TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LucharesuFan619

I'm going to buy Jasmin's 3PW promotion

Hell, if you received a book with all of their talent's phone numbers in it it would be worth it. Just phone up Slyk Wagner Brown and tell him how hot April Hunter is, then lock all of the doors to your house and hide in the closet.

I have Slyk's number, but I don't think April is hot. Does that count? ;) I'd rather get Sabu's number and say that his wife took pictures of my dick after a show one night (she's a photographer at all the shows he works), or something offensive like that.

this reminds me of the time my friends and I wanted to chip in and buy WCW. considering the price it got sold for, if we had all saved some cash and/or got a loan we could have done it.

cmon this whole board should chip in and buy it. Well rename it the smartmarks wrestling association or soemthing like that.

Guest jobsquad

anyway as long as there is a 3pw tread might as well post results

Greg Matthews w/Rockin Rebel d. Ron Zombie

Greg Spitz d. Drew Blood & Devan Moore in one of the better matches of the night

Trent Acid w/Johnny Kashmere d. Damian Adams

Ruckus d. Josh Daniels

Chris Crude/Cesar Smalls d. Blue Meanie

Simon Diamond w/Talia d. CJ O'Doyle

Monsta Mack d. Rockin Rebel

Slyck Wagner Brown w/April Hunter d. Roadkill w/The Blue Meanie, with unwanted assistance from Simon Diamond and Talia.

c&ped from czwfans which c&ped from doi

Heh, for the people who thought this was a joke, I read over at the DOI it wasn't! Jasmin was probably a BIT pissed off after the ownership controversy, and decided to put 3PW on eBay for sale! She was the one that put it up!

3PW IN PHILADELPHIA, PA LIVE REPORT: ROADKILL VS. SLYCK WAGNER BROWN, BLUE MEANIE, SIMON DIAMOND & MORE

by Patrick Hackett @ 5:10:00 PM on 4/11/2005

I saw 3PW Spring Cleaning on Saturday April 9th at the New Alhambra (bares the question what happened to the Old Alhambra). First and foremost it seemed like roughly 200 people or so. Good crowd, lot of us came from out of state for free and lots of PA fans enjoyed the free beer. Just for note it was my first ever 3PW show.

Show began with some Aussie guy named Michael who I was informed was the evil assitant GM. He came out to the Ding Dong the Witch is Dead... so much for sleeping dogs... he said that it was a shoot. He wants to clean up the image of 3PW and make it more fan friendly. (hence the free admission and free beer.) Announced that the tag team situation will be resolved at the next show. (I heard him say tournament, but later in the night Damian Adams said rumble sooo I guess we'll find out next month.) Went on to say that Jasmin won't be mentioned any more(he lied). He then went around ringside shaking hands, hugging fans and kissing babies(really he did this).

The matches started off with Connecticut indy mainstay (and personal favorite of mine) Ron Zombie. This brought out the Rockin Rebel. I've never really liked Reb but the crowd really sees to be into him despite him. He says he won't soil his hands facing Zombie but he knows someone who will this brings out Greg Matthews. (sporting black ball trunks with Gregenough on the back leaving me to wonder how one is exactly, Greg Enough.) Anyway pretty standard match. There was a nice dive to the outside by Matthews (completly unexpected by most.) End came when Zombie went for a DDT Greg slipped out and got the pinfall. Decent match for an opener.

Out next was a special "Rookie match" these were guys from PWU (the two have entered into some sort of agreement, good for them too much time in the Philly indies has been spent trying to put each other instead of helping each other out.) it was Greg Spitz (who by no means is a rookie) vs Dru Blood and Devan Moore. This match did not start off well but it really picked up. Blood and Moore are a tag team in PWU appearantly and it showed. The two pulled off some great double teams moves and some really impressive innovative offense. I found myself completly into the match about midway through. Real back and forth affair lots of near falls. Finish came with Blood knocked to the outside and Devan set up on top for Greg Spitz's splash mountain. Big O for the two losers as they walked out 3PW would be smart to put them in the tag match. Great win for Spitz who has come a long long way since the last time I've seen him, plus he put on some muscle. Altogether this may have been the best wrestling match of the night.

