TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

*Smackdown Spoilers*

From Meltzer:

WWE Smackdown spoilers from Montreal

by Patrick Lono

Very poor attendance for this great wrestling town. The heat was hard to come by. Security spent a lot of time moving people around during the dark matches to fill the on-camera sections. They also confiscated all signs that had nothing to do with WWE.

Dark Matches:

- Spike Dudley b Tyson Dux (announced from Montreal despite being from Toronto)

- Funaki & Paul London b Nunzio & Shannon Moore (good match, got the crowd going).

Velocity:

- Hardcore Holly b Robbie McAllister (Toronto indy worker)

- Kenzo Suzuki b Charlie Haas

Crowd was told to stand and prepare for the SmackDown! opening. They introduced the new WWE diva, Lauren. She did a lap around the ring and left. They then brought out Teddy Long. The SmackDown! opening was never taped.

Long stated that Kurt Angle must apologize in the ring tonight to Joy Giovanni for what he did last week or he will be removed from the title match at the Royal Rumble and will not receive another title shot in 2005 (gotta love those stips nobody believes). He also said that it will be open season on Kurt Angle after he apologizes.

JBL was shown backstage stating that he hasn’t swallowed what Angle did to him and that he would never do such a thing to a woman. He said Kurt Angle will pay and that no one will believe what he will do to him tonight.

The Basham Brothers (w/ Orlando Jordan) b Eddie Guerrero & Booker T – DQ

Eddie got a huge pop coming out. They were given a lot of time, approximately 20 minutes. Eddie ducked a belt shot from one of the Bashams, picked up the belt and nailed him with it. Nick Patrick turned around and saw him with the belt in his hand and called for the bell. Booker and Eddie argued after the match and Guerrero left. Booker got beat down by the Bashams and Jordan but Eddie returned for the save.

Big Show was shown backstage waiting by the door for Kurt Angle to arrive.

Miss Jackie and Dawn Marie were brought out to shoot some t-shirts into the crowd.

Scotty Too Hotty b Akio in a Royal Rumble Qualifier with the Worm.

Carlito Carribean Cool came out and had people at ringside sign a petition. He claimed Theodore Long was responsible for what happened to Joy Giovanni and for his arm being in a sling. This brought out Heidenreich who signed the petition. He said he did not want to wrestle The Undertaker in a casket match at the Royal Rumble. The lights went out and the gong sounded. An Undertaker promo aired, the standard pre-casket match routine we’ve heard many times before. Heidenreich exited by the crowd.

Show heard someone coming and grabbed a chair but it was only two anonymous women from the Dive Search.

John Cena promo hyping his Royal Rumble Qualifier with Renee Dupree.

John Cena b Rene Dupree with the FU to enter the Royal Rumble. Kenzo Suzuki jumped him after the match. They later showed a SmackDown! graphic with the two of them on it. I gather they will meet next week for the US Title.

JBL met up with Big Show and told him that for one night, they should team up to take out the cancer that is Kurt Angle. Show said that for once, JBL made sense.

Rey Mysterio b Chavo Guerrero with the 619 in a Royal Rumble Qualifier.

Kurt Angle came out through the crowd for his apology. Joy came out through the entrance but just stood there. Angle read an apology off a piece of paper. He said he knew Big Show wanted a piece of him so come and get him. Big Show entered but Angle ran down the aisle. JBL came out and told Angle he should be ashamed and must get what’s coming to him . . . and so should he; JBL and Angle shook hands. The Cabinet and Team Angle circled the ring. Big Show fought them off for a while but couldn’t overcome. After an Angle Slam, JBL nailed him with a chair and Show juiced. Out came the EMTs to end the show.

Dark Main Event:

Undertaker b JBL & Orlando Jordan in a casket match. Taker was the most over guy on the show.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Twenty minutes of Bashams?

S2H gets a spot in the rumble and Paul London likely wont? i hate this company.

Wow, horrible TNA spoilers towards their next ppv and then this? I think the wrestling gods slipped some " I dont give a shit about the product " pill to these writers tonight....

I'm amazed how Smackdown gets better ratings currently than RAW with the shit they are pulling out of their ass lately on the show. The last 3 or 4 weeks have really been weak as hell, so much I dont even want to waste a minute to see it.

Scotty is in just for the worm. He'll get in his spot on some jobber heel and then get eliminated by whoever is the monster of the Rumble (probably Batista).

If Akio and London both don't get in, I'd love to see them in an entertaining Heat match.

I thought London qualified on a house show.

Regardless, at this point Scotty fucking 2 Hotty doesn't deserve a spot in the Rumble more than Akio does.

So since Angle's apology was not sincere (of course the usual), is he being taken out of the title match?

Guest Fook_Theta
Scotty Too Hotty b Akio in a Royal Rumble Qualifier with the Worm.
I fucking hate WWE booking. Well I guess this means Akio vs London Ladder match, but eh. God I hope so, and I hope it steals the fucking show.

Why on Earth would an Akio/Paul London ladder match be booked? YOU'RE JUST MAKING IT UP!

Oh, and this is a terrible, terrible show from a terrible, terrible company.

London and the rest match better make it to Velocity. I'd expect it will.

Guest Frank_Nabbit

This is Scotty's "reward" since he's been battling neck injuries as well as being in the WWE for 12 years. Its a good inner office Human relations move.

Another Diva, the main angle built around Joy, a looong Bashams match--ugh.

Rey vs. Chavo should be good, but I'm missing the SDs where Torrie would hog up one huge, crappy segment and the rest of the show was actually decent.

I remember I while back Eddie & Chavo having a hell of a match with the Bashams, so I'm gonna hold judgement on that match till I see it. The rest looks like crap. Whoever said London vs. Akio in a lader match.... I hope to God your right...

Just wait till next month's barbwire match between JBL & Big Show..

NOTHING could be more EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!!!!!

This makes me sick :throwup: , since RVD won't be back for a while I guess there isn't any reason for me to watch this crap.

Guest oslo

I've read several posts online that says that:

* "We're also told the Chavo Guerrero/Rey Mysterio match was off the charts with Rey doing a nutty finisher "

But in this post it says that he wins with the 619 move....guess we'll have to wait to thursady to find out...

And YET again is Paul London involved in a "match of the week" candidate....

Guest oslo

I've read several posts online that says that:

* "We're also told the Chavo Guerrero/Rey Mysterio match was off the charts with Rey doing a nutty finisher "

But in this post it says that he wins with the 619 move....guess we'll have to wait to thursady to find out...

And YET again is Paul London involved in a "match of the week" candidate....