TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boon

The Pope

That's a fraction as cool as a Pope Ringo would be. Take that back. Pope Ringo II would be cooler.

Fun fact: Ringo Starr in fact played the Pope in the movie Lisztomania, starring Roger Daltrey as pianist Franz Liszt, engaged in an eternal war with proto-Nazi Richard Wagner. Movie's fantastic, especially when Daltrey rides an 8-foot long papier-mache penis.

No one gonna make a "Remove the breathing tube" Joke?

They tried to give him one but he made a cross sign and gave them the finger.

The Pope don't need no stinkin breathin tube!

The man has been shot, stabbed, blown up and was probably on a bus that flipped over 17 times and what is going to take him down? A cold.

There is just something extremely wrong with that.

The man has been shot, stabbed, blown up and was probably on a bus that flipped over 17 times and what is going to take him down? A cold.

There is just something extremely wrong with that.

It's the War Of The Worlds all over again.

Maybe he's really a Martian.

Hey, I did. Back on page one. It was great, it had Michael Schiavo and even Judge Greer in it.

But you bastards no sold it with your obsession over bad puns.

Hey, I did. Back on page one. It was great, it had Michael Schiavo and even Judge Greer in it.

But you bastards no sold it with your obsession over bad puns.

As a member of the "Pull the Tube" lobby, I was too busy being a partisan dick to acknowledge the brilliance of your hilarious parody due to its anti-Michael Shiavo themes.

The Pope got hit by a car in the 40's, took a bullet in the 80's....Damn this dude's tough

Don't you know he's a super-hero?

He's Pope-Man! He's got the Pope-mobile, a costume, his very own city to defend, and everything! The only thing missing is a teen sidekick (fortunately).

Watching them replay the videos of him from the past few weeks, he looks like the dead guy from Weekend At Bernie's. I can picture people standing to the side going "come on it's my turn, let me bless the people!"

Guest Agent of Oblivion
That's a fraction as cool as a Pope Ringo would be. Take that back. Pope Ringo II would be cooler.

Fun fact: Ringo Starr in fact played the Pope in the movie Lisztomania, starring Roger Daltrey as pianist Franz Liszt, engaged in an eternal war with proto-Nazi Richard Wagner. Movie's fantastic, especially when Daltrey rides an 8-foot long papier-mache penis.

Fuckin' awesome. I'm getting it.

Ever seen Caveman? Ringo at the other extreme.

Watching them replay the videos of him from the past few weeks, he looks like the dead guy from Weekend At Bernie's. I can picture people standing to the side going "come on it's my turn, let me bless the people!"

keith6601

Ticketholder (cheap seats)

Group: Members

Member No.: 5284

What a debut

Watching them replay the videos of him from the past few weeks, he looks like the dead guy from Weekend At Bernie's.  I can picture people standing to the side going "come on it's my turn, let me bless the people!"

keith6601

Ticketholder (cheap seats)

Group: Members

Member No.: 5284

What a debut

Making fun of the Pope and bringing up a Jonathan Silverman movie in your debut? That's like hitting for the cycle in your first MLB game I tell you.

Guest Deadbolt

I'm a pretty devout agnostic, but at the same time, I don't like to see anyone suffer or linger. I hope that, whatever the possibilies, the Pope enjoys the best of them. Meaning that if there is a heaven, I hope he goes there, and if there isn't, well... I hope he dies in as little pain as possible.

Poll finds strong support for pope

Three-fourths of Americans surveyed hold favorable view

(CNN) -- An overwhelming majority of Americans surveyed have a favorable opinion of Pope John Paul II, according to a phone poll conducted one month ago.

A CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll of 1,008 adult Americans, including 241 Catholics, found 78 percent held a favorable view of the ailing pontiff, while 11 percent held an unfavorable view of him.

John Paul has a unique relationship with the United States. He was the first pope to visit the White House -- in 1979. In 1984, the pope re-established full diplomatic relations with Washington, which were broken off by Congress in 1867. He has condemned the death penalty, the U.S.-led war against Iraq, and abortion rights.

And during a visit last year, at the height of his re-election bid, President Bush asked for the Vatican's help in getting U.S. bishops to promote his conservative social agenda.

Among Catholics polled, more than a third -- or 38 percent -- said they view the pope as one of the greatest world leaders in their lifetime. In contrast, 17 percent of non-Catholics view him that way.

The margin of error for questions asked of Catholics and non-Catholics was plus or minus 7 percentage points; otherwise, the margin was plus or minus 3 percentage points.

In a question asked of Catholics only, two-thirds of respondents said the pope's positions are about right. A third of the respondents said he is too conservative.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/04/01...poll/index.html

I may not agree with all of his views (since I'm a pro-choice atheist and all), but I have a really favorable view of the man.

Yes, everyone is now reporting he's died.

RIP, I guess. I've got a long, long list of things I find wrong with Catholicism (some of them the papacy itself), but he meant a lot to millions, if not a billion, people.

Guest TheDon

Good Riddance. He did more Bad than Good. Shall he rest in peace. It would be funny that when he died he realized that there was no God or Heaven.

They're interupting lucha on Galavision for something Pope involved. Does that mean he's dead?

Edit: I guess I could have refreshed the page for new replies first, huh?

Well, it's nice to see that it took no less than the death of the biggest religious icon of our age in order for Fox News to FINALLY stop the fucking Terry Schiavo coverage.

Guest Brian

You're watching Lucha. You get galavision. I 'm jealous.

I'm watching Frezier/Ali III on ESPN2. They just broke the story on the ticker.

Do they have an exact time of death?

And Nancy Reagan early was on comparing her husband to the Pope....no, I don't get it either.

They're interupting lucha on Galavision for something Pope involved. Does that mean he's dead?

Shit, I forgot it was on.

Question, then: was it CMLL, or shitty old AAA?

If I missed the CMLL hour, I'm gonna be distressed.