Out first was Damian Adams... followed by the Midnight Express theme and Johnny Kashmere in street clothes followed by Trent Acid. Nice to see Trent always been one of my favorites on the indy scene. Immensley talented worker. Sadly this match was not what I expect from Trent. Although his playing with the crowd was great. Especially, one three fans in the front row started a Stevie Richards chant. (Yes I was one of em. YES he did look like Stevie cut off jeans and all!) Plenty of interence from Kashmere. One cool spot saw Trent get huge height and distance on a somersault plancha. Genuinely scary moment as Trent stayed down for awhile. He got up and won the match with a vicious looking Yakuza Kick (he needs to name this move.)

Up next was Josh Daniels and Ruckus. Love Ruckus. Always entertaining. Unfortunatly, we had a man who was trying very hard to be Chris Benoit in Josh Daniels. This match really seemed to be a waste of Ruckus. Ruckus hit his usually spots which you really cant appreciate unless you see him in person. His gymnastic style is so impressive when you are a few mere feet from the ring. Anyway this match was not very good. Ruckus won with something... I wasn't really paying attention. I was glad Ruckus won but wish I got to see him with a better opponent.

Intermission, time to check out the swag. Alot of good stuff I picked up a VHS of Konnan... my buddy picked up an Abdullah action figure for the purpose of harrassing one certain wrestler. April Hunter and the World Champ Slyk drew quite the crowd. I imagine mostly to oogle April.

Up next was Cesar Smalls, who is now Kris Krude (he announced Smalls was his exotic dancer name.) Krude came out to chorus of boos and you fat explitive chants. As well as our group of fans holding up the Abby figure and chanting whose your daddy. This guy generates more heat than a fire. He walks in the room and people hate him. A few fans chanted Kris Krude stole my lunch which he produced from his trunks. Out next from his trunks were earplugs so he could drown out the constant boo'ing. Then he asked a lucky (use the term loosely) female fan to oil him down. Most people were able to keep their dinners in their stomach fortunatly. The ring announcer started to announce him... Krude had to inform him of his correct weight which he produced from under his massive "pectoral muscle". All in all a great bit. Out next was one of the most beloved people in the history of the ECW arena the BLUE MEANIE. I completly marked out. There were a few Meanie is God chants. Meanie came out and got on the mic inferring he liked Krude better as his old personality, except he didn't mean Cesar Smalls he meant as Re-Run from What's Happening. This started loud Rerun chants that sustained for a good time. The crowd was all over Krude. Krude challenged Meanie to a dance contest, which really It's Meanie he's a helluva dancer. Krude gyrated,Meanie did the Meanie dance and we declared the victor of the Dance contest. Krude said Meanie may be a better dancer but he was definitly not stronger. Test of strength that never happened followed by a sumo contest bringing Akebono chants at Krude as well as Abby Junior.

The match itself wasn't that bad. I expected a lot worse, both big men move fast for their sizes. A couple of highlights were any time there was a cross corner whip and some hit the turnbuckle the ring really moved. Krude's awesome samoan drop brought the crowd to their feet. As well as his leg drop which Meanie managed to get out of the way. Alot of height on the leg drop from the 200-plus(hey its what the ring announcer said) Krude. Finish came after Meanie rocked Krude with two lariats he went for the third and was greeted by the top rope snapping. Krude shook the cobwebs off and nailed a thunderous elbow drop for the three count. Krude celebrated and went to the back to a chorus of boos. Meanie slow to his feet but he was ok and walked to the back in a chorus of 3PW chants... he came back out and shook ever fans hand he could find more 3PW chants. Meanwhile ring crew was on their way as Meanie went to the back for good. Real good match it should bring a rematch between the two next month.

