GreatWhiteNope

The OAO RAW Thread - 6/6/05

Rate this week's RAW - 6/6/05  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Rate this week's RAW - 6/6/05

• Good
    • Mediocre
    • Bad

Besides the ECW stuff though, Raw really sucked. All the matches were bad, some of the angles were moronic, and there was just too much talk.

Well, there was Lita's suspenders-like shirt and Christy Hemme randomly screaming like a rape victim, those were kinda entertaining.

Maybe this doesn't mean much but tonight I was over a buddies just sittin around watchin tv with some of the guys. To make a long story short these guys used to watch wrestling and haven't in a long time and they really enjoyed tonight's show and all seemed intersting in ordering the ECW ppv. Maybe the WWE will start gaining back some viewers.

Besides the ECW stuff though, Raw really sucked.  All the matches were bad, some of the angles were moronic, and there was just too much talk. 

Well, there was Lita's suspenders-like shirt and Christy Hemme randomly screaming like a rape victim, those were kinda entertaining.

I couldn't agree with you more on Raw sucking. In all actuality, I didn't like the ECW stuff either. It's like, great, you beat on Snitzky, Tomko, and Maven. Nice to see those guys on the level of ECW. Sorry, but I am not excited about watching ECW guys beat on WWE jobber dudes sans Edge and Christian. (although Christian is basically a jobber who is over with the crowd)

Not a good show at all and definitely did not make me enthused about this sunday, that's for damn sure.

Guest Big_Jay101

Who all got switched on the brands, i watched for like an hour and only saw John Cena switch, wahts the deal did they each not do ten picks.

Guest RadioBurning

In reply to some earlier questions/comments:

I'm not sure when the Heartthrobs debuted, but Antonio worked a house show in Albuquerque on May 20. However, he was obviously a nobody at that point, because he had to dance around the ring for about five minutes at the match's start trying to get heat. He and Rosey then proceeded to have an absolutely awful match.

May I also note that Triple H had a title shot at that show too, a "street fight" in which the only weapons were the steps and a rope, and the match stayed in the ring the whole time.

In reference to the water-spitting Trips, he not only entered doing it, but spit out an equally large spray every time Batista punched him. I don't know if he always does this, but it was at least more obvious when I saw it live.

Also, was that a Rock Bottom from Venis in his Masters match? I know he followed it with a Spinebuster (though not as exciting as Rock's), and of course the Fisherman and Blue Thunder. I feel bad for the guy having to job to Masters, and I was screaming for him to escape, or raise his arm on the 3rd drop to power out (but he only got 1)!

Guest fanofcoils

I wasn't impressed when only 5 ECW guys (not including the Dudleys) showed up. I thought at least 10 should have showed up and it would have made a better visual.

Who all got switched on the brands, i watched for like an hour and only saw John Cena switch, wahts the deal did they each not do ten picks.

From WWE.com

The 2005 WWE Draft Lottery

The 2005 WWE Draft Lottery has kicked off in a major way, as the WWE Champion John Cena was the first Superstar selected. As a result, Cena is now a member of the RAW roster. Use the below scorecard to follow the month-long Draft Lottery:

June 6: RAW selects John Cena

June 9: SmackDown! selects TBD

June 13: RAW selects TBD

June 16: SmackDown! selects TBD

June 20: RAW selects TBD

June 23: SmackDown! selects TBD

June 27: RAW selects TBD (two picks)

June 30: SmackDown! selects TBD (two picks)

Keep in mind that all picks will be drawn at random. RAW will draw from the SmackDown! roster. SmackDown! will draw from the RAW roster. 

All RAW & SmackDown! Superstars can be drafted, including Champions, Divas, announcers and general managers. Everyone is eligible to be drafted.

General Managers are allowed to trade until Midnight on June 30th.

After rewatching that Highlight Reel... that has got to be segment of the year so far. That pop for Cena was HUGE! The rap was the best one he's done in a long time.

