TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spaceman Spiff

Smackdown! 5/12/05 Thread

So now WWE has done evil foreigner gimmicks, racist characters/storylines, necrophilia, rape, murder (and threats of murder from Eddie, tonight), goofy characters, play-to-the-crowd boring faces, women-beating, chickenshit heels, etc.

Is there anything stupid WWE HASN'T done these days? Seriously.

It's funny how they made Jacobs wear boring tights because his real ones would totally upstage the tights of everyone else on the roster.

You know they would.

I thought Jacobs wore those tights in IWA MS(where he's a heel) so he could kill the Huss gimmick.

We've never seen an unholy wedding involving midgets, baby murder, a man kill another mans dog just to take the dead dog and feed it to it's owner, or a granny giving birth to her young black lover's "baby".

Oh wait.......

What was with that horrible (yet unintentionally hilarious) Angle promo? He had really been starting to regain credibility with some big wins and serious feuds, and now he's talking about wanting to have "bestiality sex" with Booker's wife.

Actually, between that, the poison apple, and the last segment, this was a horrible sports entertainment show.

On a positive note, I did like that 6-man. Why does Charlie Haas not have a bigger role on SD? I also like MNM.

I also liked Eddie's intensity in the ring after his heel turn. He's moving faster, and making his moves look sharper, though that was only against an ROH jobber. Hopefully he keeps up the good work.

I thought Jacobs wore those tights in IWA MS(where he's a heel) so he could kill the Huss gimmick.

Strange considering that Jacobs played a face tonight against a heel Eddie Guerrero, obviously.

Yes, I can see it now. Kurt Angle wants to STAY heel, so he pulls off an interview that even smarks hate him for. Who says kayfabe is dead?

Yes, the day came when Eddie actually was able to pull off a heel turn that many here said he couldn't do(of course, we still got weeks to go, but Rey returning should keep him there for sure).

Yes, the day has come where the wwe is starting to build up wrestlers using jobber matches just like some here have asked for. Yet, no one has noticed this is why they are doing it especially before the changes come because of the draft.

Yes, the day also came when I was reminded of Ultimate Warrior puking :lol:

They have yet to have a Klansman, or a character who's a pedophile (Jerry Lawler doesn't count. Sorry folks.) Hell, call the pedophile "Nambla Dan", and have him come out with his "manager" Little Billy. Then the company will have officially hit rock bottom.

BTW, I knew that Eddie could pull off a heel turn sucessfully.

They already missed the boat with making Heidenreich the unfrozen Nazi, which is a shame.

They could have him as a face Nazi right now.

Hey, MUSCLE did it.

We've never seen an unholy wedding involving midgets, baby murder, a man kill another mans dog just to take the dead dog and feed it to it's owner, or a granny giving birth to her young black lover's "baby".

Oh wait.......

hey, now, I wouldn't call Mark Henry "young"

I wish that the crowd were start chanting steamboat real loudly when he came out. Of course 95 percent at least of the audinece doesnt know who ricky steamboat is, but to hell with them.

Let's examine tonights sd

Heidenreich sucking up to children? wtf?

Kurt Angle, the attempted racist? (maybe his beast comment meant to make fun of sharmell, that she looked like a beast? Angle probably meant to say animal-like or beast-like sex, not beastitltiy, cuz thats just stupid)

and wasn't it enough for book and kurt to feud because they cost each other a wwe title shot?

and why did the wrestlers run out to break it up? why do they give a crap?

Eddy, threatening to hurt Reys kids? (though he changed it up)

Terrible new theme remix as well

and why are cole and tazz so surprised "Ive never seen this eddie, hello remember just 3 years ago when he first came to sd? or most of his wcw days? or his los gringos days? this is the real eddy. Can't believe that the audience is apparntly all marks and hates eddy immediately, that shows the angle is workign well.

A poisoned apple? What is this Snow White?

That was the strangest sd I have seen in a long time.

Terrible new theme remix as well

It's too bad that WWE will never think to give Eddie back his "Lowrider" theme from WCW since Chavo hasn't been using it for a while now.

Random thought:

Aside from the obviously contrived and ultimately doomed gimmick for Matt Morgan, if and when they decide to pit him against wrestlers that are closer to his size, how feasible is it that he'll be able to hit the Stutter Step™ on a regular basis?

I see another retooling of Mr. Almost-Tough Enough in 4 months.

And the EDDY~! heel turn was great. HHH needs to watch the opening interview and see that there is a way to do a promo sitting on a folding chair and actually convey real emotion.

Did anyone notice a guy in the crowd act like Vince McMahon in beyond the mat with Droz:

HE'S GONNA PUKE, HE'S GONNA PUKE!

Yeah, I did B-)

This sounds like the highlight of smackdown.

If there is one thing that SMDN is doing that Raw is not, it would be that they are crafting characters to either get behind or hate. I mean let's face it, who didn't detest Angle for his actions last night? Or Eddie for his psychotic heel actions? Conversely it makes it easy to root on Booker and Rey to come back and beat their asses. Hell, attempted rape angles, partners beating the shit out of each other....all are normal to anyone who followed Memphis wrestling, haha.

Eddie's promo last night was good. I like the new theme except for the beggining, it sounds like something I'd get off a Jamster commercial.

What the hell are they doing with Kurt? Seriously...bestiality sex?

The rest of the show was kinda meh (although I missed Carlito's Cabana cause I was switching from SMDN! and the MTV XBox special).

Well, I watched the end of the show last night, which I don't usually do, an I have to say that it was terrible. Booker T's still incapable of showing emotion in the ring and an all-around bad worker, Angle's storyline is ludicrous, and Sharmell broke Stephanie's record for unnecessary ear-piercing screams. DUD, DUD, DUD.

Am I the only one who kinda likes this Angle/Booker feud? It's just so over the top and trashy that I am amused by the whole thing. I do agree that Booker needed to be more pissed off and just should have gone after Angle and tried to beat his ass.

I wish that the crowd were start chanting steamboat real loudly when he came out. Of course 95 percent at least of the audinece doesnt know who ricky steamboat is, but to hell with them.

In fairness, The Dragon's kinda hard to recogniz these days.

Hopefully they'll have him do some appearances for the upcoming "Best of the 80s" DVD.

Am I the only one who kinda likes this Angle/Booker feud? It's just so over the top and trashy that I am amused by the whole thing. I do agree that Booker needed to be more pissed off and just should have gone after Angle and tried to beat his ass.

Oh no. It sucks, but it's definitely in the "so bad it's good" range. Not quite like Shane/Kane, but still reasonably entertaining in a wrestlecrap sorta way.