TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nanks

Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka

I pictured Depp as Wonka having the Sleepy Hollow hair, with the pimpin' tophat. Then I saw this and was crushed. It would have been so much better with the long, crazy hair.

Oh, aye, you ain't the only one to think that. The teaser poster is good and all..but the hair is just too perfect for him.

Ichabod*hair would've worked wonders, and I imagine or rather hope we'll see something like that. After all, so far as I know, a lot of Depp-Burton movies results in really crazy hair. Edward Scissorhands, Ichabod Crane... Though Icchy's started out neat, then became more and more wild as the movie progressed. I loved it...so metaphorical for his state of mind.

Guest Nanks
I pictured Depp as Wonka having the Sleepy Hollow hair, with the pimpin' tophat. Then I saw this and was crushed. It would have been so much better with the long, crazy hair.

Oh, aye, you ain't the only one to think that. The teaser poster is good and all..but the hair is just too perfect for him.

Ichabod*hair would've worked wonders, and I imagine or rather hope we'll see something like that. After all, so far as I know, a lot of Depp-Burton movies results in really crazy hair. Edward Scissorhands, Ichabod Crane... Though Icchy's started out neat, then became more and more wild as the movie progressed. I loved it...so metaphorical for his state of mind.

That could very easily happen with this movie. Wonka just starts out as a recluse, it's only as the story progresses that we find out how crazy he is.

Guest El Satanico

We need to remember that these are promotional pictures, so he probably won't look as neat and perfect in action. Or perhaps like someone else said, this is his facade and we will see him become more and more insane.

He looks gay.

Like child molestor gay.

Which would of course explain Yuna's love.

:huh:

Um......no. I'm a fan of both Depp and Burton, plus I liked the original Willy Wonka. So of course I would look forward to this.

So far I plan to see two movies in 2005, and those will be Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith, and Peter Jackson's remake of King Kong. This one may go on the list. We'll have to wait and see.

As for Wonka looking like a child molestor in this movie...well, the 73 Wonka looked the same way...sort of.

That trailer looked like complete tripe. How anyone could be excited for that I do not know. It looks like its from the same seed as Son of the Mask. Isn't Wonka supposed to be an old man? If he is, how is this the 'faithful' adaptaion of the book. Also, didn't Dahl not like the musical interludes in the original? So why now are there Beatles-esque jams going on? And that song....ugh....

Horrible, and VERY disappointing, hopefully the actual movie will be a million times better than what the trailer suggests

-Cheex

Guest El Satanico

Depp is older than Wilder was, he just ages well.

I haven't read the book, but from what I've gathered from people who have, Wonka is meant to look much younger than his actual age. It also doesn't sound like the book actually gives him an age.

It also looks like Tim Burton and Johnny Depp were dropping acid when filming this.

Excellent.

That trailer looked like complete tripe. ... Horrible, and VERY disappointing....

I'm finding it hard to find words to express how much I already hate this film.

WonkaCandy_ellipsisicons.gif

Gum chewing is really gross,

Gum chewing I hate the most