TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
res37618

Possible Location for WrestleMania 22

Guest The Shadow Behind You

I didn't say anything about Fresno being cold...i didn't even mention fresno. I didn't even mention the weather climate in California anyways...I only said they wont do two straight California WrestleMania.

Brutally cold meaning still in the 50's and 60's. Not exactly the room tempature standard in most arenas. You don't do outdoor shows where it can rain easily.

Pheonix is a west coast city or rather western america, which i said is basically another californian location considering how geographically close they are.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Also; you can't do Mania @ Wrigley anyways since that's baseball season and unlike Safeco field, Wrigley still uses Natural Grass. That would tear the field up.

I didn't say anything about Fresno being cold...i didn't even mention fresno. I didn't even mention the weather climate in California anyways...I only said they wont do two straight California WrestleMania.

Brutally cold meaning still in the 50's and 60's. Not exactly the room tempature standard in most arenas. You don't do outdoor shows where it can rain easily.

Pheonix is a west coast city or rather western america, which i said is basically another californian location considering how geographically close they are.

Yes you did. In another thread... "Upcoming PPV Locations" I believe. You said Fresno was "cold" and SJ was "warmville". Phoenix, regardless of their proximity to California, is NOT a Californian location. It is Arizona. It's like saying putting Mania in Milwaukee is an Illinois Mania just because it's right across the border. Go back to listening to Life of Agony or something.

WWE could probobly still run Wrestlemania at the Silverdome

*sigh* I wish. This place is where they put themselves on the pop culture map and made the company profitable in the long term. They need to do one more show there before the place gets torn down.

with Triple H vs Heidenreich as the main event

Hopefully not that part, though.

Wrestlemania in San Antonio would be sweet! They could have it in the Alamodome, which easily holds 30k. San Antonio hasn't had a PPV since Royal Rumble '97, and plus HBK is the hometown boy. Is it likely that it'll happen? Not anytime soon, but it's always nice to wish.

Top 25 Populated Markets

NYC**

LA**

Chicago**

Houston*

Philadelphia*

Phoenix

San Diego

San Antonio

Dallas

Detroit*

San Jose

Indy*

Jacksonville

SF

Columbus

Austin

Memphis

Baltimore

Milwakue

Fort. Worth

Charlotte

El Paso

Boston*

Seattle*

D.C

You can take out San Diego, SF and San Jose since i strongly doubt they will do two straight Californian Mania's. Jacksonville doesn't have a major indoor venue. Phx is certaintly a open choice but it's pratically another californian location. San Antonio is a possibility. Columbus isn't appealing enough for a Mania location and it's not a good city anyways wrestling wise. Memphis is a strong wrestling market. As is Baltimore. Ft.Worth is basically shared with dallas for big venue, so i merged those two into one. Milwakue is possible but is vince going to do a second baseball field in 5 years? and DC hosts the 2005 SummerSlam.

Um, where the hell is Atlanta on that list?

Guest TootyFruity

I wonder, if Vince is big on WrestleMania 20th anniversary stuff, if he would consider doing a show like WrestleMania II which took place from 3 different venues? That's the only way I could see Calgary get a WrestleMania show there.

Are there any fundemental problems with doing such a setup? It would seem to make sense since you can sell out 3 buildings instead of just one.

Guest TootyFruity
isn't it still brutally cold in late march/early april in chicago? it's too unpredictable with the weather and all.

It's into the 60s by April.

You're just as likely to get a temperature in the 30s as you are in 60s

Guest Loss

Would they be willing to hold a WM in a market that's notorious for cheering and booing the "wrong" people?

Calgary doesn't have a big enough venue to properly host WM.

McMahon Stadium holds 35 000 plus for football, so for wrestling it could easily top 45 000. Saddledome is bigger than MSG, too.

Here's a pic of McMahon Stadium:

calgary_mcmahon.jpg

Hold it in the UK for a guarenteed hot crowd.

Bad idea.

This is the era of instant information. If they did this, it would have to be on 5-hour tape delay just like SummerSlam 1992 in the UK. It was a lot less risky in 1992 because the Internet was nowhere near where it is now in terms of casual use, so the only way to find out what happened was to call the Observer or Torch 1-900 numbers. It's 2005 today, and everyone could instantly look up what happened and tell their non-smark friends what happened and so on. The word would spread like VD in summer camp in 5 hours for the biggest show of the year. The risk here is if it is a bad show and/or the main event doesn't end up the way people want it (HHH beating Batista and/or JBL beating John Cena for example), people won't order it and it could really damage the buy rate. I wouldn't sacrifice that for a "guaranteed hot crowd". I could see them doing this for a little junky PPV like Taboo Tuesday or something, but not one of the big 4 and certainly not the biggest of the 4.

They should have it at the Metrodome in Minneapolis - AWA used to run their "supercards" there occasionally.

I want Summerslam at Fenway Park.

Even better: Gillette Stadium. They could cram in 70,000 easy, if you include the seats on the field.

How about Minute Maid Park in Houston?

I believe Detroit will host WM23 on the 20th ann. of WMIII and host it @ Ford Field. Silverdome is basically falling down on its own and could hardly host another major event.

The Silverdome looked fine when I went there a few months ago for a Bush rally. They'd be smart to have it there because it'd probably be a lot of cheaper than the Ford Field. Plus nostalgia. Also, it helps that I'm 10 minutes away from the Silverdome and downtown Detroit sucks.

It just so happens, that I am moving, and, I now have a spare bedroom. With the way things are going, that should be big enough.

I want Summerslam at Fenway Park.

Even better: Gillette Stadium. They could cram in 70,000 easy, if you include the seats on the field.

How about Minute Maid Park in Houston?

Yeah, but that's out in the middle of nowhere in Foxboro and you wouldn't have the same feel as in literally inside downtown Boston, and the historical feel of Fenway.

You could have the entrance be right at center field and those gates out there. I can just picture a blimp fly over Fenway Park/Downtown Boston showing the Summerslam stage/ring/seats set up in Fenway. It would be insane.

this "Bret Hart will be at WrestleMania" thing pops up at least a couple of times a year.

and always torments the Bret mark in me in the process. :(

The Silverdome looked fine when I went there a few months ago for a Bush rally. They'd be smart to have it there because it'd probably be a lot of cheaper than the Ford Field. Plus nostalgia.

They can pack in as many wrestling fans as they can possibly draw in that region for WM, as well as fit in all the people from the coasts who will go because it's WM. They can charge high for the seats closer to the ring because they know people will pay for it, and they can charge peanuts for all the nosebleeds and get the attention of people who normally don't go to a wrestling show, just so that the place looks more filled.

I agree they probably could get close to the 75.000 people because they would get the old school fans who went to III and would want to go again for nostalgic purposes, and then they would get younger people like me who where alive then but too young to go.

I don't think Vince will ever run a WM, or any major event, at the Silverdome ever again. Vince is very protective of the image of the mythical 93,173 number now; on the few times in recent years they could have legitimately drawn a crowd bigger than that, WM X-7 for example, he’s opted not to, simply because he wants the magic number of 93,173 to stand forever. By that same token, he’s also not going to want any potential crowd they could draw there, which would never be announced as bigger than 93,173 even if it was, to be compared to it. Vince wants the myth and lore surrounding WM III to live forever, and he won’t do anything that, in his eyes, could damage it. That means no WM in the Silverdome, and no crowd that could legitimately beat 93.173.