Virgo 9/16 to 10/30

Libra 10/31 to 11/22

Scorpio 11/23 to 11/29

Ophiuchus 11/30 to 12/17

Sagittarius 12/18 to 1/19

Capricorn 1/20 to 2/15

Aquarius 2/16 to 3/11

Pisces 3/12 to 4/18

I think I'll continue to consider myself a Pisces, even though Aquarius isn't that far off.

Edit: Wow, that article is from way back in 2000.

Guest cosbywasmurdered
F' that -- I've always been an Aries. I'm ain't being no hippie Pisces...

Amen.

Guest Vitamin X

Not only do I believe that sort of thing, but I've studied it for quite some time and have discovered a good deal of it is true.

Traditional or "tropical" astrologers ignore this shift. They argue that where the vernal equinox is today is not as important as where it was. They claim that the areas of sky where the sun was over 2,000 years ago still possess the same power and virtues. Thus Leo continues to represent strength, Aries determination and so on.

Another group, the sidereal astrologers, does take the shift into account, but they are largely considered mavericks by traditionalists.

In other words, to represent where the new constellations are, they need to throw away 2000 years of representation and hard work at what the signs mean, their character, virtues, etc. and say "No, THIS is what you 'really' are" without giving further explanation as to what the new signs may mean or represent, or what the fuck this new Ophiuchus (from 11/30 to 12/17) means, taking the place of a lot of Sagi's I know born in this timeframe.

And I'm a Virgo, so I know a thing or too about overanalyzation. (Aug. 28th)

Screw that, I'm staying a Scorpio. It's my favorite wrestler from WCW/ECW and my sign. And I'm not changing to one I can't say.

Bite me.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
So apparently I've gone from a Sagittarius to an Ophiuchus. I had no idea that sign even existed.

It does in the subsection of astrology that list refers to. It doesn't exist with traditional astrologers.

Guest Vitamin X
Leo is less embarrassing than Virgo.

I would hate that, considering my real name is Leo. I get the "OMG SO YOU MUST BE A LEO THEN RIGHT LOLOL THAT WOULD BE FUNNIE" all too often when talking about astrology.

Virgos are cooler, anyways. And contrary to what our sign represents, apparently we're also one of the more sexual ones as well, below horny Scorpios anyways.

You know, I never cared about astrology, but my old sign (scorpio) was practically written for me. I'd be able to say to people who knew nothing about astrology "Hey, guess my sign." and they'd get it every time. This new libra is nothing like me. Scales aren't even an animal.

Guest T®ITEC

Oh, that makes sense, suddenly becoming an Aquarius to match my horrible personality. Suddenly there is real clarity in my life.

Guest cosbywasmurdered
Dammit, I was Cancer, baby!

Now I'm a Gemini? WTF, I'm not a fucking American Gladiator!

I'll always think of you as a cancer.

So apparently I've gone from a Sagittarius to an Ophiuchus. I had no idea that sign even existed.

It does in the subsection of astrology that list refers to. It doesn't exist with traditional astrologers.

So this is actually from some rogue offshoot of "traditional" astronomy?

What, regular astronomy wasn't full of enough rubbish for these folks?