the all-pink tights. It actually says Hitman on the back, and he does have his knee pads, elbow pads, and pink sunglasses. The only flaw is that he comes with the current IC Title, but at least the old school one came out in Series 4. Overall, I'd say Series 3 is better.

At KB, I put a Yokozuna and Hillbilly Jim aside in the back last week. The other day, as I was ringing someone up on register, one of the managers walks up with my figures and sells them to someone. Despite telling her I put them aside for myself, she just acted confused and sold them. Idiot.

I wonder if there will be a Ravishing Rick Rude figure?

I finally saw some in stores the other night and once my brother went on about how ugly they were, I was sure I'd get a couple from him for Christmas. Nope. He just thought they were ugly.

I picked up Yokozuna the other night. It's an awesome figure, although the head is small. Bret Hart's head is actually bigger. It's no big deal, though. Besides, he comes with the winged eagle World Title. I'll be picking up Piper and Hillbilly Jim soon, also.