One thing about Cena being on RAW, he's gonna be less censored since he's on cable and not UPN. So his raps may become better.

Guest M. Harry Smilac

This is the 1st time in a long time that wrestling has actually got me excited.

I had a friend over who hasn't seen RAW in years and usually rolls his eyes in regards to anything Cena and even he was marking out for the entire opening.

I so had my money on Angle.

Cena on raw with HHH scares me and Smackdown is in serious trouble but he really needs his edge that he is allowed on cable versus network TV and it showed with one of his better promos that i've seen since before he became happy guy face right after he first started getting really over.

So glad they had Sandman come out smoking and he even went back to his classic out-of-shape look as opposed to his later slightly in-shape days :D

Balls looked alot slimmer as well.

Everything else regarding RAW felt like standard fare though.

Really felt bad for Batista as you could just tell he was super nervous compared to his usual calm laid back pimp character.Probably that Cena pop.

They better draft a heel to Smackdown this week because no matter who goes over they don't have anyone that could equal Cena and who ever goes is gonna get shit on big time.

Hopefully they save Batista for the last week.It's in his best interest to get away from HHH and get around guys like Show and Angle as they were good for Lesnar who's character was similar albeit a bit better in the ring.

Still have the potential of seeing him hit his big moves on Show which is always entertaining and getting carried through a few sweatfests with Angle.

One thing about Cena being on RAW, he's gonna be less censored since he's on cable and not UPN.  So his raps may become better.

I disagree. If you can't curse you have to be more creative, but Cena didn't really bother. I think he was putting more effort into his raps when he first started out. He didn't really swear much that I recall, then, either.

He just got lazy with his raps, just like he'd got lazy with his wrestling.

batista will likely go to sd dont you think? and cena needs to rip off the sd plate on one of the sides of his belt.

and did Batista really need a new theme song? it sounded worse to me this week.

and HHH really needs to shave, badly.

damn cena on raw, I'm going to have to adjust my wwe fantasy team prob.

There's NO WAY Cena stays on Raw. He'll be back on SmackDown! within the month. Bank on it. Jericho and Christian to go with him and continue their thing over there.

BTW, now that they did the Cena switch, I wouldn't be shocked if Trips went to SD so as to put the Vengeance match in "doubt". I mean, like Cena, he'll go back to Raw, but they're going to try and be smart and do it.

There's NO WAY Cena stays on Raw. He'll be back on SmackDown! within the month. Bank on it.

I hope you're right because:

1. Smackdown not having a World Champion right now is going to seem odd.

2. HHH and Cena can't get along too well in the same lockerroom from what I read. This obviously doesn't mean I want HHH going to Smackdown, though, or he'll be burying Paul London and Rey Mysterio.

Has anyone considered the possibilty of Edge going to SD, HHH and Batista have their match and Edge comes out afterwards and steals the title using his Money in the Bank shot.

You all need to re-watch the initial pop that Cena got when his theme music started (it's on the WWE.com homepage).

Don't want to jump to conclusions on how big that pop actually was - can't forget Rock's return to help Foley in December 2003, or a few others in 2000 - but it just may rival Jericho's debut in August 1999.

Has anyone considered the possibilty of Edge going to SD, HHH and Batista have their match and Edge comes out afterwards and steals the title using his Money in the Bank shot.

They won't be that smart, trust me. And is Edge ready to carry an entire brand? They could have Edge going to SD! and then he's pissed off that he can't use the title shot so he appears at Vengeance and steals the belt from (could be from HHH, that would give HHH another title run) and Edge brings the World Title to SD!.

And holy shit Cena's pop was fucked up.

The Cena/Xtian/Jericho was stuff was real good, and the ECW stuff was OK, but the rest of the show was hard to sit through, and the Batista/Hunter feud SUCKS. Whoever is writing the script for that feud must have some watching some cheesy B-movie or something.