TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

DocV...you've never played Chrono Trigger? Don't listen to your buddy, play it at least once in your life. All RPG fans should play through it at least once.

I've played it and I recall enjoying it.

I donated a controller. Not very exciting, but I figure kids have germs, so they'll need a lot of controllers or something.

Guest Smues
So I have to ask, because I'm curious...

I know they've gone in a decline...but are there any cheat devices for the XBox 360?

I don't think so. I don't think there are any for any of the current gen consoles, and my guess is there won't be as they can firmware update them into oblivion pretty quick. And the risk of online cheating may factor into it as well.

There will never be a cheat device for the 360. For any product to interact directly with the hardware, Microsoft has to license it. Note that there are no unlicensed third party 360 controllers.

There is a cheat device for the Wii, though, I believe.

Games are easier now than they were in the old Game Genie days...don't need a cheat device.

You do if you want to modify your abilities in SvR without having to have to do specific things for it.

But ah well.

Curse my partial colorblindness.

I'm playing the game Justice League Heroes on my PSP (figured I needed to get SOMETHING for it) and now I'm stuck on the Batman/Zatanna team up level where they're in the other dimension.

It says to use a sequence of portals to teleport...but the one FAQ I have is color. I thought I figured it out, but apparently my green and yellow detection isn't good when it comes to the lights.

Anyone who played and beat that game tell me which portals I need to use?

There will be three deals at TRU starting Sunday:

Buy 2 games $29.99 and up, get $20 off

Buy 2 PSP or DS games at $29.99, get $10 off

Buy one get one half off on all games $19.99 or under

Edited by KingPK

There will be three deals at TRU starting Sunday:

Buy 2 games $29.99 and up, get $20 off

Buy 2 PSP or DS games at $29.99, get $10 off

Buy one get one half off on all games $19.99 or under

Cheapassgamer had the lists of 29.99 and up games and it pretty much sucked. That deal is pretty much even with the Gamestop/Ebgames online sale of 10 dollars off games 50 dollars and up onlline.

Anybody got any really good iPhone/iPod Touch game suggestions?

There are some good free ones, but the more 'professional' paid ones are pretty sharp.

I bought Crash Bandicoot 3D Racing - pure ripoff of Mario Kart of course, but its very fun with multiple tracks and unlockable stuff. Kept me busy on a long plane ride.

The other one I bought was Fieldrunners, a tower defense game that was getting unanimous 5 star reviews. interesting game, and actually lots of fun. Sort of a RTS game almost, as you buy different weapons and use placement to blast away successively harder attackers.

The free games tend to be more casual, anaconda, papijump, demo versions of more pro games (Pac Man lite, Blocks classic lite, etc), etc etc. But Crash and FieldRunners were a little more involved than your casual tetris-type game.

Really turned me around on the viability of iPod Touch (and phone) as a viable gaming platform.

Guest Smues

I got my wife an iPod touch, and she really likes the version of Spore they have for it. Of course, that was when she could play it. For some reason when she installs games and aps they work for a day or so, then won't load.

Did anyone watch the Spike VGA's last weekend? Did I miss anything other than Jack Black's usual failed attempts at being funny?

Wii Music showing up in the list of nominations for best music game (losing of course), looking like the pathetic joke it is, and this:

http://i34.tinypic.com/2na18o6.jpg

Reminds me of...

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/5904/voltronhg4.jpg

Guest Smues

I finally finished Tales of Symphonia 2. If the first one is a 10/10, I'd call the sequel 7.5/10. Not great like the original, with some big flaws, but still quite enjoyable and worth the play for anyone who enjoyed the first one. But man oh man if I never have to hear "courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality" again it'll be too soon. It's mainly early in the game that's it's over killed, but christ. There's a drinking game for you, take a shot every time that phrase is said. You'll be sauced pretty quick.

I finally finished Tales of Symphonia 2. If the first one is a 10/10, I'd call the sequel 7.5/10. Not great like the original, with some big flaws, but still quite enjoyable and worth the play for anyone who enjoyed the first one. But man oh man if I never have to hear "courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality" again it'll be too soon. It's mainly early in the game that's it's over killed, but christ. There's a drinking game for you, take a shot every time that phrase is said. You'll be sauced pretty quick.

I've just recently fired this game up, I know what you mean....wayyyy too much dialogue in this game. I know I know, it's a RPG, but STILL...

Guest Smues

I wouldn't mind it if you could skip it, but even on a 2nd playthrough you can't skip it. But if it overwhelms you remember you can tough it out, because courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.

This is my first foray in to the Tales world...it's okay, but nothing impressive. However since I only own a Wii, currently and I was dying for some RPG action, I went ahead and grabbed it up. It's not bad, but it's not compelling enough to make me sink massive hours in to it like FF6 or something.

Guest Smues
This is my first foray in to the Tales world...it's okay, but nothing impressive. However since I only own a Wii, currently and I was dying for some RPG action, I went ahead and grabbed it up. It's not bad, but it's not compelling enough to make me sink massive hours in to it like FF6 or something.

Get the first Tales of Symphonia for Gamecube to play on your wii. It is compelling enough to sink massive hours into it. I've got 5 or 6 play throughs on it and my total saved time is at around 180 hours IIRC.

10%-75% off everything on Steam~!

http://store.steampowered.com/holidaysale

Includes BioShock and Portal for $5 each, the Valve Complete Pack for $75 (includes Left 4 Dead--considered a pretty solid deal even at $100), and a handful of dollar games, including some of the old Dooms, and Half-Life 1 expansions (to go with the previous 98¢ 10th anniversary sale on HL1). Check it out!