TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cmpunk04

2 weeks of Impact spoilers

From Alan Wojcik, as usual....

TNA Wrestling Impact and Xplosion results from Tuesday November 23rd.

Panda Energy decided TNA will be taping two shows every other week. Sources told me this move saves the company $50,000 a week. So this will be a very long evening and I’m not too sure how the fans will react to it. While the Pit was waiting to go in Randy Savage (minus the trench coat but wearing a long sleeve shirt) and Brian Adams arrived, so they will keep the momentum going for the six man Turning Point main event.

TNA Wrestling Impact matches to air next Tuesday November 30 at 4PM.

The taping began with the pre-show video recapping the Kings of Wrestling’s attack of the locker room, XXX/AMW, Abyss/Monty Brown and the return of Randy Savage. The guys attacked at the end of last week’s show watched on as AJ Styles knocked on the Kings Of Wrestling’s door and then sucker punched Scott Hall.

(1) America’s Most Wanted defeated The NYC’s (Gilberti and Swinger w/Trinity).

This is the third week in a row these teams have wrestled but this is the first time wrestling happened. NYC’s kept Chris Harris isolated from James Storm early on. Gilberti made the error of attacking Storm and he got hit with a hot shot which allowed an AMW tag. They hit isolated Gilberti and hit him with the Death Sentence to win.

Shane Douglas interviewed Dusty Rhodes about the main event for today’s show, Scott Hall vs. AJ Styles. They played a video asking the fans to vote on the WWE footage to be shown at Turning Point. Out of commercial they played video hyping Petey Williams vs. Chris Sabin on the PPV.

(2) In a non-title match, Chris Sabin defeated Michael Shane (w/Traci Brooks) and NWA World X Division champion Petey Williams (w/Scott D’amore.)

I am a fan of the X matches and believe they need more then 10 minute time limit allowed on Impact. Watch this when it airs as I will not describe the entire match. Williams dumped Shane to the floor after Shane hit Sabin with shoulder backbreaker. Williams once again failed to hit the Canadian Destroyer as Sabin countered into the Cradle Shock for the win.

Shane Douglas interviewed Raven who had two druids with him about the beef with DDP. Raven gave no response.

(3) Raven (w/the LOTR helmet) vs. “the Shooter” Vordell Walker.

The match began and immediately DDP came from the crowd with a house mic ending it. He told Raven that after he retired from the business, he didn’t like hearing how Raven went around claiming he made DDP. DDP said he used to consider Raven a friend and then rehashed some old WCW news including involving Page’s ex wife Kimberly. Raven finally responded that all of this wasn’t about Kimberly but it really involved Eric Watts. The two druids entered the ring and tried to jump Page but he hit both of them with Diamond Cutters.

Back from break they ran the same Kid Kash coconut video.

(4) Hector Garza defeated Kid Kash (w/ a coconut but minus Dallas).

This X division match began with some mat wrestling which Garza faired better than Kash. Kash tried to speed things up and Garza controlled that too. Garza was heading to a victory until Michael Shane and Frankie Kazarian tried to interfere. It backfired and Garza got the win. Shane and Kazarian jumped Garza after the bell but he was saved by Amazing Red, Sonjay Dutt, Shark Boy and D-Ray 3000.

Back from commercial footage of the feud between Team Canada and 3 Live Kru played.

(5) Ron “the Truth” Killings vs. Bobby Roode (w/Scott D’amore).

Good hard hitting match that saw at the end Killings hit the Bookend but D’amore distracted Rudy Charles as Eric Young ran out to jump Killings. BG James came out to save Killings’ who then hit Roode with a sitout pedigree for the win. BG talked about Turning Point so I guess 3LK vs. Team Canada at the PPV.

Back from break they played something the live crowd didn’t get to see.

(6) Scott Hall defeated “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles.

Hall came out but Razor Ramon wrestled the beginning of the match as the show went to commercial. During the break Borash got the fans to chant AJ over and over. Back from commercial Kevin Nash came to ringside as Hall took control over Styles. The fans helped Styles get back into the match. Nash hit Styles in the back of the head with a clothesline but Hall didn’t get the pin. As referee Andrew Thomas yelled at Nash to go back to the locker room, Jeff Hardy tried to help Styles but it backfired as he kept Thomas too long because Jeff Jarrett came from the crowd and hit Styles with a guitar shot. Hall fell onto Styles for the pin. The Kings went to attack Styles more but Randy Savage brought the babyface locker room to the ring and then told the Kings off on the mic to end the show.

Between shows Borash told the fans that the Turning Point PPV would be hosting troops from Tampa’s MacDill Air Force base as well as a limited number of local fans.

TNA Wrestling Impact matches to air Friday December 3rd.

There wasn’t a pre-show video so tune in December 3rd.

(1) XXX (“Primetime” Elix Skipper and “Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels) defeated Sonjay Dutt and Amazing Red.

Dutt/Red had control early on until Skipper broke up a submission move. XXX beat down Red before he could get Dutt tagged into the match and he seemed to be in control. Red made a blind tag back into the match and was ready to hit Daniels with the Code Red but Skipper hit Red with a spinning heel kick to the face. Daniels then rolled up Red for the win.

Shane Douglas interviewed AMW about the Six Sides of Steel match on the PPV.

Back from break Shane Douglas interviewed Monty Brown about the upcoming World title match but Abyss hit him in the back with an object that looked like a pipe.