Now here is where the Arena magic happened. Krude came back dressed again. He said since Meanie was too big and broke the ring he would have to now entertain the crowd. He called attention to the Miller Lite Skybox (where the PA athletic commission was sitting.) He simply said Kimona Wannaleia has nothing on me. What followed can only be described as the best birth control ever as Kris Krude treated the 3PW faithful with a strip tease including showing his crack. I hope they dont include this in the DVD release... cause I mean well I felt ill.

The ring was fixed and we were on with the show, except those now blinded by Kris Krude's behind.

Simon Diamond came out with Talia(who much like Ruckus needs to be appreciated in person)... someone pointed out his trunks looks like Scooby Doo's dog tag. I have to agree. After Diamond was CJ O'Doyle. Damn. Thats all I can say. The crowd absolutly loves this kid. Easily his entrance was one of the biggest pops of the night. Diamond runs down O'Doyle for being a fake Irish man a gimmick he claims TNA tried to saddle him with. O'Doyle comes back with that he used to look up to Simon and practiced what Simon preached( I dont know what Simon preached but if it lands you Talia as a manager its a good idea to follow it) he said he was going to beat Diamond cause O'Doyle Rules. The crowd loves the phrase and starts chanting it... I don't like it and cheer for Simon Diamond. Match starts out real quick Simon getting the upper hand a lot of quick arm drags and hip tosses. CJ gets the upper hand following suit with some arm drags and a leg sweep. A couple quick twos and both men to their feet. Match slowed down some here with Diamond holding the upper hand through most of it. O'Doyle manages to get the momentum back which brought Talia into the ring... O'Doyle grabs her by the hair and looks to be ready to commit assualt. He backs away Simon stands up CJ ducks and the heel gets powder in the eyes. O'Doyle back over to Talia... Simon loading up for a super kick O'Doyle ducks(he's getting good at that) Talia eats boot and she's out O'Doyle puts down Simon and goes for a top rope and connects with a really nice lookin leg drop. It's good for two. O'Doyle's feeling it signals for a Diamond Cutter... connects. Someone screams RKO... I get confused. ONE.... TWO... The Arena holds their collective breathe... KICKOUT. Huge AWWW from the crowd. O'Doyle up top looking to put it away with another leg drop... no body home. Superkick cover and it's all over Simon Diamond wins.

Diamond says O'Doyle's good but not good enough. He then makes his intentions known to be the next World Champ. O'Doyle gets up to a standing O. As someone who has seen O'Doyle when he started and haven't seen him since he has grown up alot and really looks good. Could use a little work in the ring but he is definitly gonna be a big star for this company. The crowd was into this match and I'd put it just after the Krude-Meanie and Rookie match on the list of good matches for the night.

Next comes out Rebel. He said he bought 3PW for a dollar. He and Matthews quote Maury Povich and say Jasmin you are NOT the owner of 3PW. Burn. Out next is Monsta Mack. Rebel tries to reason with Mack they share a quick laugh and high five before Mack clears the ring. Lot of out of the ring antics during this match. I found myself enjoying it alot more than I thought. A lot of Greg Matthews interference. A nice suicide dive from Mack. Good brawling action. Mack won with a lariat which I thought was kinda eh after a pretty good match. Matthews and Reb attack post match... out comes Damian Adams to clean house. They say some things about Balls... I dont really care to repeat and basically set up the two for the tag tournament next month.

It's time of the Main Event. Before I get to the actual match I gotta say they give a great job making the match feel special before it started. Stare downs and all sorts of stuff really gave it a nice feel. The match though was so-so. I really couldn't get into it as I was never really a fan of Roadkill. I have always liked Slyk ever since I saw him in a UWF show a while back. It's nice to see he's getting recognition and will be a great world champ for 3PW. The end of the match came after much interfernce from Diamond he finally pushed Roadkill off the top through a table on the outside rolled him back into the ring. Slyk with the pin. Diamond says Slyk owes him and that he'll take his shot next month. Huge ovation for Roadkill, a big "Thank You Roadkill" chant (is he leaving?) Roadkill said no thank you. Nice touch.

