TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frank_Nabbit

Complete HOF and inductors

Randy Orton is inducting his father? What a shock! And why is Jim Ross inducting Volkoff? I cant think of any possible connecting between the two.

Guest Frank_Nabbit
Randy Orton is inducting his father? What a shock! And why is Jim Ross inducting Volkoff? I cant think of any possible connecting between the two.

No one could guess on DVD either

What's Duggan's role?

Roddy Piper - Steve Austin

Nikolai Volkoff - Jim Ross

Huh?

I can unerstand the Austin/Piper thing because they're on WM. But JR inducting Volkoff? WTF? I'm not sure that JR has even called a Volkoff match. I think his last WWF run might have coincided with one JR's firings. They should have brought Hacksaw or DiBiase in, at least they had something to do with him during his career.

Guest Shadow

sounds like to me no one wanted to do nething with Volkoff and they took a upper positition exec to induct him to make him look not so bad but for christ sakes TED DIBIASE is employed by wwe...so it doesnt make sense unless they have a unknown friendship.

The real story here is that Bobby Heenan's inducting Mr. Wonderful.

Bobby Heenan doing anything is newsworthy, in my book.

And why is Jim Ross inducting Volkoff? I cant think of any possible connecting between the two.

Bret Hart's autograph appearance wouldn't be over in time for the ceremony, so Jim Ross stepped up...lol

Guest Ransome
Roddy Piper - Steve Austin

Nikolai Volkoff - Jim Ross

Huh?

I can unerstand the Austin/Piper thing because they're on WM. But JR inducting Volkoff? WTF? I'm not sure that JR has even called a Volkoff match. I think his last WWF run might have coincided with one JR's firings. They should have brought Hacksaw or DiBiase in, at least they had something to do with him during his career.

Clearly, they want current HOF inductees to be inducted by wrestlers they deem to be future HOF inductees whenever possible, which would explain why Foley, HBK, Big Show, Austin, JR, Lawler and Randy Orton are/have been inductors.

However, I agree that they're pushing the envelope pairing JR with Volkoff.

The real story here is that Bobby Heenan's inducting Mr. Wonderful.

Bobby Heenan doing anything is newsworthy, in my book.

Considering their history together, it makes sense.

I guess they wanted Heenan back, especially after the speech he gave at last year's HOF.

Clearly, they want current HOF inductees to be inducted by wrestlers they deem to be future HOF inductees whenever possible, which would explain why Foley, HBK, Big Show, Austin, JR, Lawler and Randy Orton are/have been inductors.

Big Show?

A future Hall of Famer?

And I thought Nikolai Volkoff was strange.

Good to hear that Heenan will be back again.

Will Bob find himself on the receiving end of an RKO? Or at least a tease of one?

If they really want to get Orton over as a supreme dick heel, they should have him threaten to RKO his father, but he won't, because his father "isn't a legend."

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Big Show?

A future Hall of Famer?

And I thought Nikolai Volkoff was strange.

Good to hear that Heenan will be back again.

If people are pimping YOKOZUNA as a HOF'er then Big Show is a HOF'er

Guest news_gimmick

Only Hogans will be aired live the night before WrestleMania (in the Velocity time spot I believe) But the rest of the inductions will be released on DVD next month, not on PPV.

Big Show?

A future Hall of Famer?

Why not? If Piper's lackey gets in then a multiple time WWE champion who will have been with the company at least ten years before he's done probably deserves to get in. He probably deserves it more than a lot of the guys in there now. I have a new found respect for Show after going back and watching his matches with Brock. The bumps he took for the guy were ones that no one Show's size should be taking, he really went above and beyond to try to get Brock over.

I know Volkoff was tag champ with the Iron Shiek but wasn't he also one half on the Mongols managed by Lou Albano? Other than that and ,I understand, a fued with Bruno....I'm not sure what else he's done.

Ideally, Freddie Blassie would have inducted him but since the Classy One has passed on...Bruno won't do it....Albano could have I suppose.

For some reason, I'm thinking that Volkoff was in Mid-South in the early 80's. Maybe that's where the connection with Ross is.

And Bob Orton was at the Gateway show last weekend as the Missouri Athletic Commission rep and got a nice round of applause from the crowd for his HOF induction.

I've been talking for a while now that the whole list, pardon Hogan, is nothing but heels. But now it's starting to look more like Hogan VS Every Major Guy He Fought For Six Years.

Piper, Orton, Mr. Wonderful, Shiek, Slaughter, and Stallone. Throw in Bobby Heenan as the guy who made disparaging remarks about Hogan all the time. You think they may make some sort of acknowledgement as to this?

from PWI:

Russ Roman sent word that WWE.com is now reporting that Chris Jericho (not Steve Austin) will be inducting Roddy Piper into the WWE Hall of Fame on Saturday 4/2 in Los Angeles, California. The final hour of the ceremonies, featuring Hulk Hogan's induction, will be broadcast on Spike TV at 11 PM Eastern.

<off topic>

Hey, Slingshot, is Ms. Chif still in GCW? I thought she was still listed on the website, but I haven't heard much else about her.

</off topic>

Volkoff saved JR from a bear once using his magical fire breath

Guest Shadow

Jericho is more sensible for Piper considering they are identical to each other.

and Jericho has modeled his career after him now it would appear.

Yeah, Jericho and Piper are quite similar, except Jericho isn't as crazy...yet.

I remember when the Piper's Pit and Highlight Reel would both be on Smackdown or Raw and they'd trade insults with each other. That was pretty funny.

<off topic>

Hey, Slingshot, is Ms. Chif still in GCW? I thought she was still listed on the website, but I haven't heard much else about her.

</off topic>

She's been gone almost exactly a year. She hurt her shoulder (I think it was the shoulder) in a 3 way match with Shawn Almighty and OuTtkast in mid March of 04.

She never returned to GCW and continued working IWA-MS (she had started with them the end of January by then) and some occasional indys like NWA Missouri and MAX.

They had her on the new site...I think in hopes they might be able to convince her to return now and again but I think she's been removed now.

W

Big Show?

A future Hall of Famer?

Why not? If Piper's lackey gets in then a multiple time WWE champion who will have been with the company at least ten years before he's done probably deserves to get in. He probably deserves it more than a lot of the guys in there now. I have a new found respect for Show after going back and watching his matches with Brock. The bumps he took for the guy were ones that no one Show's size should be taking, he really went above and beyond to try to get Brock over.

Well personally I don't agree with you.

True, "Piper's lackey" getting in is stupid and is only being done becuase his son is on the current roster. However, I don't think Big Show should get into the HOF. I really do not see what the guy has achieved in WWE to get a spot there. I can't think of one stand out moment in his WWE career.

I would try to argue more but I don't see the point considering the farce this "hall of fame" really is. Frankly, they seem to let anyone in anyway.

<off  topic>

</off topic>

She's been gone almost exactly a year. She hurt her shoulder (I think it was the shoulder) in a 3 way match with Shawn Almighty and OuTtkast in mid March of 04.

She never returned to GCW and continued working IWA-MS (she had started with them the end of January by then) and some occasional indys like NWA Missouri and MAX.

They had her on the new site...I think in hopes they might be able to convince her to return now and again but I think she's been removed now.

Is that Daisee Haze in your sig?

I'm appreciative of her IWA work.