(2) Abyss (w/sack of thumb tacks and pipe) destroyed Matt Mayer (??) and Vance Desmond with moves that led to the Black Hole Slam. Abyss was ready to dump the tacks on the mat but the TNA referees saved the intended targets from damage. Abyss chased Borash into the ring and it caused Borash to rip a seam in his pants. The taping was brought to a halt as Borash went to replace his pants with jeans and the Hawaiian Tropic girls tossed shirts.

Before the main event Scott Hall and Kevin Nash demanded air time to talk about their six man bout at Turning Point. The crowd chanted BORING as Nash sang a verse or two for Monty Brown that I don’t wish to repeat here. Hall took a camera hostage and the “Silver Fox” took off to the locker room area.

(3) Kid Kash defeated Chris Sabin.

Good X Division match. At the end Sabin had Kash set for the Cradle Shock but Kash countered into a pin using a handful of Sabin’s tights for leverage.

Mike Tenay and Don West spoke but as usual we didn’t hear them. Before the main event DDP came out to the ring area and climbed in with the fans. But Raven was also in the crowd and he hit DDP with a garbage can. He dragged DDP into the ring and beat him down kicks to the chest and face. DDP fought back but Raven avoided the Diamond Cutter and headed to the locker room. Many fans didn’t see it but Eric Watts stood high atop the seats and looked down at DDP in the ring. Tenay and West spoke again probably going over the keys to the main event.

(4) NWA World Heavyweight champion Jeff Jarrett defeated “Alpha Male” Monty Brown.

This was the first NWA World Heavyweight title match on Impact. Brown came out with his ribs taped up from the attack by Abyss. Early on Brown showed off his obvious strength advantage over Jarrett. Jarrett countered a shoulder block, took over on the offense and brought the fight out to the floor where he attacked the injured ribs. During the floor fight TV went to break. TV came back as Jarrett brought the fight back into the ring where he kept control of the match. Jarrett tried a bear hug on Brown and barely got his hands locked. Brown fought back and hit Jarrett with a double under hook suplex. Brown blocked several punches by Jarrett and fired ones of his own before hitting a running Powerslam for 2. Brown hit a powerbomb and got 2. Brown hit Jarrett and referee Rudy Charles with a fallway slam. Jarrett hit Brown with a guitar shot and the stroke but only got 2. Brown hit the POUNCE on Jarrett but Hall came out and he got too got POUNCED. As Rudy Charles took care of Hall, Jarrett hit Brown in the back and head with chair shots. Jarrett pinned Brown as the fans reigned down boos. They showed AJ Styles and Jeff Hardy lying unconscious the victims of an attack that will be shown on the TV show.

Meh...as much as I like Sabin...I'm getting tired of this 'OMG he can counter the Destroyer'...I mean...we get it. When the hell is Petey gonna finally hit it, so that it'll be Can Sabin counter it when it counts? Rather then Wonder when in this match he's going to counter it..

Meh...as much as I like Sabin...I'm getting tired of this 'OMG he can counter the Destroyer'...I mean...we get it. When the hell is Petey gonna finally hit it, so that it'll be Can Sabin counter it when it counts? Rather then Wonder when in this match he's going to counter it..

They have went another direction

"Can Williams find a way to defeat Sabin without the Destroyer?"

Basically make Williams out to be more than a one move can beat you wrestler, which I would actually like to see. Him defeating Sabin without the Destroyer would be interesting.

Or he finds a way to reverse the Cradle Shock at Turning Point back into the Destroyer for the win.

Mike Tenay and Don West spoke but as usual we didn’t hear them. Before the main event DDP came out to the ring area and climbed in with the fans. But Raven was also in the crowd and he hit DDP with a garbage can. He dragged DDP into the ring and beat him down kicks to the chest and face. DDP fought back but Raven avoided the Diamond Cutter and headed to the locker room. Many fans didn’t see it but Eric Watts stood high atop the seats and looked down at DDP in the ring. Tenay and West spoke again probably going over the keys to the main event.

Holy shit, it almost looks like Raven was in a segment where he didn't get beaten up or job.

On one hand, at least the show isn't a massive pile of jobber squashes. On the other, though, Dusty just gave away Jarrett vs. Brown I. *Sigh.*

Guest MikeSC

Did anybody NOT see JJ going over Brown to retain the World Title?

The only way Jeff loses the strap is if he drops dead in the middle of the ring --- and then it's only a 50-50 shot.

-=Mike

...I think my negativity is well-deserved, even though I think Brown is the drizzling shits...

Guest LooneyTune

Rhodes' finger prints are someone winning a title...and then having the decision reversed or the match restarted. Jarrett will not loase the title on regular TV. Hell, I don't think he'll lose it period. When did he win the title the last time? March? It's been so long I can't remember.

I like when you guys say "Well, maybe longer..." when I accurately proclaim TNA will be out of business in 5 months.

First, you're not the first to say TNA won't last _ months. Second, we'll see if it's accurate in 5 months.

I'm not saying these shows are going to be great (since I haven't seen them), but I'm glad they're having more matches, and actually putting important ones in the main event. Hall/Styles and Jarrett/Brown are a welcome change from meaningless matches that make no difference in the fueds.

Guest Donners

That "TNA will be dead in X months" is so stale. It's been going on for years. One day it someone may well stumble across the right number, but it's already been wrong countless times.