They announced that next month will have the Tag Team Tournament/Rumble, debut of B-Boy, return of Striker aaaaand we'll also have Slyk vs Simon for the title.

Biggest Pops:

1. Meanie

2. CJ O'Doyle

3. Return of Striker mention at the end.

Most Heat:

1. Kris Krude

2. Slyk Wagner Brown (especially after the Boston references.)

3. Simon Diamond

Overall it was a really enjoyable show and hope I can make it down to see it again next week.

I cant imagine if this board bought its own wrestling promotion..

It's ashame its over, cause if 500 members chip in $360, we could have it..

We should do that

Quote:

" from PWU (the two have entered into some sort of agreement, good for them too much time in the Philly indies has been spent trying to put each other instead of helping each other out. "

Oh the irony of that statement.

I just checked the auction, and found out that nobody bid, bwahaha. The idea of asking 180 grand for an indy wrestling promotion... well, there are terms like "incredibly bloody stupid" and "mindfuckingly ludicrous", but those terms, fine as they are, just don't accurately convey the truly amazing volume of crack that must've been smoked in order to come up with that figure. Especially when you consider that buying the promotion basically nets you nothing but a ring and a videotape library of just a couple dozen shows.

Going off topic, I noticed Greg Matthews from TE1 fame worked the show. I know he used to do some CZW shows as well. Does anyone know how good he is?

Guest jobsquad

he was(have not seen any of his post czw stuff) very much the better half of his tag team with rebel. He had an enjoyable match with gage at redefined. if he left rebel and stayed healthy he could probably easily be an upper midcard guy in many areas of the country.

Guest jobsquad

well i do not think you even get a ring last time i watched a 3pw tape they were useing what looked like the czw ring.

anyway stuff for the may 3pw show

balls mahoney Vs ???? ecw style fbtw(frying pan baking sheet etc)

3PW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:

SLYCK WAGNER BROWN With APRIL HUNTER © Vs. SIMON DIAMOND With TALIA

3PW Tag Team Rumble...and once again, it's for the TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS!

KINGS OF PHILLY: (STEVE MACK & DAMIAN ADAMS)

BLACKBALLED: (ROCKIN' REBEL & GREG MATTHEWS)

ROADKILL & The BLUE MEANIE

STERLING JAMES KEENAN & DIRK SIGLER

and some more aperentley

"3Pw Wrestling is for sale. This would entitle you to corporate papers and documents(I will transfer ownership upon payment). This would also entitle the buyer to all of the masters and dvd royalties in the future."

So you get the DVD royalties and masters, as well as "corporate papers", which I assume include trademarks and ownership claims. I wonder if you also take on any debt of the company, or would that be covered with the ridiculously high opening bid?

What are they thinking? It's not like 3PW has as much name value as, say, WCW or ECW did.

Oh well, nobody bought it. I hope she didn't go out and spend $180,000 on credit.

We should just start our own promotion. We could probably do it for only a fraction of what she was charging.

I've sorta fantasized about running a TSM-based show for years now. It is a really tempting idea.

But consider these various problems:

1. Our members live in various locations all over the world, so coming up with one ideal town to hold it in would be impossible; wherever we put it would still be too far away for at least 90% of our members to attend.

2. Depending on what state you hold it in (assuming the show would be in America), running a wrestling show can be really fucking expensive. The licensing fees alone for a show in Pennsylvania can bankrupt the average person.

3. Such shows do have a history of falling on their faces pretty badly. Anyone else remember Breaking The Barrier?

Dama's gimmick could be the guy that constantly reminds you how big he is...

I can picture CronoT looking like X-Pac back in that diaper match or whatever it was against Razor Ramon...

Jingus, you need to start a thread about TSM gimmicks, now!

dude I wish we could do that. we should start a telethon to get money to both buy it and fly all of us to the show. Im thinking we need about 10 million dollars.