TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zyn081

Which wrestler, dead or alive, past or present but

Another point of discussion: if you could pick any wrestler, still alive today or not, but if they are alive they are inactive, who you would pay a substantial sum of money (say 4 times the cost of an average WM ticket since 90% of this board are Americans :P ) to see wrestle one last time.

Guest JerichosHi-Lite

Most people'll probably agree with my answer of Bret Hart, the guy two above me said that too, so I'll go with my second answer.

I don't know if this TECHNICALLY counts because he's TECHNICALLY still employed, he just doesn't wrestle anymore. If he was still able to go, I'd love to see Stone Cold Steve Austin in one last, cracking match. His match with the Rock was awesome, as of course it should be considering who's in it, but if could ever get healthy, I'd love to see him go one more time.

Most people'll probably agree with my answer of Bret Hart, the guy two above me said that too, so I'll go with my second answer.

I don't know if this TECHNICALLY counts because he's TECHNICALLY still employed, he just doesn't wrestle anymore. If he was still able to go, I'd love to see Stone Cold Steve Austin in one last, cracking match. His match with the Rock was awesome, as of course it should be considering who's in it, but if could ever get healthy, I'd love to see him go one more time.

Your technically right ;)

My Ultimate Card, with at least one inactive in each match:

Bret Hart vs. Curt Hennig

Owen Hart vs. Kurt Angle

Chris Benoit vs Dynamite Kid.(I'm told they had a few matches in Japan)

Terry Funk vs. Sabu(Let's assume Funk's retired).

I would have said Tanaka vs. Awesome one more time until last Sunday.

Guest jm29195

I'd have loved to see Goldberg/Austin from the summer 98, not much of a match workrate wise but the crowd heat would be like nothing ever seen before...

Guest wildpegasus

Chris Benoit vs Dynamite Kid.(I'm told they had a few matches in Japan)

WP --They didn't. They wrestled in Stampede in 89 when DK was beyond crippled. One clipped (there's probably a longer version of the match out there but I have yet to get it) tag match made it to TV. Their interaction was brief but DK still bumped like a maniac for Benoit. I suspect there may be another tag that made TV as well.

On house shows they also wrestled against each other. Benoit/Davey Boy vs DK/Johnny Smith aka British Bruisers. This was a big match they were building to on TV but it never did occur.*

I think they also had 1 house show singles match against each other.

*They may have actually had a match on TV but I'm having a hard time figuring out when.

If it was possible, the #1 wrestler I'd like to see back is the Dynamite Kid without a shadow of a doubt

The Rock, but even then it wouldn't be for long. It's important to keep moving forward considering WWE's future stars are finally blossoming, but now when I see people from the Attitude era (HHH and UT spring to mind) I look at them as anachronisms. Rock would come back for a couple of years, but spend that time making people.

The puro head in me says Jumbo Tsuruta. That guy could just flat out work.

For North America, I'd say Owen Hart. I really miss that guy.

Jumbo and Owen were about as natural to the craft of pro wrestling that you will ever find in your lives.

Bret Hart easily. My favorite wrestler of all time and the guy never got a proper send off.

As impossible as it is, Bret vs. Owen III would have been my most anticipated re-match of all time.

Dames

Well, as most said, Bret Hart would be my obvious choice.

However, if I were to ever hear the indian cry in the opening of Tatanka's music, I would probably cream myself.

Guest wildpegasus
The puro head in me says Jumbo Tsuruta. That guy could just flat out work.

For North America, I'd say Owen Hart. I really miss that guy.

Jumbo and Owen were about as natural to the craft of pro wrestling that you will ever find in your lives.

I remember Lyger mentioning about how when someone would teach Owen Hart a new manuever he'd get it first try and sometimes do it even better than the teacher.

I would love to see Bret Hart. It's funny(I'm going to ramble here, so be warned), I grew up with friends who loved wrestling, but I was not allowed to watch it, because my mother feared it would corrupt me or something. But I knew about some people, and I played the Wrestlemania game at the local arcade. Fast forward to late 98, maybe early 99, I'm in Blockbuster and I see WWF Warzone, and there's nothing else I particularly want to rent so I rent it. I had no idea who a lot of these people were, but I had a lot of fun with it and I ended up buying a used copy of it from Blockbuster. Then I get a magazine with the hidden moves each wrestler has(for some reason, a bunch of moves were left out of the in game move guide) and the finishers. While I could almost never get submissions, I gt really good with Bret Hart, and I kept wanting and wanting to see him, and I had no idea the Montreal Screwjob happened. To this day, I haven't seen a lot of complete Bret Hart matches(mostly clipped things from WCW's old highlight videos), but I just love his style everytime I do see him wrestle, and I'd pay good money to see him live and hear the his old WWF music again. I was SO disappointed with the version of him in Smackdown vs. Raw, but then, I was disappointed with that game in general, and I really hope they do release that Bret DVD that we've had rumors about. By the way, my character in OAOAST, Otaku II, uses the Sharpshooter as my tribute to Bret, but I haven't had an opportunity to use it yet. Okay, I'm done rambling.

Guest TheGreatWesuke
Andre The Giant.

Seriously.

Under no circumstances will you convince me there was a better big man in the history of wrestling.

The thing with Andre is his entire persona now reads like a (literally) larger than life fairytale legend. He's one of the only major stars of the 80's that I never got to see live, and I've always been a fan. Whenever Andre would appear on the television screen everyone had to take notice.

Steamboat

Before HBK came back, he was definitely my choice. When he finally came back to wrestle HHH, I was more hyped for that match than any match I'd ever watched, and it delivered everything I hoped for and more.

Now though, I honestly can't think of anyone I'd care to see wrestle again. I never gave a shit about Bret or any of the WCW guys, and at this point, I really don't want to see Austin or Foley get in the ring either.

If I were to pick an inactive wrestler to come back, it would probably be Brock Lesnar, but only if he could stay full-time. If I was absolutely getting one match, I guess I would like to see Bret come back, just to finally do the clean job for Shawn that he bitched about for so many years.