TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

Orton

What should WWE do with Randy Orton when he returns? The most obvious thing to do is to let him feud with Batista over the World Title but would the fans still see him as a credible threat to the title? And with the recent rumours of Batista going to SD!, what would Orton have to do on RAW? Or should he go to SD! as well, or should he align himself with HHH and Flair again?

Ideas?

Orton should be fired right before hes about ready to come back from injury.

Guest Coffey

I say that they use the RNN skits to keep him active while he's out with injury. He plays a good cocky heel and those segments can be taped to hide flaws. They're part of the reason why he was ever over at all. The face turn is really what killed him. He turned heel again but he was going against the Undertaker so no one could really rally behind him.

He did seem like he was heading in the right direction though. Just keep him as a cocky heel but give him TV time. He'll come around. I don't think that I'd stick him into a main event program directly upon his return however. Besides, I don't even think that Batista will still have the belt by the time that Orton comes back.

I'd stick Orton in a feud with Shelton. Of course, I don't think that it would work if the IC title was in the feud. Not only that but I really don't know if Shelton will still be a babyface by then. He seems like a defacto tweener now.

Actually, they might be better off sending Orton to Smackdown. As a heel over there, he might be able to get over a lot better. He'd have people like Guerrero and Cena to work with.

Guest LooneyTune
Have Cena squash him in a few PPV matches.

Spice things up a little bit... have Funaki squash him on a few PPV's.

Guest Coffey
Orton should be fired right before hes about ready to come back from injury.

Have Cena squash him in a few PPV matches.

Spice things up a little bit... have Funaki squash him on a few PPV's.

...and people wonder why this folder gets shit on?

Seriously, neither of those replies added anything to this topic. All they did was run away anyone whom thought about trying to have a serious discussion in this thread. Even if the thread has been done before. Even if no one currently seems to care about Orton. What's the point?

Post Count +1! Yay!

I'm sure he'll be coming after Batista. Which is one PPV main event i DON'T want to see.

Orton has had irrepairable damage done to his heat over the past couple of months, and really back to Sept. if you think about it. We already know he can't beat HHH, can't beat Batista, can't beat UT...and fans probably wouldn't accept it if he DID. Basically, he's fucked.

Murder angle involving Orton and a loofa.

Only if the loofa murdered orton. then loofa vs doiley for the title at summerslam.

or orton vs batista. same thing.

Murder angle involving Orton and a loofa.

Only if the loofa murdered orton. then loofa vs doiley for the title at summerslam.

or orton vs batista. same thing.

*Spreads Peanut Butter on a Roll*

he can't beat Batista

Well, to be fair, he did probably beat Batista several times between September and January, one match being the one that earned him a title shot at the Royal Rumble.

I'm also one of the people who doesn't want to see a Batista-Orton PPV main event, especially at Summerslam. I'd like to see him drafted to Smackdown to keep him away from guys like Batista, HHH, & Edge on Raw, because we've already seen enough of those matches. On SD, he'll be able to go against new guys like Cena (one match WWE definitely wants to do, sooner or later), Eddie, and Rey among others. With his injury, he likely wouldn't be able to debut on SD until a few weeks after the draft probably, but when he does go to SD, he can be pissed that he's not on Raw to get revenge on Batista, and he can act like he's better than everyone else. Yeah, it does sound like Booker T last year after being drafted, but I'd say it's much better than keeping him on Raw. And if WWE REALLY wanted to, they could hold off on the "huge" interpromotional match between Batista & Orton until WM 22!

Ok so Orton beat Batista in a few nothing matches....what do you remember more though? The nothing matches or Batista squashing him like a bug after WM? At this particular moment there's no way anyone would buy Orton beating him.

Have him be an Edge-like Psycho, jealous of the fact that Batista took his spot in Evolution.

Maybe not Edge like exactly, but I do like the idea of him lamenting over Batista stealing his spotlight, therefore getting the title. That promo he had when facing Batista was pretty good I though. He could mix Jericho's old conspriacy angle (although obviously not as cartoonish or silly) with him just being ultra cocky, and I think that would be a successful comeback feud with him. Hell, have him do videos too, so at one point, you have Triple H, Orton and Edge all gunning for Batista at the same time. Makes the title look important, makes Batista look good for being able to take all challengers, and gives four people something to do.

Midcard limbo for Orton sounds good to me.

Yes, because midcard limbo is good for business.

Like Orton has ever been good for business. other that courting gay fans.

He's over huge in San Fran.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

Depends on who comes over from Smackdown in the draft, but right now, I would like Orton to take the title from Batista at SummerSlam or Survivor Series.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
I would rather see Edge vs Captian Charisma for the title than Batista vs Orton.

I doubt they're actually going to put the title on Edge, and Christian has an even less chance.

I think Orton/Batista would be great. They just have to get Orton's heat back when he comes back on television. If they do one of those scenes where Batista is arriving at the arena, or maybe even walking to the ring for a match, and then have Orton bash the fuck out of Batista with a baseball bat or something.

They need to have it be a total surprise when he comes back, so that it as impact, and then afterwards, he can talk about how he was just evening the score for what Batista did on the ringpost, when he aready knew Orton was injured. As long as he gives Batista a brutal enough beating and Batista sells it, (maybe even with the hospital interview and the whole bit), I think the feud would get over huge. They just need to let Orton cut the cocky interviews while Batista is gone, play up the "will he able to compete at Summerslam angle" and let the fans yearn for Batista to come back and even the score.

Really, the only variable that would keep the feud from getting over is how Batista is booked in the meantime. If they do good enough with interviews, etc., that the fans are still into Batista, then they'll love the feud. And if Batista's turning into a lame duck, or even if he's lost the title, it will still be a nice notch in Orton's belt to take the big man down. I can hear it now, something like:

"You think you're the future Batista? You're 36 years old. You're just another dinosaur for me to roll over. You may have won the Royal Rumble, you may have beaten HHH for the World Title at Wrestlemania, but now? You're just one more legend killed by Randy Orton."

Another problem I see with the angle is that Orton has ran his mouth off on HHH and UT for the same thing and the outcome of those matches left his "legend killer" persona a laughing stock. Who would take him seriously against Batista?

They need to just pull the plug on Orton and focus more on someone like Christian, his heat is gone. no one cares about him anymore. hes the most blandest bland thats ever blanded. hes a below average wrestler, has a boring look, boring personality. there just nonthing to like about him IMO. Triple H kicked his ass, Undertaker kicked his ass, Batista kicked his ass. face it, hes done.